Natural Incense?

Magical tools that we use in our workings
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Greetings All!

I wasn't totally sure where to put this post so I thought this might be a good place to start. If this should go somewhere else just let me know.

I have extreme chemical sensitivities and cannot be around synthetic fragrances. Synthetic fragrances give me headaches and nausea and a bunch of other unpleasant things like that.

Incense that's made from natural sources doesn't bother me at all.

It can be hard to be totally certain what is in your incense unless you are burning pure resins or something like that.

For daily use stick incense is a lot more convenient than lighting a charcoal and burning resin.

Does anyone have a source for natural synthetic free stick incense that they like?

I use Morningstar Japanese incense as some of their varieties don't bother me. I tried a few new fragrances from that brand that I thought some of the Dark Lords would like but unfortunately the new varieties that I chose definitely have synthetics in them and I can't have them in my space.

The ones that work for me well from Morningstar are sandalwood frankincense and myrrh. As far as I can tell those seem to be from natural sources.

They unfortunately use synthetics in their musk, lotus, and Amber that I can tell so far.

If anyone has recommendations of natural incense that they love I would be very grateful.

Thank you!!
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

So, I have allergies and burning incense, and some scented candles too, can really make my day miserable. I have started using a "cold diffuser." Basically, it's like a humidifier only instead of heating the water, it uses sonic vibration to disperse the water. I use therapeutic grade essential oils, and because I can control how much oil ends up in the air using droppers, while I have sometimes had reactions because a scent was too much, I found that diluting fixed the issue, as did using less drops the next time around. The additional benefit of cold diffusion is that you can turn it off when you're done. I've found that stubbing out incense feels wrong to me, but also doing so can impact the burnability and the scent next time you light it.

Hope this helps. :)
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm
So, I have allergies and burning incense, and some scented candles too, can really make my day miserable. I have started using a "cold diffuser." Basically, it's like a humidifier only instead of heating the water, it uses sonic vibration to disperse the water. I use therapeutic grade essential oils, and because I can control how much oil ends up in the air using droppers, while I have sometimes had reactions because a scent was too much, I found that diluting fixed the issue, as did using less drops the next time around. The additional benefit of cold diffusion is that you can turn it off when you're done. I've found that stubbing out incense feels wrong to me, but also doing so can impact the burnability and the scent next time you light it.

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you! I do have an ultrasonic diffuser which I love. I am gearing up to make some blends of essential oils for each of the Dark Lords I work with.

in the meantime I started doing some research on incense brands that don't use synthetics. there are definitely some around but the majority of them sound completely unappealing to me or are insanely expensive.

So now I am learning how to make my own incense! Seems pretty easy so it's time to start doing some experiments.

:devilfre:

Return to “Magickal Tools”