The Morrighan

Discussions and Posts on the Gods and Goddess's that are not demons or Dark Lords but yet bless our lives.
Ymirson
Patron Deities: Sutehk
Your favourite Demon?: DC L'
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

I had an odd occurrence recently. I was seeking to have one of my pieces touched by an Immortal. My piece Hades Fork. I prepared a rite and offered it in kind. He came and I felt he was gracious in accepting of it and enjoyed the raw primal nature of it. I was shocked as it was not polished by any means. Anyway, the days that followed I meditated on Hades, the realm and God, then felt directed to work with Hekate, whom I have worked with in the past.

So my next meditation I seated, breathed, then called to the triple Goddess of the Crossroads, Hekate, then in an instant, I was immediately and most abrubtly, re-directed. "No, you mean The Morrighan", as plain as could be. I never felt something so sudden and instant just out of the blue.

I had never worked with The Morrighan before. When I initially started on my journey I was dating a wiccan girl in the early 90's who was working the Celtic pantheon as she was Irish as well. I tasted the Celtic works in the past, but felt averse as I did not want to seem too cliche at the time. I was young. It came around a few times and each time I would push it off, again, and again. Never once considering The Morrighan. Then a couple months ago my mom asked me to do one of those DNA ancestry kits for her and she is mostly Irish and a bit of English.

Anyway, has anyone had any experiences with her they would care to share? I hear she is a tough teacher, but I am used to that with Set, but he is patient and as a taskmaster will make me circumvent a town to reach a goal that is right across the street. I get the sense that The Morrighan is more in your face. I feel she may be the key in connecting to my human blood ancestors as well.

So I would welcome your experiences. We'll see how this goes.
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

From my work with her, I would have to say she is very capable of being in your face. However, she can also be very motherly and "don't know down to earth" so to speak. I feel she definitely has that warrior complex but also a very strong feminine divinity. In essence, I would say she is capable of being whatever she feels she needs to be to get through and most likely approaches all people differently. Tough teacher, I would say its more in the sense she can help with difficult areas in our lives. Like she's very capable of helping someone with difficult work they may need to go through. The difficulty of the work being combined with her nature of help can be very tough at times. Unless, you meant tough in another way?

These are the two places I look to for altar material for her

https://www.goddessgift.net/page119.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sacredsource.com/all-Celtic- ... roducts/4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope something helps :)

First experience I had with her was rather similar to yours but I was just out of high school. I had started trying to learn to astral project(going on 4 years now -_-). I handed ended up falling asleep instead of astral projecting -_- I ended having som strange dream about being on a cabin near the beach, everything was brightly colored and I was with a women in the cabin. I started to hear a womens voice in my head in the dream which kind of forced me aware that I was dreaming. I got the message that I needed to leave the cabin and look for the mysterious woman. So, after leaving the cabin and running outside, I found a highway that ended over the beach and over the water(it just abruptly cut off, just past the shoreline) directly to the left of the cabin. I got caught up starring at this incredible highway which had people and cars on it who just seemed to vanish when they got to the end of the freeway. After a little bit of marvel, I heard the women's voice again and turned to find down the the freeway walking away from the beach. Dark colored hair(kind of raven-excuse the pun. She had a white dress and was turned my direction. Almost immediately after locking eyes with the dream broke an I woke up. I did not know who the woman was for a long time. Actually encounters later on, I had been rather convinced she was someone else, due to her dark energy mixed with her somewhat lighter temperament (not always lighter). So, that was my first-er second experience with her. So, again not sure it helps but I hope it may.

oooo, you could make something for her. You metalwork is exquisite, I would surmise she would appreciate it!

Best of luck to you! :D
Ymirson

Thank you Christian for your post. I really appreciate it. I have been reading, meditating, and doing readings on her aspects and purpose. Also I actually am working on a metal work design to offer her. Maybe knot work with metal is the sense I am getting. I'll have to share when I do it and it quits snowing/raining here.

I have a chessboard I made when I was young in a shop class. I gave it to my father and when he passed, that was the only item I wanted back. I use it now as an altar and readings tied with my ancestors, it could be representative of a gwyddbwyll board tied to the land. As in the Authurian Tarot Hallowquest. Which is a cool idea. It seems to help in my connection with The Morrighan too.
Ymirson

Also, thanks for the links, I'll check them out as well.
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

:) Happy to be of assistance :) Oh, I look forward to seeing it!

Return to “Gods and Goddesses”