Louisiana: LaLaurie Mansion

The place to post about unsolved world mysteries, and places that are haunted or have a history of strange events.
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

LaLaurie Mansion holds many dark and twisted secrets... it is spiritually inhabitants are all victims of horrible crimes. The story behind this place if disturbing and quite frankly the most inhumane thing I think I may have ever heard... Be prepared for this backstory...

The Backstory.

LaLaurie Mansion's backstory starts with a woman by the name of Delphine LaLaurie. The mistress of this mansion was seen as a common woman in New Orleans in the eyes of the public, but to her household servants she was seen as the Devil. Overtime her slaves began disappearing... people who have visited this mansion would notice noises from the attic and many other mysterious things... one incident to shock you is when she chased a slave girl with a whip off of a balcony of the mansion. The slave girl jumped to her death... This however was not the worst of the things to occur in LaLaurie Mansion. A fire was started within the house and people came to put it out... when they entered the house and put out the fire they discovered the cause was the oven catching fire.. The disturbing part was the discovery of a slave girl chained to that oven... While investigating the house the men went up to the attic and what they found was terrifying. There in that attic was slave men and woman in cages, or in chains. Some still alive and contorted, guts strung up from the ceiling or on the floor left there to rot. Men and woman chained to the walls with horrible wounds. The people horrified of this ended up chasing Delphine from her own home. By law she could not be punished for the slaves were her property but all the same she fled the scene...

The Ghosts

All spirits present within LaLaurie Mansion are presumed to be victims of Delphine's horrible inhumane acts... Many occurrences happen within the mansion today such as strange noises and voices. Others hear loud slams or stomps and some even hear small silent cries.. this haunted house is full of the energy of the tortured...

Current Day

Today LaLaurie Mansion is actually owned by famous actor Nicholas Cage. Many ghost tours have taken place within LaLaurie Mansion. People seem to love the history of this place as well as the paranormal... however as in to why people would want to purchase such a place other than business I'll never know...

If I'm being honest with y'all there really isn't not much to say about LaLaurie Mansion other than the backstory and the horrid things that have occurred there.. If you wish to take a tour or visit for yourself feel free to look up and ghost tours or haunted tours to sign up for or see if you can sneak in to take a look for yourself if you're feeling on the wild side... I don't actually advise this so I won't give you the address but you can still look up online. This is the final post out of three Louisiana haunted location posts in which I've been making. I hope you've enjoyed ^^
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."
Marosey

I must visit all of what Louisiana has to offer.

Very interesting read :popcorndevil:
Catamite
Patron Deities: That’s a Secret
Your favourite Demon?: Dunno yet

Marosey wrote:I must visit all of what Louisiana has to offer.

Very interesting read :popcorndevil:
I really hope you do. Louisiana has many different tourist sites as well as many stories to hear from the natives... Myrtle Plantation is an excellent place to spend a night if you want to really commune with spirits and if you want to get some type of help done feel free to go to Ms. Laveau's tomb... As in for if you just wish to try to feel certain vibes from certain places head to LaLaurie mansion and just try to connect with the torutured spirits that reside there... there are many different places you can investigate and visit... I advise you to take the opportunity whenever it may be presented and just head there and reach out to the spirits you find before you :D plus! The food here is amazing and there's tons of places to entertain yourself ^^
Fe Yo We. "Make Them See."

Return to “Haunted Objects, Places, and Unsolved Mysteries”