Lucid dreaming tips?

Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel discussed here.
Zonk01
Patron Deities: Leviathan
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Leviathan, Agares
Number of Demon Familiars: 19

Hi, does anyone have any good tips on going lucid? I have been trying for almost a year now and have had no results. My only lucid dream was on accident, and it happened way before I tried to initiate it. Thanks!
“I summon the one with the horns and the fire
as I throw myself right into the dark. I open the doors to the other side,
where everything is so old
I'm leaving this world and I enter the void
where the shadows forever reign.”
- “Where the Shadows Forever Reign” by Dark Funeral
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Before when I was not having vivid dreams it was a little easier for me to realize I was dream and take control. Now when I dream it's so real I just go along on rails through it.

From what I know you can try to make ques (items,sounds,phrases) that when you see or say in dreams, those are supposed to help make you realize your dreaming and you can take control yourself.
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

Well if you don't mind sleeping with your headphones on, you could try my hack. There is a tone I like to play sometimes, it kind helps me to focus and partially prevent my brain from going in to "deep sleep" phase. It doesn't automatically gets me in to LD, but chances (depending on bunch of other factors) significantly higher. I tried a few but settled on that particular one, seems to work best for me. Possible side effect is that without "deep sleep" phase you will not feel like you had good rest. I can find that tone later if you want
Darth Moronius

dont sleep comfortable
make habit every hours, check out if this is dream or not like try to float
:sleepdevil:
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

The one I like to do is looking down at your body. Throughout the day, just look at your hands or feet and think "I am dreaming." Soon, you'll get used to it and even while sleeping you will do it. This will make you realize that yes, in fact you are dreaming and then you can control yourself from there ^^
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

The first step to achieving lucid dreams is learning to become aware that you're in a dream. Once you become aware that you're dreaming, you become more able to control your actions while in the dream. After that, practice will get you to the point you want to be at.

You can also use the dreamscape to enter the astral plane, and go on adventures, interact with your companions, etc.

I often enter the astral by 'waking up' out of my bed after transitioning from the dreamscape to the astral while not yet physically awake. I used to think I had woken up, but was too tired to get up and wanted to sleep more. At this point I'd either do back into the dreamscape or get out of bed. I'd then roll out of bed and look around. Everything looked like the physical, but you could feel that the air, and texture of reality was different.

I used to test whether I was awake or not by jumping. I would jump up, then use my arms as wings and try to hover/float to the ground. If I landed hard, I was awake, but if I was able to stay up in the air I was in the astral.

That's another fun thing you can learn to do. Flying in the astral/dreamscape is really fun. ^^
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
simara
Patron Deities: Lilith, Samael
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Rashoon, Unsere, Vepar
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

I find it easier in the morning.  I will wake myself early then daydream myself back to sleep.  The dreams at this time are very lucid and usually align with what I was daydreaming about.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious.

You think I'm just a doll. A doll that's pink and light. A doll you can arrange any way you like. You're wrong. Very wrong. What you think of me is only a ghost of time. I am dangerous. And I will show you just how dark I can be.
Harley Quinn

Zonk01
Patron Deities: Leviathan
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Leviathan, Agares
Number of Demon Familiars: 19

Kitsune wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:01 am
The first step to achieving lucid dreams is learning to become aware that you're in a dream. Once you become aware that you're dreaming, you become more able to control your actions while in the dream. After that, practice will get you to the point you want to be at.

You can also use the dreamscape to enter the astral plane, and go on adventures, interact with your companions, etc.

I often enter the astral by 'waking up' out of my bed after transitioning from the dreamscape to the astral while not yet physically awake. I used to think I had woken up, but was too tired to get up and wanted to sleep more. At this point I'd either do back into the dreamscape or get out of bed. I'd then roll out of bed and look around. Everything looked like the physical, but you could feel that the air, and texture of reality was different.

I used to test whether I was awake or not by jumping. I would jump up, then use my arms as wings and try to hover/float to the ground. If I landed hard, I was awake, but if I was able to stay up in the air I was in the astral.

That's another fun thing you can learn to do. Flying in the astral/dreamscape is really fun. ^^
Last night I started to realize I was in a dream, but I still couldn’t control it. Thanks for the tips!
“I summon the one with the horns and the fire
as I throw myself right into the dark. I open the doors to the other side,
where everything is so old
I'm leaving this world and I enter the void
where the shadows forever reign.”
- “Where the Shadows Forever Reign” by Dark Funeral
wanderer
Patron Deities: Astaroth, Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

My method is to go to sleep (preferably without having to get up early the next day) and if you wake up in the middle of the night drink some( not a lot of) water. Go back to sleep and when your bladder wakes you up (preferably after you've gotten enough sleep not to be tired) DO NOT OPEN YOUR EYES! Preferably don't move too much either. The purpose if for your mind to wake up, not your body. Just be aware your now awake and go back to sleep. Then it should be easier to lucid dream.

However, there seems to be a difference between lucid dreaming and vivid dreams. Just because you're lucid dreaming doesn't mean it's going to be vivid, especially if your dreams aren't normally vivid.

And it's kinda hard to think what you want to do while lucid dreaming since your not fully conscious.
“If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.” – Joseph Campbell
user2774653b
Patron Deities: Emperor of the Void Abyssal Demon Lord Leviathan

Miss Sceptic speaks out from me again! :lol: Guys could it be connected to the phase of really shallow sleep when human brain broadcast a bit faster waves then delta (delta are typical for deep sleep)? If yes it would maybe mean that lucid dreams aren't something spiritual then "usual" influence of our halfly awoken mind (consciousness, analytic left hemisphere!) at the right hemisphere which is still very active in such condition...
We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you...

Return to “Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel”