Louisiana: The Myrtles Plantation

The place to post about unsolved world mysteries, and places that are haunted or have a history of strange events.
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

The Myrtles Plantation is a place surrounded by grief, revenge, & injustice. This is quite frankly
not one of Louisiana's most famous cites but also one of the nation's. This place is haunted by a number of spirits, ten of them at the least. This post will be the first of three chain posts that'll take you through the haunted cites of Louisiana and their dark, mysterious, & twisted back stories. Enjoy.

The Backstory.

The backstory of this lovely location goes a little like this. There was once a household slave girl by the name of Chloe. She was tired of giving into the sexual demands of the owners of the house and eventually they grew tired of her. Fearful of working in the fields she began eavesdropping on the private conversations and eventually she was caught. To punish her they cut off one of her ears to put her in her place. What happens next is unclear some say she was planning to poison a birthday cake with a small amount of poison so she could tend to the kids and show her master that she was still useful and wouldn't be sent to the fields. Other say she wanted revenge... She crushed oleander and put it into the sugar and flour of the cake and served it to two children. If she was going with the first plan people believed she put too much on accident and therefore killing the children within a matter of hours. The other slaves being fearful of being punished by the master for this act dragged her from her room and then strung her up in a tree in the yard, however they also say she was hung from a chandelier. This however was just a legend. One factual case of murder was the homicide of a man named William Winter. He was supposedly shot by a stranger and he ran to the plantation after being shot. As he crawled up the stairs of the Myrtles he died. The 17nth step was where his crawl ended.

The Ghosts.

There is said to be ten to twelve spirits in which who call the Myrtles home. Four of them supposedly being William Winters, Chloe, & the two children in which she murdered. As for the other six, they say have no names. Two of those six are the ghost of the mirror and the ghost girl of the Myrtles. No one knows the identity of the ghost girl but she has been captured on cameras and therefore proving her presence in the Myrtles. The mirror however is simply a mirror that will sometimes display a hand print for some odd reason. Apart from that there are still four more ghosts uncovered, however in order to discovery who they are you'll have to go to the Myrtles and meet them yourselves. ;)

The Myrtles Today.

Nowadays the Myrtles was turned into a bed &a breakfast where many strange things have occurred. They offer tours as well as a chance to sleep in some of the rooms, they say most people who stay at the Myrtles don't stay throughout the night. They are found running from the house screaming in the terror. Some employees who work at the Myrtles may tell you many different ghost stories or experiences they had or have heard so please do ask around if you wish to visit.

The Myrtles Plantation, home of at least ten ghosts and holder of many stories. It's walled are seeped with betrayal, revenge, & murder. If you ever plan to visit do pay attention to what you pick up over there. For all we know it might be so haunted because the spirits are trying to tell us something... I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I'll see you in the next post.
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Catamite wrote:The Myrtles Plantation is a place surrounded by grief, revenge, & injustice. This is quite frankly
not one of Louisiana's most famous cites but also one of the nation's. This place is haunted by a number of spirits, ten of them at the least. This post will be the first of three chain posts that'll take you through the haunted cites of Louisiana and their dark, mysterious, & twisted back stories. Enjoy.

The Backstory.

The backstory of this lovely location goes a little like this. There was once a household slave girl by the name of Chloe. She was tired of giving into the sexual demands of the owners of the house and eventually they grew tired of her. Fearful of working in the fields she began eavesdropping on the private conversations and eventually she was caught. To punish her they cut off one of her ears to put her in her place. What happens next is unclear some say she was planning to poison a birthday cake with a small amount of poison so she could tend to the kids and show her master that she was still useful and wouldn't be sent to the fields. Other say she wanted revenge... She crushed oleander and put it into the sugar and flour of the cake and served it to two children. If she was going with the first plan people believed she put too much on accident and therefore killing the children within a matter of hours. The other slaves being fearful of being punished by the master for this act dragged her from her room and then strung her up in a tree in the yard, however they also say she was hung from a chandelier. This however was just a legend. One factual case of murder was the homicide of a man named William Winter. He was supposedly shot by a stranger and he ran to the plantation after being shot. As he crawled up the stairs of the Myrtles he died. The 17nth step was where his crawl ended.

The Ghosts.

There is said to be ten to twelve spirits in which who call the Myrtles home. Four of them supposedly being William Winters, Chloe, & the two children in which she murdered. As for the other six, they say have no names. Two of those six are the ghost of the mirror and the ghost girl of the Myrtles. No one knows the identity of the ghost girl but she has been captured on cameras and therefore proving her presence in the Myrtles. The mirror however is simply a mirror that will sometimes display a hand print for some odd reason. Apart from that there are still four more ghosts uncovered, however in order to discovery who they are you'll have to go to the Myrtles and meet them yourselves. ;)

The Myrtles Today.

Nowadays the Myrtles was turned into a bed &a breakfast where many strange things have occurred. They offer tours as well as a chance to sleep in some of the rooms, they say most people who stay at the Myrtles don't stay throughout the night. They are found running from the house screaming in the terror. Some employees who work at the Myrtles may tell you many different ghost stories or experiences they had or have heard so please do ask around if you wish to visit.

The Myrtles Plantation, home of at least ten ghosts and holder of many stories. It's walled are seeped with betrayal, revenge, & murder. If you ever plan to visit do pay attention to what you pick up over there. For all we know it might be so haunted because the spirits are trying to tell us something... I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I'll see you in the next post.
' Thanks for Sharing I have heard of The Myrtles Plantation a lot of Evil went on in that place its Said to be one of .The Most Haunted bed and Breakfast in the USA ' I do believe its Many Spirits there that are anger because of how they Were Killed in that Plantation ' They Don't Really like Visitors and Want them Gone from'' The Plantation So with that kind of Negative energy in a place your not Going to find Many people that will Stay throughout the Night '' Its Kind of Hard to Spend the Night in a Room are in any place for that Matter with a Presence that Don't want you there and it's trying to hurt You ' I Wouldn't Stay :twisted:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !

Return to “Haunted Objects, Places, and Unsolved Mysteries”