I've Become a Foster Momma *-*

Share jokes, positive and heart-warming stories here!
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Oh my!!! So beautiful !! :devillove:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Amaranth Rose

Funny story today: I played the Shelter song again while drawing and lo and behold, a few hours later, ANOTHER kitty has stopped by my house and meowed for food and to come in. Ahhhh!!! Is it like milkshakes to boys? Yeesh bringing all the kitties to my yard :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4YutyVP7ig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I gave the kitty some food I have for Little Potato and fresh water but after eating they really wanted to come inside >.< They tried to slip by me a couple times but I scooped them back up and put them outside... they were really friendly as well so it made me sad to turn them away... hopefully he/she realizes I made a little shelter next to the house so they can use it... It's not very good but it's something!

Maybe after Little Potato's two weeks are up, and that kitty is still around, I can take them in... Hmm....
Maybe I've become more of a cat hostel now LOL
H_Wright

Hahaha, you are in so much trouble when you get to be my age. I NEVER asked for 5 cats!!!! They just seem to find me!! At my old house it was pit bulls. They just showed up out of nowhere. Now it is cats. I want to put a couple or 3 up for adoption but I just don't have it in me. They think they are mine and the one that I always said I was going to try to adopt out once I got her socialized is bonded with my dog. Sigh
Amaranth Rose

H_Wright wrote:Hahaha, you are in so much trouble when you get to be my age. I NEVER asked for 5 cats!!!! They just seem to find me!! At my old house it was pit bulls. They just showed up out of nowhere. Now it is cats. I want to put a couple or 3 up for adoption but I just don't have it in me. They think they are mine and the one that I always said I was going to try to adopt out once I got her socialized is bonded with my dog. Sigh
Yes, I'll have to put my foot down about how many pets I take in later ahahaha!! I've decided I want 2 dogs and 1 cat in a few years but I wouldn't complain if I have more... ;)
Hey, more animals the better, H Wright!! :devillove:
H_Wright

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:
H_Wright wrote:Hahaha, you are in so much trouble when you get to be my age. I NEVER asked for 5 cats!!!! They just seem to find me!! At my old house it was pit bulls. They just showed up out of nowhere. Now it is cats. I want to put a couple or 3 up for adoption but I just don't have it in me. They think they are mine and the one that I always said I was going to try to adopt out once I got her socialized is bonded with my dog. Sigh
Yes, I'll have to put my foot down about how many pets I take in later ahahaha!! I've decided I want 2 dogs and 1 cat in a few years but I wouldn't complain if I have more... ;)
Hey, more animals the better, H Wright!! :devillove:
I wanted to throw a party when I was down to 1 cat! MY cat. Finally life was about to get easier. Now I walk out to use the bathroom and get tripped on by at least 2 while they are trying to run in my bedroom. They want me to pee my pants because I can't go to the bathroom without one of them walking at a snails pace right in front of me. Oh they are little devils! I think of them like gremlins, they multiply every time it rains.
Amaranth Rose

Update: I didn't end up taking both cats to the humane society! They went home with my auntie, whose daughter recently got her own home and is taking all the dogs and cats. They figured she would be lonely without any animals, so tadah! My two babies went to my aunt. Hurray! This means that they will be spoiled to no end (they'll become chubby kitties) and I'll still get to see them! So happy! ^^ I have to bring my dog too because I think he is already lonely without them! :'( so if he sees them once in a while I think he'll be really happy :)
H_Wright

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:Update: I didn't end up taking both cats to the humane society! They went home with my auntie, whose daughter recently got her own home and is taking all the dogs and cats. They figured she would be lonely without any animals, so tadah! My two babies went to my aunt. Hurray! This means that they will be spoiled to no end (they'll become chubby kitties) and I'll still get to see them! So happy! ^^ I have to bring my dog too because I think he is already lonely without them! :'( so if he sees them once in a while I think he'll be really happy :)
That's awesome. Congrats on their forever home! Together!!

I have Dee's spay scheduled for tomorrow and they are calling for bath weather. Talk about bad timing. I have her transport planned for Saturday to meet them half way and was planning on getting a hotel with a friend and making a little mini trip out of it. We have 2 puppies also catching a ride so it's happening with or without her. I told the rescue I need a break. Please let the next one be one of the easy ones I hear about but never really got to experience. Pretend I'm a first time foster and you actually want me to foster for you again. Maybe a puppy to remind me why I don't really foster puppies might be nice. Lol
Amaranth Rose

H_Wright wrote:
Amaranthlovecharm wrote:Update: I didn't end up taking both cats to the humane society! They went home with my auntie, whose daughter recently got her own home and is taking all the dogs and cats. They figured she would be lonely without any animals, so tadah! My two babies went to my aunt. Hurray! This means that they will be spoiled to no end (they'll become chubby kitties) and I'll still get to see them! So happy! ^^ I have to bring my dog too because I think he is already lonely without them! :'( so if he sees them once in a while I think he'll be really happy :)

I have Dee's spay scheduled for tomorrow and they are calling for bath weather. Talk about bad timing. I have her transport planned for Saturday to meet them half way and was planning on getting a hotel with a friend and making a little mini trip out of it. We have 2 puppies also catching a ride so it's happening with or without her. I told the rescue I need a break. Please let the next one be one of the easy ones I hear about but never really got to experience. Pretend I'm a first time foster and you actually want me to foster for you again. Maybe a puppy to remind me why I don't really foster puppies might be nice. Lol
Yes, I'm so happy! When I heard my auntie wanted a cat, I felt guilty about the other one being left outside. I decided reluctantly that I would take that one to the humane society. Better than outside, at least, and she would get a home eventually. But my auntie wanted both! Yay! And they are so cute together! Like peas in a pod. We are thinking they are litter mates but the female is much larger than the male because she got more milk when they were smaller. Turns out they were already 5 months old too, just really small from malnourishment x.x

Awwwwww puppies! So cute! That will be a nice break and also not LOL. I'm glad Dee is doing so well!! :devillove:

Hehe... I would love to foster animals more in the future too. This was a really fun experience :devillove:
H_Wright

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:
H_Wright wrote:

Yes, I'm so happy! When I heard my auntie wanted a cat, I felt guilty about the other one being left outside. I decided reluctantly that I would take that one to the humane society. Better than outside, at least, and she would get a home eventually. But my auntie wanted both! Yay! And they are so cute together! Like peas in a pod. We are thinking they are litter mates but the female is much larger than the male because she got more milk when they were smaller. Turns out they were already 5 months old too, just really small from malnourishment x.x

Awwwwww puppies! So cute! That will be a nice break and also not LOL. I'm glad Dee is doing so well!! :devillove:

Hehe... I would love to foster animals more in the future too. This was a really fun experience :devillove:
Ha, they suck you in and you just can't ever stop! Trust me. I've tried. It is soul sucking, heartbreaking, crushing; physically, emotionally, and financially exhausting, and the most wonderful feeling all wrapped up in one (or a litter) single body. It honestly just becomes part of you. I told a friend I needed to just stop and he gave me the most sincere look and said truthfully, "You can't. You just can't. You just wouldn't be you." He's right.

You're aunt made a great decision. Cats just aren't meant to live the single lifestyle. Who would they chase and fight with at 3 a.m.? Demons?
Passemoon
Patron Deities: Cailleach, Tefnut, Bes, Kwan Im, Dark Lords

Lol. More like the demons wake the human up to play and feed the cats st 3 am. I think the cats get adored and worshipped by both humans and demons at home. Mine definitely are. They. Are. Really. Spoiled.
ImageImage

Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven

Return to “Good Feels, Humour, and Positive Stories”