Goal Setting On A Magickal Path.

Mind power and mental mastery, a place to develop and expand ones cognitive abilities.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

There are many people working in magic who have studied for years and do not seem to be much further along than when they started. What are they lacking? Yes, goals. I have a book just for my Magickal goals. I like to keep about 5 short term goals, and about the same number of harder long term goals. A few of my current short term goals look like this: 1) Improve my physical health. There can be a lot of steps under this one goal, but as a first step, for the short term, I am having Bariatric Surgery in another week and a half. I will also also improving my diet, and exercising, but that will be later and is part of my long term goal of improved fitness and health.

2) Enrich my cat's life. This is a fun one! He tends to be a comatose little butterball, and he needs me to work with him at exercise and play, and he needs challenges. Cats like to climb, so I will be building him climbing shelves and getting a cat tree in the near future. You might ask how this is a magickal goal, but believe me, it relates. My cat is my familiar, and there is a lot of magick we can do together. Also, he makes me happy and comforts me, which affects my mental state which affects my magickal workings.

3) improve my studies of energetic healing with the use of crystal energy. I am enlarging my crystal collection, and will be connecting closer with Lord Uphir and my own Companion, the Mutilation surgeon, Kodiak. First I need to have a pretty hefty set of crystals so I can feel and become familiar with their energies.

If you do not have goals, believe me, you will not be going anywhere! Just remember that you get to the big things by smaller steps. Short term goals are the small steps that lead to the bigger changes. You need a plan to get there, and you need to periodically review these goals and find out why or why not you are achieving them. I need to revise my goals to include financial ones soon. :p
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Spoiling cats is the best thing ever. =^.^=
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
HurricanesGirl20
Patron Deities: Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Machaloth, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Those are great goals SH :)

I think my issue is that I have many things I want to do but I never take the steps to start. Or worse, I quit right after I start. Maybe I need to keep a book like you do for accountability.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Lokakisa wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 pm
Spoiling cats is the best thing ever. =^.^=
:devilthumbs:
HurricanesGirl20 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 pm
Those are great goals SH :)

I think my issue is that I have many things I want to do but I never take the steps to start. Or worse, I quit right after I start. Maybe I need to keep a book like you do for accountability.
I have those problems, too. do baby steps. Make one little goal for the day. Today I will open that magick book and read the title and publishing page. Heh! VERY small steps! Accountability is a huge thing. The trick is not to get disappointed in yourself or discouraged about it. Guilt is a very damaging emotion, so avoid it. Note the problems you are having and make a plan to overcome them. Accept setbacks as a natural part of the process.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Cthulhus Tentacle

Wise advice. :)devil:
Lilith Regina Immortalis
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

People also need to remember to maintain what they've accomplished, not scratch it off and move on to the next one once it's done.

I think it's a good idea to go back over your old accomplished goals and take a look at what can be done more regularly.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Goal setting is important, maintaining it is another thing. Baby steps can help get things in motion and prepare you for the bigger, more challenging ones ahead.
Another thing I do (depending on the goal I'm pursuing) is to keep the goals to myself until they are done.
If an obstacle might occur, I sometimes try to mentally envision myself as an unstoppable fiery tornado. :devilfre:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Return to “Mind Power, Focusing and Mental Mastery”