Moon Thoughts

Pagan, Druid and Ancient Witchcraft spells and workings can be discussed and posted here.
Shireside
Patron Deities: TBD
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

“I see the moon, and the moon sees me.”

It's something my mom used to say every so often when the moon was full and bright in the sky. I don't know where she picked it up from, and I know that she with her intensely devout Christian inner compass wouldn't mean anything by it, but the little phrase really stuck with me, and it always comes to mind when I meet eyes with the moon, especially when it's full.

The full moon of April is tonight. To my thinking, there's three nights of fullness per month, just like there's three nights of the dark moon, with the middle night being the lunar phase zenith of each, so to speak. Usually, I'd use this time for works of healing and health maintenance if I've got no other more specific project at hand, and considering the events ongoing right now, it seems like a pretty obvious choice.

I find power in the dew. Little droplets soaked in moonglow are more holy than a priest's little vial of stale water. Before the sun's up, I go out and cut a few branches of old growth wet with dew, and I use this to asperge the front door, the kitchen counters, the bed...wherever I feel a vulnerability trying to creep in. I keep the branches, and usually they feed fires for dark moon banishing rites two weeks later.

Anyone else have lunar traditions they don't mind sharing?
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

That sounds like a beautiful practice actually. For me every full moon I talk with King Belial, and for the three days of the new moon and three days of the full moon I go outside and draw in the energy. I also celebrate otsukimi, in autumn. Occasionally if I feel like I usually near full moons I will dance and sing for the moon as it has associations with a goddess I am connected to.
Mist
Patron Deities: Freyja, Fenrir

I work with a small group of spirits that tend to have monthly celebrations during the full moon period, so I spend time with them, recharging. <3
I threw myself to the wolves, only to learn of the tenderness of their howl, and the loyalty in their blood. ~Isra Al-Thibeh

Profile picture by LAS-T
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

As a child, I have always wondered why the moon is following me when I was in a car, the moon is watching us indeed. It even peeps through my blinds. What a peeping tom haha!

Other than celebrating Chinese New Year, I gaze at the full moon and soak up the moon's energies! It's quite ethereal, dreamy, and uplighting. The moonlight soothes me within, like the moon is gazing right through me. I mostly leave my crystals out.

I sometimes wonder if there are werewolves out there *cough*
Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

It's funny, that line almost always rings in my head too when I see the moon. I actually think it's from some lullaby or prayer my first step-mom would say with me growing up- but that's all I can really remember of it haha.

When the full moon comes around, there's a bunch of things I like to do from moon bathing, to lunar scrying. But mostly I just sit outside in silence while listening to some Vivaldi or some other classical music, anything soft and flowing. I process what I want, what I've done over the last month, and what's to come for the next month for me.

It's not much, but it's what I do to connect with the energy. To take time to connect with Selene.

There's always been a connection to the moon for me, something instinctual that I never could quite understand. It's kind of like a longing for Her embrace.
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Shireside
Patron Deities: TBD
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Oh I feeel that, Conium. There's something real primal and beautiful about the pull of the moon on folks. I feel it when I look at the moon, and I feel it when I stare out at the black ocean disappearing into the horizon on a lightless night. It just grabs me, makes me stare and feel things I can't describe. I expect it's what sirensong would be like.
Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Shireside wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:47 am
Oh I feeel that, Conium. There's something real primal and beautiful about the pull of the moon on folks. I feel it when I look at the moon, and I feel it when I stare out at the black ocean disappearing into the horizon on a lightless night. It just grabs me, makes me stare and feel things I can't describe. I expect it's what sirensong would be like.
Oh, it’s exactly what a siren song is like (i work with a few and may conjure them in the future haha)

The best way I can put it is: the moon pushes and pulls at the tides, so it would be safe to assume that is as humans would be pulled towards Her as well. She’s been the silent watcher of the world and our secrets, we can be our truest selves in Her presence.
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Return to “Natural/Neutral Magick”