Observing Without Judgement.

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Remember back in chemistry when they taught us that chemicals in solution move from an area of greater concentration to that of a lower? The same is true for emotional energy. When you get uptight, yell, scream, or get angry, that energy is very concentrated and will move to an area of lesser energy, with the result that you are losing energy, and this continues until you stop acting out being angry and are at the general emotional level of the people surrounding you. The same for love. If you love everyone, showering them with gifts, showing them courtesy and honoring them, the people surrounding you will suck that stuff up until you just cannot sustain that behavior any more, and everyone around you is at the same level. So, how do you keep your own energy, and even increase in energy? By being neutral, and observing without reacting, without judgement. Don't love people. Don't hate them. The energy will flow from your surroundings into you that way. You can then choose to use that energy when and where it is most important to you. All you have to do is to become less or neutral in any emotional energy that is being expressed around you! So suck it up, and stop giving away your strength unless you really mean to. If you cannot manage to be neutral, then experience the emotions, but do not hold onto them, and let them flow. That is why you have to feel it to heal it....in order to correct the solidification of the emotional energy in you, you need to make the emotions fluid again. There is a reason emotions are in the elemental sphere of water! When we hold onto emotions it solidifies them and creates a blockage in us! :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Hmmm... I guess for me love and other positive energies are a bit different? When you put some kind of energy out, you usually get it back, right? I find that is usually the case. But the receiver of the energy has to be... well... receptive to that energy with no other conflicting energies in them, I think.
You brought up the case of love so I will use that. You can give selfless love to someone but inside them the selfless love they receive clashes with the greed and scarcity they hold inside. So it is likely that they will only seek your affection, and LOTS of it. They won't give any of it back because that's who they are. But give it to someone who is also generous and you'll receive a lot in return.

I keep re-reading your post and getting confused! :lol: What do you mean by being "neutral," Hellcat? I'm confused by this term. I feel like it's sad to be closed off emotionally from other people, but I can kind of understand why some may choose to. It is a sad and lonely path though...
Do you mean the term "equal" instead? Personally, I like "equal" better. You may extend positive energies towards someone but if they only give back negative or give back more negative than positive, it's an imbalance... I think we gravitate towards individuals who resonate on a more equal level with ourselves... Sure, we'll have others in our lives that are energetically different from us (and here I'm just talking about positive and negative, and different personality traits like intelligent, creative, prudent, paranoid, etc etc, not elements or energies of other beings), but those who match our energetic disposition are the ones who are most closest to us. Being "neutral" sounds really... closed off and careful to me. Waiting until you see how the other reacts in order for you to react? Seems like a dance of emotions and mind games to me. Oh dear. I don't know. AM I INTERPRETING THIS WRONG??? ^^;;; ahhhh!! lol
If you're getting some energies from someone that you don't want, then go ahead and be neutral. But I don't think this should apply to EVERYONE you meet. Just ones you figure out that don't match well with you and don't bother to put anything into the relationship.

Maybe it's because I have "love" in my name. I wonder what I do more, love or hate? Hm? Hm? Any guesses? :lol:

Okay, I'm done re-reading and trying to puzzle this out! :crazy:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others

@Amarath,
Neutral as in a passive state. Neither positively or negatively attached to things on an emotional level. If I'm neutral to a child crying nearby, I am unaffected by them, and don't put my energy into that situation. I am not annoyed by it nor concerned by the emotional state they are in.

Does that help clarify?
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Amaranth Rose

Kitsune wrote:@Amarath,
Neutral as in a passive state. Neither positively or negatively attached to things on an emotional level. If I'm neutral to a child crying nearby, I am unaffected by them, and don't put my energy into that situation. I am not annoyed by it nor concerned by the emotional state they are in.

Does that help clarify?
I understand now... but something was really bothering me about Hellcat's post and I couldn't figure out why... after taking a shower (haha shower thoughts), I realized it was a problem with me. This is Hellcat's experience so she probably has to become neutral to some stimuli around her. She's also a psy vampire. That must be quite overwhelming... Whereas for me, my problem is being too neutral sometimes... ^^; oftentimes I repressed my feelings because I was ashamed about looking like a fool or a braggart or whatever. So I've tried over the years to kind of open up... and found some positive and negative changes (more positive than negative though). Maybe I just saw too much of myself in Hellcat then interpreted everything wrong. Sorry Hellcat!!! And also major oops. Here's one of those paper fans you can hit me with like in one of those cheesy old manga. ;)
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Kitsune
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others

*40 lashes with a wet noodle!*

(I counted each hair to make sure. xP)
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

Come in!
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

It is a hard concept for me to get around, too! It requires a lot of thought and I do not know if I have it right yet. It is not that you suppress emotions or do not indulge in them. It is not holding onto them. They must be experienced in the moment, and then the moment is gone, it flows past. You must live in the moment, perfectly. You can CHOOSE to expend energy on loving someone, for instance, but you do not get stuck in that and relive it over and over. Instead of a walk down memory lane, share your thoughts or company with the one you love. It is much more powerful. Live for now, love for now! People are always trying to get a piece of you energetically, and get you stuck in a mindset. Take, for example, those annoying ASPCA commercials where they show the little doggies and kitties that have been neglected and abused. It is emotional blackmail, plain and simple. Do not give your energy to that! Those commercials COST, and how many animals would be helped using that money? There are better ways to do it! I will volunteer, spread the word, help a rehabber, do any number of things, but I have learned to go neutral to things like these. Not ONE PENNY to them for that mess made to upset people to loosen their purse strings. Not one cent. You use your MIND and WILL to decide, and can listen to your emotions in that moment, but the emotions do not rule you. If you are in a constant a state of emotional turmoil, it is a very low level to be in. Choose what you will expend your emotional energy on wisely! I watch my Hellborns, and they are some of the calmest and most well adjusted individuals I have ever seen. GREAT role models. In the moment of battle, watch out! They are awesome. Deadly. They rage. When that moment is gone, they do not sit around holding onto the hurt that they grew up neglected, or had a tough childhood or relive old battles in their minds.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Kitsune

I've noticed that when you remove all emotional attachments to a person or situation, which usually happens with a good crying session if you have a strong connection to the situation or person in question, then any further interactions with that thing or person tends to just roll off of you like water on duck feathers. It has no more real emotional value to you, and then doesn't affect you at all. When you let things go, it can be painful, but afterwards you feel much better and are able to think with a clear head.

Come in!
GraveRaven
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Leviathan, Azazel, Asmodeus, Astaroth to just name a few.
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Satan, Lucifer, Leviathan, Azazel, Asmodeus, Astaroth to name just a few.
Number of Demon Familiars: 13

Basically, learn to experience your feelings without latching on to them, and then let them pass through so you dont expend a lot of energy that become counter productive in a sense? At least that's what I'm getting from it, without over complicating what I feel your saying. Lol either way I agree, when you become passive and experience your feelings without trying to halt them from happening or hold on to them helps but it's not always easy to do. I find that practicing this with someone that urks you in some way is helpful, hard at first but it doesnt help when you start succeeding little by little. I practice this with some of my family members and when it succeeds I notice that what I was bothered by wasnt really that big of a deal. But sometimes it do3snt go that way lol x)

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”