interesting article on tantra

Discussions of Energy Work and Alternate Health Practises. ***Not a Substitute for Medical Advice or Medicine!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I thought I would share this, in case anyone was interested in pursuing tantric study with their demons.
http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-medi ... ut-tantra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Vixen

Intriguing share, Loka...

I agree with how western culture tends to warp and pervert most of the eastern spiritual practices in order to suit its own damaged motives and inclinations but at the same time I think sexuality within tantra should be acknowledged as an integral component... not just a biological mechanism, or a stepping stone to the beyond... for many sex, and where it takes us, is a vital dimension of that 'beyond'.

Sex is just a thing, it is not anything in and of itself. It is the method in which it is exercised that determines its purpose, its energy, its direction... so it can be spiritually directed just as much as it can be devoid of anything but carnal pleasures. It is not one or the other, earthly or spiritual, it is a multilayered unit of energy that is bound by the manner in which it is explored.

I understand that what he is referring to in this article seems to be directed towards those with damaged sexual needs, who need an escape or a release from the chaos of our society, unhealthily resorting to the extremes of what they term 'tantra' as a method to suit their perversions, but beyond this I disagree with his assertion that 'higher' chakra energies are any better than the lower chakras. It seems so natural for man to constantly resort to hierarchizing. There is no top or bottom... there only is, and to ignore the rest of the 'is' because it happens to rest in a frequency that you don't fully understand, or can't fully yield because of the power it offers, is to rob yourself of experiencing yet another facet of the divine. We must remember that one can become just as lost and damaged in the higher chakras as well... discipline is a necessity when it comes to any method of spiritual growth.

Everyone has their own path... let us explore freely and without labels..
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

*nod nod* Good point.
He gets so carried away with soap-boxing that there's no room for lower chakral work or balancing.
I think it's kind of an introductory article, since there's a note at the bottom about his ebook regarding further thoughts on tantra, kundalini, etc.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Actually very well written and said. We do live in a sexualized society, I dont' want to say over because I am not sure I fully believe we are over sexualized, we are just hyper aware of it now, and especially in these modern times.

I think the writer makes a great point between the two paths, which I am not viewing the same as spiritual paths (although they could be), I view them as traditional and less traditional. They are correct that the "left hand" path of tantra is all those things they describe, all the time? No, but enough to make it pretty stereotypical.

I used to watch Real Sex on HBO, sometimes there would be interesting stuff on it and there were two episodes on tantra, both were "left hand" interpretations and highly sexual. It was about loud groaning, grinding into the ground rhythmically to achieve this heightened state that was then shared physically with others. I have zero issue with sex, but this I couldn't even bring myself to fully get through, it is so distracting and takes away from the original message or energies being invoked.

This form of Wester Tantra is nothing like Eastern Tantra. It is interesting he even used "left hand" and "right hand" now that I think about it.

Great share Lok,

DD

Return to “Energy Work and Alternative Health Practises”