The lady in the garden

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

In the dream, I was walking into a garden, it looked well maintained - lush, green, vibrant, simple, neat, elegant. It appeared to be a small, narrow garden, which looked like something a landscape artist would have designed and created. I was able to see the garden better than the surrounding areas and background, which was a blur.

Below is a rough example except that all of the hedges were of a rectangular, cuboid shape, and much shorter:

As I walked further into the garden, the centre of it had a long, light grey pathway made of concrete. The long, grey path was in between the green cuboid hedges which were roughly 40 by 20 by 50 inches in size, with vacant spaces in between each one, maybe 10 inches or more.

A rough example of the hedges minus the pots:

As I looked over the hedges to my left, I had noticed I was looking into someone else's garden, but it looked very different from the one I was in - It was dry, arid, barren and lifeless. The plants from that garden were all dead and shrivelled up. The whole garden looked ghastly and I was surprised at the stark contrast between the lifeless one compared to the one I was standing in. I then drew my attention back to the garden and started walking down the path and towards the end of it. As I have reached the end of the garden path, I was met facing a large, tall, grey, concrete wall with an indented square shaped frame in the centre of it which looked like it would be fit for an outdoor altar - It appeared to be vacant with nothing in it.

Below is an idea of the space, but it was much larger, maybe 4 times that size:

Then suddenly on my right, at my peripheral view, a woman had suddenly approached me. She wore a long white dress, had fair hair (maybe blonde), and looked like it was tied up in a bun. Her expression looked stern, with both of her hands behind her back, as she studied me.

She asked: "Why are you here?" , with a slight grin.

As soon as she had asked me, I suddenly received what seemed like ‘memories’, as if I had been to this space before, maybe they were repressed, distorted memories. It was quite confusing, it had included some people I may have met in my past but not sure exactly who, and that I might have been to this garden before with them?

I replied: "I think I came here before and wanted to see the place again. I’m thinking of decorating this space (gazing at the ‘altar’) as it’s empty."

She was silent for a moment and nodded: “Okay then…”
She then walked away into the garden behind me.

I gazed at the altar space a bit more and then the dream had ended.

I had a few ideas of what It might mean and who the possible woman in the garden could be.
The woman in the dream sort of reminded me of the demon Verrine because of her association with health, herbs, gardens, foliage etc. There are also other demons and spirits who could assist with similar things, but that was the first spirit that came to mind for me, and I have been wanting to connect and work with her as well. Perhaps an entity could be reaching out to me wanting to work with me, or it could just be about something else?

The garden I was in appears to signify abundance, and good health, while the dead garden next to it might be about negligence, abandonment and death? Perhaps it could be about priorities and what could happen if one of these priorities end up being neglected? It could also be about one's importance of their own spiritual priorities, hence the "altar space".

Any other thoughts are welcome. :ideadevil:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I would personally say that it's quite probably that Verrine is reaching out to you through this dream. There's a lot of symbolism here, especially towards the end.

From what I know of Her, the two gardens seem to represent Her duality: that of health (the flourishing and healthy garden) and as the tempter into action through impatience (the unhealthy side). It also seems that there's an unspoken question of "what are you waiting for?" with the empty altar space. Why are you waiting? You want to reach out but haven't. You've experienced Verrine already, she is just waiting for you to reach out officially rather than passively.

By saying that you wish to build up the altar and create that sacred space, you're saying you want to reach out again, to learn from Her and She is willing to answer you when you call.

Definitely reach out. This is your opportunity to connect with Verrine.
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”