Does solar magic have a dark side.

Spells and Rituals that are on the darker side of the spectrum.
Mellowsloth29
Patron Deities: Astaroth
Your favourite Demon?: Still deciding
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Hey everyone. I was doing a lot of reading on dark magic and wondered if there was a dark side of solar magic. I know it's used for a lot of healing and protecting etc. I know there's a darker side to fire. If you know anything or have any experiences.
Darth Moronius

solar eclypse
black sun
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

As Darth alluded to, the Black Sun is of note here.. Otherwise known as Sol Niger, it's root is considered alchemical in nature. The Black Sun is in essence a caustic, cleansing force of dissolution. So it is destructive in nature, aligned with mysteries of death which are directly tied to immortality and rebirth or transformation via flame.
I have spent a portion of my path working exclusively with the duality between sun/black sun, moon/dark moon and can say, on it goes through the planetary bodies and elements. There is a duality and complexity to all.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Mellowsloth29

Darth Moronius wrote:solar eclypse
black sun
Thanks I've been looking into the black sun ever since I had the dream. It's so powerful.
Mellowsloth29

Noctifera wrote:As Darth alluded to, the Black Sun is of note here.. Otherwise known as Sol Niger, it's root is considered alchemical in nature. The Black Sun is in essence a caustic, cleansing force of dissolution. So it is destructive in nature, aligned with mysteries of death which are directly tied to immortality and rebirth or transformation via flame.
I have spent a portion of my path working exclusively with the duality between sun/black sun, moon/dark moon and can say, on it goes through the planetary bodies and elements. There is a duality and complexity to all.

Ya I'm excited to learn more about this. I'm just waiting for my solar demon to come and pass knowledge with him.
Heidi

Yep, most definitely. There are devastating solar curses, spirits of the sun that can cause massive destruction etc.

Just think of the sun itself as a physical body. What happens when something goes too close to the sun. How harsh the conditions are on planets that are closer to the sun than earth is. Even what happens on earth when it's too hot and sunny.
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Also the reality of what the sun is for those of us in a desert climate. In Middle Eastern cosmologies it tends to presented as a force of death and destruction far more than a nurturing giver of life. Solar healing is more a product of Northern climates.
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

There is in fact an idea in Hebrew mythology that the most devastatingly destructive demons walk at high noon.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias

Noctifera wrote:As Darth alluded to, the Black Sun is of note here.. Otherwise known as Sol Niger, it's root is considered alchemical in nature. The Black Sun is in essence a caustic, cleansing force of dissolution. So it is destructive in nature, aligned with mysteries of death which are directly tied to immortality and rebirth or transformation via flame.

My deepest gratitude to you, Nocifera. That is the most concise explanation of the Black Sun I have seen since I posted my Black Sun dream and asked for some clarity on it.

It seemed that many had a hard time grasping how I could "see" the Black Sun, it being black and all. It neither generated nor reflected light, but I could see it in great detail nonetheless. True "black light". It was a vision within a dream, which is the "usual" way I receive visions. And I have no doubts at all that it was a vision of the Black Sun. Not a dream detail. With a vision, I never forget the smallest detail, even if the rest of dream falls away.

I still recall very clearly the first vision I had when I was a small child, 5 or 6 years old. Now, as to why I received a vision of the Black Sun, I have yet to figure out. I had it last January because that was the time I needed to have it. If my "waking self" can't make heads nor tails of it, so what? The meaning of a vision I had in the early 80's did not become clear to me until a few weeks ago. It didn't matter that my Waking Self didn't understand it. What was important was that I never completely forgot about it. No one receives an "accidental" vision at the "wrong" time.

As to whether a dream a person had was just a dream, or a vision, they'll know.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Dark/Shadow Magick”