Hecate

Discussions and Posts on the Gods and Goddess's that are not demons or Dark Lords but yet bless our lives.
alex6
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus,Satan,Paimon,Tahuti,Rosier,Astarte,,My demon companions commander b,incubus s and healer d
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Enn of Hecate :Anana Hecate Ayer At

Sigil of Hecate
Attachments
IMG_0389.PNG
IMG_0389.PNG (1.67 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
badboychun
Patron Deities: Hecate

I always work with Hecate, she is amazing. This is the sigil I m using as well <3
O lunae lumen
puer tuus fac me sicut renascentur
me duce tenebris sunt
i ita erit renatus
user1876
Patron Deities: Azazel Rosier
Your favourite Demon?: Azazel Satan Prince Mo Prince V Lucifer Mammon Belial Rosier Babael Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Thanks for The Share Alex6 . I Will be Working With Goddess Hecate Some time This Year :evil:
I Have Won Sinner Of The Month Five Times Now ' My Grandmother Always Said either Stand For Something are You Will Fall for Anything ' I am not Just Walking My path . I am Living it !
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

That's so cool that Hekate has her own demonic enn and sigil, could you please share the source as well? Thanks!
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
alex6
Your favourite Demon?: Asmodeus,Satan,Paimon,Tahuti,Rosier,Astarte,,My demon companions commander b,incubus s and healer d

Hecate the lady of the three kingdoms,earth ,sky and sea (Ουρανό, Θάλασσα και χθόνα)
For this she is given the epithets Ουρανία, Χθονία, Ενάλια

Εκάτη in its masculine form Έκατος (εκατήβολος) literary means he who's arrows reach afar and is used as an epithet for apollon as he is said to be among other the god of archery,he who misses no shot.Apollon who's arrow is always armed (αεί βάλλων) accepts only perfect shots and never misses .It can be hypothesed that the name Εκάτη implies the same.

Hecate is ussualy despicted in Greek αμφορείς (vases) as a women holding two torches and also in her triple goddess form at statues. She is as close and bound to Persefone as her mother Demeter nd is a goddess of the underworld also.Hecate energies can fell very different depending on your reason for invoking her so don't be startled by the huge differences in energy thinking something else came through as she has many forms.I get a very motherly feeling from her, like lady Unsere,she feels as strong independent woman at the same time.When invoked for necromantic workings it is when you feel her more darker aspect and grounding energies.She is a patient mother but do not make her angry ,you will regret it for sure.

HEKATE (Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy. She was the only child of the Titanes Perses and Asteria from whom she received her power over heaven, earth, and sea.

Hekate assisted Demeter in her search for Persephone, guiding her through the night with flaming torches. After the mother-daughter reunion became she Persephone's minister and companion in Haides.

Hecate is called by Euripides in his work Helen of Troy as φωσφορος (the light bringer)

In theogony of Hesiod it is said that she was the ruler of the world from the era of the titans before Zeus to control.She was the most honored goddess among all other gods by Zeus and no power was taken away from her.
Εν συνεχεία ο Ησίοδος μας πληροφορεί πως η θεά τιμήθηκε όσο κανείς άλλος από τον πατέρα των θεών και των ανθρώπων Δία – καθώς είχε πάρει το μέρος του – και έτσι διατήρησε τις εξουσίες που είχε και πριν την Τιτανομαχία. Απόσπασμα του Ησίοδου ( 411-452):
" Γέννησε και την Αστερία [ο Τιτάνας Κοίος από τη Φοίβη] με το ωραίο όνομα που κάποτε ο Πέρσης την οδήγησε στο μεγάλο παλάτι του να γίνει η αγαπημένη του σύντροφος. Κι αυτή έμεινε έγκυος και γέννησε την Εκάτη, που αυτήν πάνω απ' όλους τίμησε ο Ζευς, ο γιος του Κρόνου και της χάρισε λαμπρά δώρα να ορίζει απ' τη γη και απ' την ακένωτη θάλασσα.
Αλλά και στον γεμάτο αστέρια Ουρανό πήρε αξίωμα και τιμάται πιο πολύ απ' όλους τους αθάνατους θεούς. Γιατί και μέχρι τώρα όποιος άνθρωπος στη γη προσφέρει κατά τη συνήθεια, εξιλαστήρια θυσία προσκαλεί την Εκάτη. Κι εύκολα η θεά δείχνει την εύνοιά της σ' αυτόν που δέχτηκε την προσευχή του και του χαρίζει ευτυχία, γιατί έχει τη δύναμη.
Επειδή όσοι γεννήθηκαν απ' τη Γαία και τον Ουρανό κι έχουν κάποιο αξίωμα, σ' όλους αυτούς έχει μερδικό. Κι ούτε σε τίποτα ο γιος του Κρόνου την εξεβίασε, ούτε της στέρησε ό,τι της είχε λάχει μέσα στους πρωτύτερους θεούς τους Τιτάνες, αλλά κατέχει ότι απ' την αρχή ήταν το μερδικό της, μερίδιο στη γη, στον ουρανό και στη θάλασσα. Και δεν τιμήθηκε λιγότερο η θεά επειδή ήταν μοναχοπαίδι, αντίθετα πολύ περισσότερο γι' αυτό την τιμά ο Ζευς.
Αυτόν που θέλει τον βοηθά πολύ και τον ωφελεί.
Στις δίκες κάθεται πλάι στους σεβαστούς βασιλιάδες, και στις συνελεύσεις του λαού προβάλλει αυτόν που θέλει.
Κι όταν ζώνονται τ' άρματα οι άνδρες για τον φονικό πόλεμο, κι εκεί η θεά βοηθά όποιους θέλει και πρόθυμα δίνει τη νίκη και προσφέρει τη δόξα.
Κι είναι καλή όταν παραβγαίνουν άνδρες σε αγώνα κι εκεί τους βοηθά και τους ωφελεί.
Κι αυτός που θα νικήσει με ισχύ κι επιμονή, το ωραίο έπαθλο πρόθυμα και με χαρά παίρνει κάνοντας τους γονιούς του περήφανους.
Αλλά και μέσα στους ιππείς βοηθά όποιον θέλει.
Κι αυτούς που δουλεύουν στη γαλάζια ανεμοδαρμένη θάλασσα, και προσεύχονται στην Εκάτη και τον Γαιοσείστη (Ποσειδώνα), εύκολα η δοξασμένη θεά τους φέρνει μεγάλη ψαριά, αλλά κι εύκολα την εξαφανίζει, αν το θελήσει, κι ας φαίνεται δικιά τους (η ψαριά).
Κι είναι καλή στους στάβλους όπου πληθαίνει τα ζώα μαζί με τον Ερμή. Τα κοπάδια των γελαδιών, τα πλατιά κοπάδια των γιδιών και τα κοπάδια με τα πυκνόμαλλα αρνιά, αν θέλει τα λίγα τα αυξάνει και τα πολλά τα ελαττώνει.
Έτσι λοιπόν, αν η μάνα της την έκανε μοναχοπαίδι, ανάμεσα σ' όλους τους αθάνατους τιμάται μ' αξιώματα. Μα κι ο γιος του Κρόνου την όρισε τροφό των νέων, που μαζί της ανοίγουν τα μάτια τους στο φως της ολοφώτιστης Αυγής. Έτσι απ' την αρχή ήταν τροφός των νέων και είχε αυτές τις τιμές"

Also she bare Asteria of happy name, whom Perses once led to his great house to be called his dear wife. And she conceived and bare Hecate whom Zeus the son of Cronos honoured above all. He gave her splendid gifts, to have a share of the earth and the unfruitful sea. She received honour also in starry heaven, and is honoured exceedingly by the deathless gods. For to this day, whenever any one of men on earth offers rich sacrifices and prays for favour according to custom, he calls upon Hecate. Great honour comes full easily to him whose prayers the goddess receives favourably, and she bestows wealth upon him; for the power surely is with her. For as many as were born of Earth and Ocean amongst all these she has her due portion. The son of Cronos did her no wrong nor took anything away of all that was her portion among the former Titan gods: but she holds, as the division was at the first from the beginning, privilege both in earth, and in heaven, and in sea. Also, because she is an only child, the goddess receives not less honour, but much more still, for Zeus honours her. Whom she will she greatly aids and advances: she sits by worshipful kings in judgement, and in the assembly whom she will is distinguished among the people. And when men arm themselves for the battle that destroys men, then the goddess is at hand to give victory and grant glory readily to whom she will. Good is she also when men contend at the games, for there too the goddess is with them and profits them: and he who by might and strength gets the victory wins the rich prize easily with joy, and brings glory to his parents. And she is good to stand by horsemen, whom she will: and to those whose business is in the grey discomfortable sea, and who pray to Hecate and the loud-crashing Earth-Shaker, easily the glorious goddess gives great catch, and easily she takes it away as soon as seen, if so she will. She is good in the byre with Hermes to increase the stock. The droves of kine and wide herds of goats and flocks of fleecy sheep, if she will, she increases from a few, or makes many to be less. So, then. albeit her mother's only child (17), she is honoured amongst all the deathless gods. And the son of Cronos made her a nurse of the young who after that day saw with their eyes the light of all-seeing Dawn. So from the beginning she is a nurse of the young, and these are her honours.
In the English translation there are some parts missing
alex6

Coffee Queen wrote:That's so cool that Hekate has her own demonic enn and sigil, could you please share the source as well? Thanks!
They are from GenDem group private collection sigil and enns altar book but I think you can find them in S connoly books too
alex6

I think there are in key of ocat too.I will check
alex6

Another possible etymology of the name Εκάτη is that it comes from εκάτερος (each one takes two ,seperately) which in this case the goddess double bond with the world of the living and the world of the dead is being emphasized
alex6

Her sacred animal is the dog protector.Her sacred trees are taxus,the oak ,the hazel,the black poplar (whose bicolor leafs symbolizes again her double bond with the world of the living and the world of the dead) and the cypress.

Offerings to her are honey,garlic,her sacred plants daffodil and wolfsbane (she has also been associated with mandrake,dittany and belladonna but from her roman counterpart trivia not so much from Hecate her self), sacrifices of black bull (in Athens every New Year's Day ),female black sheep and black dog (at Thrace,Samothrace,Boeotia,Macedonia and Colophon in Ionia)

Her symbols are the twin torches,the hecatian crank,the key(which 'locks' the gates to dangers and 'unlocks' the gates to positive influences) and the dagger

She is associated with borders, city walls, doorways, crossroads

She is the mediator between the Olympian and the Titan deities and humans to divine beings and the dead

The Orphic hymn /invocation to Hecate
«ΕΙΝΟΔΙΑΝ ΕΚΑΤΗΝ ΚΛΗΪΖΩ, ΤΡΙΟΔΙΤΙΝ, ΕΡΑΝΝΗΝ, ΟΥΡΑΝΙΑΝ, ΧΘΟΝΙΑΝ ΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΕΙΝΑΛΙΑΝ, ΚΡΟΚΟΠΕΠΛΟΝ, ΤΥΜΒΙΔΙΑΝ, ΨΥΧΑΙΣ ΝΕΚΥΩΝ ΜΕΤΑ ΒΑΚΧΕΥΟΥΣΑΝ, ΠΕΡΣΕΙΑΝ, ΦΙΛΕΡΗΜΟΝ, ΑΓΑΛΛΟΜΕΝΗ ΕΛΑΦΟΙΣΙ, ΝΥΚΤΕΡΙΑΝ, ΣΚΥΛΑΚΙΤΙΝ, ΑΜΑΙΜΑΚΕΤΟΝ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΑΝ, ΘΗΡΟΒΡΟΜΟΝ, ΑΖΩΣΤΟΝ, ΑΠΡΟΣΜΑΧΟΝ ΕΙΔΟΣ ΕΧΟΥΣΑΝ, ΤΑΥΡΟΠΟΛΟΝ, ΠΑΝΤΟΣ ΚΟΣΜΟΥ ΚΛΗΪΔΟΥΧΟΝ ΑΝΑΣΣΑΝ, ΗΓΕΜΟΝΗΝ, ΝΥΜΦΗΝ, ΚΟΥΡΟΤΡΟΦΟΝ, ΟΥΡΕΣΙΦΟΙΤΙΝ, ΛΙΣΣΟΜΕΝΟΣ ΚΟΥΡΗΝ ΤΕΛΕΤΑΙΣ ΟΣΙΑΙΣΙ ΠΑΡΕΙΝΑΙ ΒΟΥΚΟΛΩι ΕΥΜΕΝΕΟΥΣΑΝ ΑΕΙ ΚΕΧΑΡΗΟΤΙ ΘΥΜΩι».

The epithets for invocation of Hecate
Άγγελος»(angel with the meaning of messenger ), «Αποτροπαία»(the literal translation is averting evil) (she who can prevent and protect), «Δαδούχος»(torch bearer), «Εινοδία» and «Ενοδία» ( on the way), «Ηγεμόνη»(sovereigness), «Θηρόβρομος»(heralded by the roar of wild beasts), «Κλειδούχος» (key bearer) and «Κληϊδούχος», «Κουροτρόφος»(nurse of children), «Κροκόπεπλος»(with yellow veil)
, «Λαμπαδηφόρος»(torch bearer), «Νυκτερία» (of the night) and «Νυκτιπόλος»(roaming, by night), «Φύλαξ»(guardian), «Πυλαία»(gate keeper) and «Προθυραία»(before the gates) (at the hymns of Proclus «To Hecate and Ianos»), «Σκυλακίτις» (accompanied by dogs) and «Σκυλακαγέτις»(leader of dogs)
, «Σώτειρα»(Saviour), «Ταυροπόλος»(She who's symbol is the bull), «Τριαύχενος» (three necked) and «Τρικέφαλος»(three headed), «Τριοδίτις» ( who frequents crossroads), «Υηξίχθων» (She who reaps apart the earth), «Φιλέρημος» (fond of solitude) and «Ουρεσιφοίτις»(she who lives on the mountains meaning being lonely as are few the spiritually evolved) «Φωσφόρος» (the bringer of light ), «Χθονία»(of the earth/underworld),Πρόπολος(she who serves/attends),Τρίμορφη (three-formed),
alex6

S&S ladies could you please edit this post as a whole and add your own informations too if you want?

Return to “Gods and Goddesses”