Altar to Prince Stolas

Magical tools that we use in our workings
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This is the first altar I’ve ever made. I dedicated it this past Saturday (the 24th).

The wood semicircle is from the tree of a family friend. I had painted the top white thinking that I would use it for craft stuff, but it ended up being perfect for this. One cool thing about this semicircular shape is that it’s easy to picture a spiritual half on the other side extending and completing the circle.

Supporting it underneath is a wire basket (covered).

The two blue candles are a scent called Indigo Nights, which I really like, and blue is his color. They were on sale at Walgreens, which was a big plus. The plug-in in the center is a wax warmer. The can in the center is a tin-coated steel can. Tin is one of Prince Stolas’s metals, and I’ve been using this can as a place to put offerings.
Attachments
ps altar 2.png
ps altar 2.png (390.37 KiB) Viewed 6807 times
ps altar 1.png
ps altar 1.png (244.45 KiB) Viewed 6807 times
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
user524
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel

Beautiful! I really love your altar, well done!! :devillove:
Improvidus,
Apto, quad
Victum
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I love it - I think that semi-circular wood piece adds character to the altar.
The 2nd pic when the lights are out is also great, it looks dramatic and beautiful. :devillove:
All the best.
:)devil:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Really love this, thank you for sharing it with us ^-^ I spend so much time doing altar creation and set up, I love seeing what other people do <333

Love the fabric as well *-*
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ohhhh I love the reflections of the light on the walls. They almost make a star pattern :devillove:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Chrysopaelian

@Ikara:
:D Thanks, I'm very happy with it. The process of creating/dedicating it was pretty surreal for me. In the background I was raised with, only the ordained can create an altar. I never thought I'd do something like this in my life, let alone as such a quick process, without being an ordained/trained member of anything. I hope I am not rushing in too fast. I wanted to have something established to work with, but it feels quite strange taking just a week to plan and create something this special.

@Infernal Ascendant: Thank you! If it wasn't for that wood piece, I probably would not have gone full speed ahead with making it. Thankfully the fact that it was just there in the room gave me something special enough to work with basically right away. I wanted to give people an idea of what it looks like in both kinds of lighting because both lightings are an experience of their own.

@Eilana: Awesome to get such positive feedback from someone who spends a lot of time at this, since it's my first one! The fabric was from my scarf phase. It's been well loved and it's seen an adventure or two. Now I'm in my sweater phase and I don't wear the scarves as much. I thought this would be the perfect use for a fabric like this that I've treasured.

@Amaranthlovecharm: There's something nice about soft, warm lighting like this. One of the things I've loved to do for a long time is to take a shower by candlelight. I haven't done it in a long time, though. Somewhat humorous was that when I launched full-swing into this stuff, I realized I didn't have any usable candles around anymore. Having the warmer is very nice for me too, since my respiratory system tends to have a hard time dealing with incense. I can barely even walk into most new age shops because of how it irritates my lungs. I'm also glad I put it there because if I take off the wax dish from the top, it illuminates the sigil really nicely. c:
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
sunman
Patron Deities: Dionysus

Are the links no longer active? I joined just to see them lol and it isnt working! I would love to see them though.
Chrysopaelian

sunman wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 am
Are the links no longer active? I joined just to see them lol and it isnt working! I would love to see them though.
Yeah, when they reformatted the site I think a lot of the pictures kicked the bucket. Let me see if I still have the ones from this original post. I'll use an external image host instead of the one on this site this time.

sunman
Patron Deities: Dionysus

I like it! Simple and to the point. I always had a problem with building elaborate altars and making them to complicated.
Chrysopaelian

sunman wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:40 am
I like it! Simple and to the point. I always had a problem with building elaborate altars and making them to complicated.
At the time I didn't have much money, so I used what I had. I'm still that way, for the most part. I like to upcycle things and do a lot of crafts. I also have a spot outside that I use as my All-purpose altar, and it's really nothing but a stack of firewood and a broken cinder-block, but it's good to me!

Return to “Magickal Tools”