I wanted to fall...

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

In the dream...

I was standing at the edge of a place...
It was a pretty dark place ...
Except for one light source ...
The endless pit below me just over the edge...
The pit below was cloudy, stormy and grey with lightning all around it...
I could see that there was something more beyond it ...
A spirit was standing across from me...
On the other side...
I couldn't see much but could sort of sense that it was a masculine energy...
He was rather kind and was encouraging me to go there...
To fall down there ...
So I did ...
I stepped off the edge, leaned forward waiting to embrace the stormy darkness below...
But was suddenly jolted back to where I was before...
Back on the ledge...
It like there was a strong current pushing me back...
I kept trying again but couldn't fall...
I could float for a bit and that was it...

Into the stormy abyss
I wanted to fall...

Not sure what this all meant...
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Do you think that this has some potential meaning behind it or that there is some symbolism? I got some serious imagery from that writing, btw. Very intense dream it sounds like. Though I would venture a gander, if I may? That maybe while you are letting go and releasing yourself to the unknown, that something is still bringing you back to where you start? That there is something else that prevents you from moving forward in your endeavors? A blockage that you were not aware of being there?

I hope it helps or if you were just pondering and weren't wanting an idea of input... <3
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Yekarah

ysabeau wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 am
Do you think that this has some potential meaning behind it or that there is some symbolism? I got some serious imagery from that writing, btw. Very intense dream it sounds like. Though I would venture a gander, if I may? That maybe while you are letting go and releasing yourself to the unknown, that something is still bringing you back to where you start? That there is something else that prevents you from moving forward in your endeavors? A blockage that you were not aware of being there?

I hope it helps or if you were just pondering and weren't wanting an idea of input... <3
I'm not sure. I do have a few things in mind though, some you've already mentioned. Some possibilities from the dream is that I could be experiencing some internal blocks, maybe fears or something external that may interfering?
Or Maybe I'm not ready to "dive in" to that territory yet.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Maybe he would tell you how if you ask?
Yekarah

laalbieglna wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:47 am
Maybe he would tell you how if you ask?
No problem with that. :-) Just wanted to project some thoughts of my own here. Any additional input is welcome. :)devil:

Celtic Star

Is there anything going on in your life that's holding you back from accepting (something that happened) and moving past on? Perhaps returning to the top of the ledge is something akin to a grudge, in which you are always thinking about the event; not wanting to forget it (maybe not even wanting someone else to forget?). Maybe you're even trying to deny some feelings you have and that storm would be a time when you did acknowledge your feelings and letting them out..?
Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.
Aggie Cromwell
Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I have to agree with everyone above. It seems as if there may be a subconscious connection that is hindering you from falling, no matter how much you want to. There are times where we feel that we may be ready to move forward or to take the next step on our journey, but there can always be something that seems completely unrelated which holds us back.

Either way, I hope that you get to the source of what is holding you back soon. :tentbiggrin:
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
user031

Infernally Rohan wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:04 am
In the dream...

I was standing at the edge of a place...
It was a pretty dark place ...
Except for one light source ...
The endless pit below me just over the edge...
The pit below was cloudy, stormy and grey with lightning all around it...
I could see that there was something more beyond it ...
A spirit was standing across from me...
On the other side...
I couldn't see much but could sort of sense that it was a masculine energy...
He was rather kind and was encouraging me to go there...
To fall down there ...
So I did ...
I stepped off the edge, leaned forward waiting to embrace the stormy darkness below...
But was suddenly jolted back to where I was before...
Back on the ledge...
It like there was a strong current pushing me back...
I kept trying again but couldn't fall...
I could float for a bit and that was it...

Into the stormy abyss
I wanted to fall...

Not sure what this all meant...
Seems like you subconsciously don't feel ready to face some kind of your shadow self. That's possibly why you were blocked from diving into the abyss.
Abyss represents our deepest core, true self. All our past experiences, situations, emotions, traumas and reactions at these are exposed there. Metaphorically, there rages each and every storm we passed through in all our past lives and this one too. Your dream supports that metaphore too.
It would be interesting and enlightning if you could remember who was the spirit on the other side... Possibly he was your guide through this process.

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”