Allergic to Reiki???

White arts and healing spells and rituals
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Have you ever run into someone who was allergic to reiki? Are YOU allergic to reiki?

I've run across three people in my life who had problems when exposed to reiki healing energies. One of them was... a mite bit unstable. The other two were so briefly a part of my experience that I honestly have no idea if there was anything to it.

All of them claimed to have experienced flu-like symptoms after having a reiki healing sesson done for them. All of them also claimed that if someone did reiki on them without their knowlege, they would have the same symptoms.

I was not able to verify any of their claims - but I thought it would make an interesting topic.

Are people who are allergic to reiki just so flawed and in denial that they react to the light being shined on their issues? Do they have just such a dark, low vibration that reiki is somehow inimical to their very energy? Are people who say or think they're allergic to reiki really allergic, or is it just in their heads, part of the story they tell about how big and bad they are, that even reiki can't touch them?

What do you think?

(Please note that if you actually ARE allergic to reiki, the philosophical questions I posted here are not meant as an insult.. I truly do want to better understand this issue.)
Telomar - do you have reiki allergic people on S&S?

Me - Probably? I don't know. It does seem to happen more in the LHP communities than it does in the regular metaphysical communities - but I can't remember anyone specifically saying they had the issue.

Telomar - ive met two reiki allergic people, and one was in passing and im not convinced she was actually allergic to reiki and the other was Maythen and i think Maythen wasnt allergic to reiki so much as that she had built so much of her self on lies and darkness and reiki shined light on the idea of that

Me - That's entirely possible.

Telomar - and that having that light shined was inimical to her continued existence and perilous psychological balance
and thus she was "allergic"

Me - I never quite understood how anyone could be allergic to reiki, but I have run into a couple.

Telomar - given that the idea of it is more common in LHP concentrated places, i would not be surprised if other people have a similar situation

Me - I know that Maythen did have a physical reaction... she literally got nauseous and had headaches and body aches - flu like symptoms... and the other two people I've met described the same issue.

Telomar - i had physical reactions to a demon talking to me
the vibrations were that different
if me being too high causes issues, wouldnt too low also cause issues when exposed to a sufficiently high vibration?
i never did any super bright high energy things with Maythen
i dunno
id be interested in meeting a person allergic to reiki that is also not insane and or off the end end into dark things

this whole mercury retrograde in leo has me all fired up in communication
im saying what i think even if ive only half though it and i give no ****s

Me - They are very different vibrations, which is why it always made sense to me that more LHP practitioners would be allergic to reiki. But... I also notice that more LHP practitioners are allergic to bullshit and there's this thing you and I both have noticed in the "love and light" community where there's this complete disconnect from reality and the assumption that reiki can and will do anything if you just wave your hands at it.
I've seen those kinds of people use reiki and actually do harm, and you have too... so I'm sure some of the "allergy" is actually psychosomatic self-protection.

Telomar - id also be curious to know like
if theres people in the LHP traditions that say theyre allergic to reiki because they think darkness is cool and thus they should be intolerant of light
but those are parts of the LHP that you tend to not like either so you might not know

Me - Yeah, I prefer people who aren't "lifestylers," but who actually live the path. lol
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

Do you remember, I had a healing session done by you a few years ago, and you said that I was or would become allergic to reiki? The theory was, my being a Trickster, being so flexible and bendy would have a bad reaction because reiki is very not-bendy.

I have not had any reiki done, though, so I can't say whether I am or not. But ya know I'll try anything once. :P
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Interestingly enough while i myself am not allergic to reiki, i have heard of people who are and they say it is due to having and eldritch energy signature. I have also heard that beings with void energy signatures are also incompatible with reiki and that void energy in and of itself is incompatible with reiki. One of these people, due to having and eldritch energy signature is trying to find another source to use for reiki instead of the common source that reiki comes from- if that makes sense. I find this interesting as i also have a partial void energy alignment and am also a reiki practitioner, which means that while i can do reiki well enough, i want to access my void energy but i can't seem to get very far with it. I have discussed with my companions how i could swap the reiki source but we are still trying to work out a safe source to use, that won't harm people i am working with and won't block the void energy.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Heretique wrote:Interestingly enough while i myself am not allergic to reiki, i have heard of people who are and they say it is due to having and eldritch energy signature. I have also heard that beings with void energy signatures are also incompatible with reiki and that void energy in and of itself is incompatible with reiki. One of these people, due to having and eldritch energy signature is trying to find another source to use for reiki instead of the common source that reiki comes from- if that makes sense. I find this interesting as i also have a partial void energy alignment and am also a reiki practitioner, which means that while i can do reiki well enough, i want to access my void energy but i can't seem to get very far with it. I have discussed with my companions how i could swap the reiki source but we are still trying to work out a safe source to use, that won't harm people i am working with and won't block the void energy.
Probably depends on the type of void. Per definition the void should be compatible with everything. I mean it's literally made to contain everything.
Maybe it's incompatible in the way that it just absorbs it all? It shouldn't cause any real problems though, unless it would really be a specific type of void.

I'm wondering about the eldritch energy part. Are they too alien to be compatible to the reiki energy humans use?
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

I interpret void as the space between and behind everything, it is literally a blank slate- kind of like a canvas that all the paint has been stripped off ( i'm paraphrasing form sordehnt's tumblr blog- its a really good explanation of these types of energies)- the canvas is void and just is it doesn't need to create or grow its already there, but reiki energy is like life energy which seeks to perpetuate itself. so there can be an odd reaction with void can smother the life energy or the life energy can run rampant in the void system- its not that they can't work together just that they are opposed. Also void energy isn't earthen and i think Reiki is pretty much is earthen, so sometimes they doen't mesh very well.

As for eldritch energy it tends to eat everything and is like sentient void so i would say that it can definitely a problem with it being too alien.
Aprophis

Heretique wrote: so there can be an odd reaction with void can smother the life energy or the life energy can run rampant in the void system- its not that they can't work together just that they are opposed. Also void energy isn't earthen and i think Reiki is pretty much is earthen, so sometimes they doen't mesh very well.
So in my definition the void is basically everything in potential, unrealised. While reiki is basically a realised energy, as in actually made 'real'.
From that understanding I'd have to say I wouldn't be surprised if reiki would try to fill the void and the void just nullifies it, as it's not as much opposed as it is counterweight. So there shouldn't be a conflict but more like everything just being neutralised and becoming inert.

And it would depend on what kind of void. I'm sure there's a fitting 'earthen' void. I mean there's a dark void, there's a light void, a black void, a white void and probably many more kinds of void or voidal energies. As in, the counter-energy. Again, nothing that's opposed and conflicting but rather a neutralising, balancing force. So everything turns out into zero. Also the light void is kind of irritating. It blinds you but it's blinding nothing as in looking into a sun that isn't there.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
User1265455

I'm looking at this discussion of void and eldritch energies and how Reiki reacts with them, and I'm thinking that the system that Telomar and I are working to evolve, Wuji Reiki, would probably solve all the issues that were brought up.

Because it balances Reiki by including its shadow, because it pretty much balances EVERY type of energy, I'm guessing that the issues with Eldritch would vanish, and the issues with Void either swallowing whole or multiplying Reiki would also disappear - simply because the Reiki would be balanced, and the Wuji has a natural desire to also balance within a person's natural energy - so Reiki becomes both the opposite of the problem, and the solution at the same time, bringing a person into balance with themselves AND with Reiki.

It's... fascinating and now I want to find a person with Eldritch and several people with different types of voidal energies and try it out on them and see what happens. :D
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Darth Moronius

maybe adapt to reiki have that effect?
i heared from friend, story that people have reaction from reiki, they get scare and it become worse. then they go to mosqu or church to excorcise the reiki. then the priest spread reiki is evil and so on.
so may be background biase have effect it too? :shiftydevil:
Aprophis

Nyctophilia Raven wrote: It's... fascinating and now I want to find a person with Eldritch and several people with different types of voidal energies and try it out on them and see what happens. :D
Happy guinea pig hunting :P
I do work with those energies, especially the voidal ones. They're pretty interesting.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
User1265455

Darth Moronius wrote:maybe adapt to reiki have that effect?
i heared from friend, story that people have reaction from reiki, they get scare and it become worse. then they go to mosqu or church to excorcise the reiki. then the priest spread reiki is evil and so on.
so may be background biase have effect it too? :shiftydevil:
It's cool that you brought this up - I'm actually having a discussion on a Discord channel about how psychological programming can affect people working with energies and entities - and how much psychology actually affects working with different energetic modalities.

My personal opinion is that magick is done with the mind, primarily - and I include any kind of energy work under the umbrella of magick. Because magickal effects in the world are structured to occur using the mind, your perspectives, your outlooks, and your expectations play a HUGE part in how that energy will ultimately be expressed and affect you and the world around you...

Which essentially means that yes, bias absolutely can affect how people will react to reiki. 100%

Return to “White and Healing Magick”