Magical tools that we use in our workings
sunman
Patron Deities: Dionysus
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas

Chrysopaelian wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am
sunman wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:40 am
I like it! Simple and to the point. I always had a problem with building elaborate altars and making them to complicated.
At the time I didn't have much money, so I used what I had. I'm still that way, for the most part. I like to upcycle things and do a lot of crafts. I also have a spot outside that I use as my All-purpose altar, and it's really nothing but a stack of firewood and a broken cinder-block, but it's good to me!
My Stolas altar is going to be a grey cloth and on it I have a frame with his original goetia art in it and and super nice bowl(for offerings) I bought yesterday. I also have his sigil on a peice of paper I am going to either tape on the cloth or draw it right in the cloth. As far as candles, I am not sure if I should use white or blue. Either way ill have one on each side. in the top corners.
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

sunman wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 am
Chrysopaelian wrote:
sunman wrote:
I like it! Simple and to the point. I always had a problem with building elaborate altars and making them to complicated.
At the time I didn't have much money, so I used what I had. I'm still that way, for the most part. I like to upcycle things and do a lot of crafts. I also have a spot outside that I use as my All-purpose altar, and it's really nothing but a stack of firewood and a broken cinder-block, but it's good to me!
My Stolas altar is going to be a grey cloth and on it I have a frame with his original goetia art in it and and super nice bowl(for offerings) I bought yesterday. I also have his sigil on a peice of paper I am going to either tape on the cloth or draw it right in the cloth. As far as candles, I am not sure if I should use white or blue. Either way ill have one on each side. in the top corners.
I haven't posted pics yet, but I got some really nice pewter (which is mostly tin) things at the antique store on my trip. I had been using (as you can tell from the picture probably, don't laugh,) a tin can for offerings due to the metal association, but now not only do I have a really nice German made goblet (Made some time between 1946 and 1990) but I also have a matching antique metal lighter! I got the set for less than 1/2 the cost of a single similar piece on Ebay.

It's amazing what just kind of shows up when you're into these sorts of things...
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
sunman

Chrysopaelian wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 am
sunman wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 am
Chrysopaelian wrote:
sunman wrote:
I haven't posted pics yet, but I got some really nice pewter (which is mostly tin) things at the antique store on my trip. I had been using (as you can tell from the picture probably, don't laugh,) a tin can for offerings due to the metal association, but now not only do I have a really nice German made goblet (Made some time between 1946 and 1990) but I also have a matching antique metal lighter! I got the set for less than 1/2 the cost of a single similar piece on Ebay.

It's amazing what just kind of shows up when you're into these sorts of things...
I forgot all about his association with tin. I should find a tin bowl or something made out of tin. I bought some random gemstones for it today though
sunman

Chrysopaelian wrote:
sunman wrote:
I understand how that is!

Here is mine I built

sunman

Whoops!
43656727_547457535667831_5650682218427711488_n.jpg
43656727_547457535667831_5650682218427711488_n.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

sunman wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am
Whoops!

43656727_547457535667831_5650682218427711488_n.jpg
Ah, it looks fantastic! :D
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
sunman

I just found out yesterday that tin cans are actually aluminium now. Just thought I should let you know that. I was looking for tin items to melt and cast into a sigil but that was a fail, I will have to buy some for the internet lol

Return to “Magickal Tools”