The Hunter's Trial

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I opened my eyes to find myself deep in a jungle surrounded my thick trees. It was night and the air was cool and damp. I started to move through the terrain and noticed my body was fully Dragon. The ground was soft and plants swished quietly when I pressed down my feet. I could clearly feel the wet earth and the softness of the ground as I walked. It was an amazing sensation. I then started to move faster, and it was exhilarating as I swiftly and silently moved through the terrain.

I was on a hunt. I had finally grown old enough to participate in my Tribe's coming-of-age trial. We were to go out to one of the more dangerous parts of the jungle where we would hunt down prey to bring back to the Tribe, and to prove we could successfully hunt and fend for ourselves. To show we are no longer hatchlings, but full-fledged members.

I neared an opening in the trees that led to a large water source. The bank covered in reeds and small plants. As I neared the edge of the water, I felt a sense of danger, and detected something big in the water. 'That should make the perfect prize and prove my skills'.

I splashed my claws in the water and felt the vibrations of it moving closer. I hopped back a bit and then splashed again. After a couple more times, I could see the shape of the creature closer to the surface. I then prepared myself. I duped a claw in the water.

Splash! I leaped up as a huge head of a creature that looked like a hybrid is a snake and crocodile slightly larger than my body leaped out of the water and tried to grab me and pull me under. It narrowly missed me as I landed on its head and started to claw at it. I held on as it tried to get at me, and gored out its right eye that wasas big as my claw, and then the left one. Blinded, it stumbled onto the bank where I was able to get enough leverage to crack the skull in the center of its forehead, crushing its brain and killing it.

My chest glowed with the sense of victory and the effects of adrenaline in me. I grabbed the creature and slowly began to pull its body towards home. It was incredibly heavy, but I managed, and on the way back I picked up a smaller feline I had killed earlier that day. It felt like forever before I got near the outpost camp that the trial was being held in.

I saw the awed faces of a few adults who were awaiting the participant's arrivals. They came up and helped me take my kills to a wooden platform where it would be displayed to those attending. I hauled up my kills into the platform with the help of an adult, and saw some of the other hatchlings and their kills already there waiting. Apparently I had been the last one to arrive, so now the awarding ceremony could get underway. It was exciting, and when my name was called and congratulations were made, I felt extremely happy. We were then all given something to signify our success,

I then sauntered towards one of the shelters I was staying at, thoroughly exhausted, and laid down to sleep as the dawn was starting to break overhead.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Calin

Great experience, thanks for sharing.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”