Vampire turnings, and the science behind them

Myths, Legends, and Stories from Different Cultures around the world.
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I recently read an article that a friend shared about ancient viruses being linked to thought processes of the brain.

https://www.livescience.com/61627-ancie ... brain.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It reminded me of how a vampiric turning happens.

DNA from a vampire is injected into a human host. This DNA would then start rewriting the human's genetic code. If the DNA is compatible and the host's body completely accepts the changes, new vampire is "born". This is what would be known as a flawless turning.

Unfortunately, a flawless turning is not always what happens. Like how the wrong organ or blood being transfused/planted into a body gets rejected and causes the person receiving it major and even life threatening problems, so too can the vampire DNA get rejected by the host's body and end up causing them permanent problems as the changes occur. The worst that could happen from this is the human being turned ends up dying shortly after from it.

I find the science behind how it all works very facinating, and have explored this subject in-depth.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
saelstown
Patron Deities: Prince Lucifer

Ohh I know this is an old post but I'd love to hear more thoughts on this from you if you ever decided to share!!

Return to “Myths, Legends and Folklore”