Importance of cleansing

This is the the place to talk about your shielding practises and ask for feedback.
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Today I am going to speak on cleansing and how important it is for us all, as a reminder.

As most of us know there are many ways to cleanse ourselves and our surroundings. My favorite happens to be by smudging with sage. ( though our companions dislike the smell. In reguards to that, I call upon them all and give them a warning, that way it does not smack them as a surprise when they pop up for a visit) Cleansing is not only important for our aura, it is good for the mind, body and soul. One should make cleansing a regular thing. It helps promote a sense of well being.

Today I smudged the whole house, beginning with upstairs and ending at the front door, and opening the front door. Then I myself, went outside and smudged. When I walked back in the air felt lighter. It felt nice and peaceful. I usually wait until I am home alone to do such things. It is easier to cleanse a house with out other energies in there. Even if your house is warded, us living with in the walls can create negative vibrations. These energies must be cleared out frequently. That way they do not fester around inside, multiplying. If you do not clear them out, the energies will effect your terribly. You will be in bad moods often, and have uncalled for bouts of anger and depression, just to name a few of the effects. Any negative feelings, you can bet they will start to fester and grow within. You must cleanse them. Purge the negativity from yourself and your home.

When we are in situations or places where there is a lot of negativity, it tends to cling to us and eat at us. Especially those who are an empath. It is important to avoid these people and places as much as possible. I understand sometimes it is impossible, which is another reason why cleansing is so important.

It truly feels wonderful after a deep cleanse. You feel embraced with such positive energies, creating a happy and balanced mood. Who doesn't want to feel happy and peaceful? So as I said before and I will say again, One should add cleansing into a routine and make cleansing a regular thing. You will love the benefits. Now go cleanse and spread the positivity. You will also notice the more positivity you pull in and put out, the further away the negativity will stay.

I won't go into the methods on how to cleanse, as this post is long enough. If you have any questions just comment below.
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I enjoy cleansing as part of my daily rituals. Center-ground-cleanse-shield. I sometimes forget to, and that is usually when I have problems. This is a great reminder! I use camphor incense, or white sage to smudge my house on a monthly basis, or when I get a breach in my security. I really enjoy using a chakra or aura oil infused with positive energy, too. It only takes a few seconds to anoint the pulse points and the hollow of the throat. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Satan's Hellcat wrote:I enjoy cleansing as part of my daily rituals. Center-ground-cleanse-shield. I sometimes forget to, and that is usually when I have problems. This is a great reminder! I use camphor incense, or white sage to smudge my house on a monthly basis, or when I get a breach in my security. I really enjoy using a chakra or aura oil infused with positive energy, too. It only takes a few seconds to anoint the pulse points and the hollow of the throat. :)
Nice! I have not used chakra oil. I am sure I can make some and infuse it with positive energy. I will have to try this. Thx SH
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Calin

I make a version of purification oil from Scott Cunningham's which works well - I use it in my oil burner and also have anointing oil blended 1/4 cup jojoba if I feel sludgy. Too much smoke hits my lungs pretty hard, and a good sage purification generates a load of sage smoke. I find essential oils work just as well. I anoint my third eye, each wrist and each foot effectively drawing a pentagram across my body. You can draw different banishing pentagrams on your body this way by starting at the relevant point on the body.

3 parts frankincense
3 parts sandalwood
2 parts rosemary
1 part pine
1 part clove
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Satan's Hellcat wrote:I enjoy cleansing as part of my daily rituals. Center-ground-cleanse-shield. I sometimes forget to, and that is usually when I have problems. This is a great reminder! I use camphor incense, or white sage to smudge my house on a monthly basis, or when I get a breach in my security. I really enjoy using a chakra or aura oil infused with positive energy, too. It only takes a few seconds to anoint the pulse points and the hollow of the throat. :)
Many thanks for this! Something I can work into my daily routine.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Two things I would like to point out that are important in cleansing both the body, mind, and environment.

Cleaning a space cleanses the mind. Likewise cleaning a body will help to cleanse the energies of that body. It's important that when you are doing your ritual cleansing of space or person, that you involve actual cleaning as a part of it.

For cleansing a ritual space, if you're up on maintenance (some of us are lazier about housework than others), a general cleanup and tidy will do. If you're not keeping up on it, you may have to go on a full on spring cleaning rampage, but trust me, it will be worth it.

The same goes for your physical self. Even if you shower every day, if you don't make cleansing a part of your shower, sludge can build up, making cleansing rituals more difficult to get to "stick." I find that, while under a blessed showerhead, allowing my aura and chakras to open up as the now blessed water runs over my skull and down my body, then down the drain, I get a much better cleanse than I would if I was just doing an energetic and quick cleansing. Blessing your showerhead takes seconds, as well. If you're feeling particularly sludgy, you can add a sea salt scrub to your shower ritual.

Soaking once a week in a tub is wonderful - you can add salt and other cleansing herbs if you feel the need. When you drain the bath, make sure you stay in the tub until the last of the water has gone down the drain, as the draw from the drain will suck anything soaking didn't shake loose out of you and away. :)

Taking 5 to 20 minutes every day to tidy your space up will also keep sludge to a minimum. It's important that your space be open, bright, and comfortable. If you find yourself walking into furniture, you need to move it. When you are familiar with the energies of a space, you will find yourself walking along the energetic flows, and if you're walking into objects, they're impeding the flow, and need to be moved.

Mirrors are helpful for reflecting energy and opening up spaces - just be careful about their placement, and always ward your mirrors regularly to prevent them from acting as gateways for energies you're not interested in keeping in your home.

Flowing water can also help keep a house cleansed - a small household fountain is wonderful - change the water regularly, and if you have pets who like to take advantage of it, remember to check it every day to make sure that your water levels are appropriate for your pumps.

Finally, green plants - specifically hanging ferns, ivys, and spider plants, do HUGE things to keep your environment cleansed, and they're mostly pet safe. Aloe is another good one, as are violets. Violets can be put on windowsils as they need a lot of light. Most ferns and ivys need to be watered regularly, and need some form of daylight. Keeping the plants exposed to daylight has the added benefit of exposing your home to daylight - sunlight is very cleansing and good at destroying microbes as well as stuck energies.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Protection, Shielding, Warding and Psychic Defence”