A full body me

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This was an interesting one. I had it last night.

It was the tail end of a much longer dream, which I do not remember. I was at "work" but not the place I work in waking life. It was all very ill-defined except for a space of about twenty or thirty feet all around me. I was walking down a hall, I round a corner and I see me. Generally speaking, I only see bits and pieces of myself in dreams, every once in a great while I will see myself in a mirror. This was full-body me at age 25 or so. The only difference was that the other me had eyes so light they were like moonstone. (My "regular" eyes are lapis blue) It was a profound shock. I stared at him a bit while my mind raced around trying to grasp what I was seeing and if it could possibly be real.

He was smoking a cigarette. (Which I did at that age) I said to him, "I quit smoking"

"I didn't." He said.

At that point a third "me" materialized to my left. He was like the other me, only he wasn't wearing a shirt. He didn't speak or even look at us. He was staring strait ahead. At that point my "boss" entered the room, a middle aged middle management type, a prominent "spare tire" from sitting behind a desk all day, little Hitler mustache, balding, officious as hell, a total prick. He stood directly in front of the shirtless me and looked the three of us over. I said, "What the fuck are you staring at? You've never seen triplets before?"

He turns to the smoking me and says "There is no smoking anywhere in this building. Put that out."

The shirtless me attacks him without a word. Punching him in the face. He is really beating the shit out of this guy.

I say to the smoking me, "I haven't laid a finger on that motherfucker, but what do you wanna bet I get fired for it?"

The smoking me takes a drag, exhales it and says; "Yeah, probably."

Then I wake up.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
judiss
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Ronove, Beelzebub
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Hi Passchendaele,

This is very interesting. Dreams are so weird and I always enjoy hearing about them or analyzing them - especially my own. I know you didn't ask for a psychoanalysis but this is an open invitation for discussion and I'm not a licensed practitioner, so here's my 2 cents: whenever I hear "dream" and 3 of one person appearing in the same sentence, my thoughts automatically shift to Freud - the controversial man who dabbled much in dream analysis and (among other things) coined the basics of human moral development. I'm sure you knew, but he identified three parts: the Id, the Ego, and the Superego. While the Id and Superego are more like hypotheticals or thought-forms that influence the Ego (ie. you can't "be" an Id; you can very well (but only) be someone who is ruled or heavily influenced by their Id), the Ego is corporeal and represents you. From the sound of it, the shirtless you is the Id-governed you, the smoking you is the neutral you (an untainted as of 25-years-old Ego), and the You you (you, who is observing it all) is the Superego-governed you. It sounds like you're no longer 25 and you have grown a lot as a person. After all, the superego is the "Ego ideal", or the moral gold standard all humans are supposed to strive towards. Is it possible that something important or life-changing happened around the age of 25? The dream sound like a pat on the back, like "look how far you've come - good job" to me. I don't know about the boss symbolism - I'd rather not venture wild guesses. I also don't know if this is correct, but it's my interpretation! Unfortunately, I don't know how to bring the spirituality aspect into this (yet). Thank you for sharing though!

-judiss
ᛚᛇᚲᚾᚨᚱᛁ:ᚹᛟᚱᛞ
Mabooka of the Iiopotto

Image: "Faust in his Study" - oil on canvas - by Philipp Winterwerb
Shershah.chowdhury

Passchendaele wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 am
This was an interesting one. I had it last night.

It was the tail end of a much longer dream, which I do not remember. I was at "work" but not the place I work in waking life. It was all very ill-defined except for a space of about twenty or thirty feet all around me. I was walking down a hall, I round a corner and I see me. Generally speaking, I only see bits and pieces of myself in dreams, every once in a great while I will see myself in a mirror. This was full-body me at age 25 or so. The only difference was that the other me had eyes so light they were like moonstone. (My "regular" eyes are lapis blue) It was a profound shock. I stared at him a bit while my mind raced around trying to grasp what I was seeing and if it could possibly be real.

He was smoking a cigarette. (Which I did at that age) I said to him, "I quit smoking"

"I didn't." He said.

At that point a third "me" materialized to my left. He was like the other me, only he wasn't wearing a shirt. He didn't speak or even look at us. He was staring strait ahead. At that point my "boss" entered the room, a middle aged middle management type, a prominent "spare tire" from sitting behind a desk all day, little Hitler mustache, balding, officious as hell, a total prick. He stood directly in front of the shirtless me and looked the three of us over. I said, "What the fuck are you staring at? You've never seen triplets before?"

He turns to the smoking me and says "There is no smoking anywhere in this building. Put that out."

The shirtless me attacks him without a word. Punching him in the face. He is really beating the shit out of this guy.

I say to the smoking me, "I haven't laid a finger on that motherfucker, but what do you wanna bet I get fired for it?"

The smoking me takes a drag, exhales it and says; "Yeah, probably."

Then I wake up.
That happens to me sometimes but instead i wake up and i walk around the house but only to realise when I get to my room that the real me is asleep cos I can see myself asleep in the bed.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”