O.B.E or prophetic dream?

Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel discussed here.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

This happened over 2 weeks ago...

I was returning home feeling tired, so I went to go lay down and take a nap on the couch.
...and so I fell asleep...

Next thing...

I was "awake" (or so I thought I was...) with my 'eyes' opened but the room was dark, very dark as if someone had turned the lights out in the house.
The whole house was dark.
I would sometimes have powercuts in my neighbourhood, sometimes they would be happeneing frequently.
So I thought that's what it was.

but it was not.

(I currently live with my family and they were at home when this happened.If they were to go out without me they would always inform me beforehand. )

As I lay on the couch in darkness,thinking I was wide awake , I knew that my mom was usually downstairs, in the kitchen, making some tea - the house is small so anyone can hear themselves if they just shouted out.

so I did that.
I shouted : "hey mom the lights are out."

but. I couldn't hear myself speak. I was mute even though my lips were moving.
I would try again.

"The lights are out!"
no sound. nothing
Then I begun to get annoyed:
"WTF!?"

"The lights are out!"

same thing happened.

Then I tried to sit up on the couch...
but I could not...
It's as if a heavy weight were on me.
I could only move my 'eyes' around the room...
I tried to move my hands,my feet, anything
but I couldn't.
I realized that I was frozen, paralyzed!
I started freaking out.

I wanted to scream but nothing would come out...
I would call my mom, then anybody, anyone.
I felt helpless.I was trapped in my body.
In darkness, in silence, feeling alone.

I was then thinking to myself...
Is this real or am I in a dream!?
What's going on here!?

Then I started to believe that I could be dreaming so I would force myself to 'wake up' .
But I could not.
I would keep trying but nothing.
I am stuck here,help!
I would force myself over and over.
Then suddenly
I was awake.

Finally.

I noticed the lights were all on as if nothing had happened, the t.v was on as it was before I crashed on the couch.

I was able to move my hands and feet and I quickly sat up, rubbing my hands all over my face, wondering to myself...

"WTF was that!? WTF!"

As I was out of my groggy state and wide awake I went to make some coffee. I asked my family if the power went out tonight. they said "no, not at all." it was 10 pm, when I woke up. I clearly wasn't tired anymore, I wasn't sure when I was going to go back to bed again.

Then at around 2 am...
the lights went out.
for real.

I don't think I slept at all that night. I pretty much stayed up.

btw, the lights stayed out like that for over 2 days...
no power for 2 days.

this rarely happens but when it does, it's only every couple of years.

Did I just astral project that night, was it a lucid dream?

It also felt like a prophetic dream because the power did go out that night...
only later.

after I had that dream...
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

I used to have these regularly, maybe a "sleep paralysis" is the right term. Like my body is asleep but my consciousness got stuck somewhere half way, not asleep, nor completely awake (at least not in physical sense). Sometimes I'd "wake up" in complete darkness, if it's night time, but other times I'd see light around me if I'm having a nap during the day. But it's always would take some effort to get out of it, either way, going in to sleep or waking up both were hard for me. Couldn't move the whole body, but then I learned I shouldn't try to move the whole body, it's too heavy, I should go smaller - kind of like waking up one piece at the time, starting from finger tips and then the hand and going up in scale.
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Cerber wrote:I used to have these regularly, maybe a "sleep paralysis" is the right term. Like my body is asleep but my consciousness got stuck somewhere half way, not asleep, nor completely awake (at least not in physical sense). Sometimes I'd "wake up" in complete darkness, if it's night time, but other times I'd see light around me if I'm having a nap during the day. But it's always would take some effort to get out of it, either way, going in to sleep or waking up both were hard for me. Couldn't move the whole body, but then I learned I shouldn't try to move the whole body, it's too heavy, I should go smaller - kind of like waking up one piece at the time, starting from finger tips and then the hand and going up in scale.

I was also thinking it could be just that,could have just been a sleep paralysis episode.
I never had something like that happened to me before in that way,which was why I had panicked.
I should try not to overreact when it happens but it was frightening in any case.

:umm:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Return to “Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel”