Goatman's Bridge

The place to post about unsolved world mysteries, and places that are haunted or have a history of strange events.
Lavender

Has anybody heard of or visited Goatman's Bridge(Old Alton Bridge) in Denton County in Texas?

I live about 30-40 mins away from it, but I'm not sure I want to go there and wind up hanging out with any cottonmouths, rattlesnakes or copperheads.
Alexandrine
Patron Deities: Hellenic
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral, Divinity, Abyssal

Lavender wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:38 am
Has anybody heard of or visited Goatman's Bridge(Old Alton Bridge) in Denton County in Texas?

I live about 30-40 mins away from it, but I'm not sure I want to go there and wind up hanging out with any cottonmouths, rattlesnakes or copperheads.
I've heard of it. It's more of an urban legend thing than a legit haunting, though it is possible that people have attached their own tulpas and such to it over time. If you have a "zombie road" nearby or something similar, you could go there instead for a similar effect and skip the snakes.

If you do want to go, go in the colder months when the rattles and such will be hibernating. They're most active right now.
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

A little background on the story:
https://allthatsinteresting.com/goatmans-bridge
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Lavender

Dragonoake wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:25 pm
A little background on the story:
https://allthatsinteresting.com/goatmans-bridge
Thanks!
I checked Google and it has 709 reviews with a 4.4 star rating. Lol.
Looks like it's a historic landmark now with well worn walking paths. It also looks like people have decided to graffiti the area.
Lavender

Valerian wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:26 am
Lavender wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:38 am

I've heard of it. It's more of an urban legend thing than a legit haunting, though it is possible that people have attached their own tulpas and such to it over time. If you have a "zombie road" nearby or something similar, you could go there instead for a similar effect and skip the snakes.

If you do want to go, go in the colder months when the rattles and such will be hibernating. They're most active right now.
It does sound like an urban legend. I checked out the Google reviews and photos, looks like a fun place to take your dog during the winter months when the snakes are hibernating.
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I legit just choked before going into a long bout of laughter. I know it was meant to be serious... but when you've watched Buzzfeed Unsolved... you will understand my laughter.

(Potentially offensive, insulting material in the video by the way of being stupid and joking)

I can't breathe.. But honestly? I'd still like to visit and think you should do so and then let us know how it goes.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Lavender

ysabeau wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:15 pm
I legit just choked before going into a long bout of laughter. I know it was meant to be serious... but when you've watched Buzzfeed Unsolved... you will understand my laughter.

(Potentially offensive, insulting material in the video by the way of being stupid and joking)

I can't breathe.. But honestly? I'd still like to visit and think you should do so and then let us know how it goes.
Those two always crack me up :devilclap:

"Hey there demons, it's me, ya boy"
ysabeau

Lavender wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 am
ysabeau wrote:

Fuck you goatman! This is my bridge now!
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Lavender

ysabeau wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:37 pm
Lavender wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 am
ysabeau wrote:

Fuck you goatman! This is my bridge now!
Shane : Look at the way I dance on it. I disrespect your bridge, Goatman. Me and Ryan Bergara own your Bridge!

Ryan: No, don't loop me into your shit!
ysabeau

I've spent the last couple days wheezing of laughter over this thread.

Return to “Haunted Objects, Places, and Unsolved Mysteries”