My Energy Experience: What Came Naturally & Seeking Advice

Discussions of Energy Work and Alternate Health Practises. ***Not a Substitute for Medical Advice or Medicine!
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

The purpose of this post is to explain (most of) my experiences with energy* up to this point, determine what I understand and don’t understand regarding energy, and to ask for advice to grow in understanding and perception of energy in the specific areas I’m weak in.

I’ve never been able to see it, and my radius of feeling it—which is my only sensory indication that it even exists—is limited to about a 2 foot radius from my body. Although I can perceive it as *something* rather than nothing, I don’t really have a good handle on what exactly it is. See the note at the end for more details on this.

My hands know what they’re doing though, somehow, even if my brain and the rest of me really doesn’t. I can do some energy manipulations with my hands.

The first experience I’ve ever had with energy was feeling it in my hands. I found while I was young that cupping my hand, I could gather a little energy that felt sort of like a wild spark jumping between my fingertips. I am right handed, but my left hand is more sensitive to energy than my right hand.

I soon discovered that if I hold my hands out about a foot away from my body, palms facing each other, I can gather a LOT more energy than I can gather in a cupped hand. I started out with my hands about 3 inches apart, then gradually widened the gap. The current gap that I use between hands is about 1 foot. In this space between my hands, I can gather energy, condense it, and make a sort of “energy brick.” In this state, it feels a lot more solid than fluid or gaseous. When I press against it, there is a resistant force that feels like pressing against a solid object. This is something I’ve done for a long time, though at various points in my life I’ve considered it some trick of the mind rather than some part of external reality.

In the past week, I’ve learned how to shift energy that I gather in bricks like this into the resonance of different elements. Particularly, I have hand shapes for fire, light, earth, water, and air. I’d really like to make a video about it sometime—I feel that would best demonstrate the method I use and what I mean. For now though, I’ll just walk you through it in text.

I always start in this “brickmaking” gathering shape, palms facing each other a foot or so apart. From there, to do fire, I turn my palms up quickly but in a calm, fluid motion. I flare my fingers out and upward in a fanlike shape. I feel the energy getting hotter and spreading in a radiant pattern like a flame. When I say “Like a flame” I mean that it doesn’t mirror a flame exactly, there’s some variance to the energy of my flame hand position and the energy of an actual flame. I’m not exactly sure why this is, but I have some guesses—the main one is that it’s a different form or kind of fire.

Next I take my fire and turn it into radiant light by turning my palms inward toward one another, keeping them cupped. In this position, the middle finger is at the highest elevation, and the base of the palm connecting to the wrist is at the lowest. I soften the tension in my fingers, letting them fall into gentle curves around the energy. The shape of my hand isn’t trying to be a circle, but the shape of the light the flame turns into is radiating out from a single point in the center of it.

Once I get a good feel for the light energy in my hands, I will flatten my hands down, pushing the energy downward into a flat surface. When I do this, my fingers point straight forward, away from (perpendicular to) my body, and my hands are parallel to the ground. The best that I can describe the feeling of the energy in this state is “a sheet of earth.”

From there, I turn the fingertips of my hands toward each other by about 30 degrees. I curve the tips of my fingers upward and move the sheet of energy in a wavelike ripple until it becomes water. The little ripples continue as long as the energy is in this water form.

The final step is to raise my palms so that they’re at about a 120 degree angle with my fingers. My fingers should be more or less parallel to the ground. My thumb should be extended straight in the same direction as my fingers. I basically picture the ripples in the water coming from a gust of wind that originates at the base of my wrist and passes straight forward under my hand, and let the wind blow away all of the water until it’s only the air that remains.

This method has become a daily exercise for me since I figured it out. I pretty much presumed that this would be a common experience of energy and how energy works for everybody… *Buzzer noise* well, a quick look at some online sources determined that *that* presumption was totally wrong. XD

A lot of people seem to see energy in colors. The closest I’ve come to anything like that is visualizing the sphere of white light when I do my light portion of the exercise. Otherwise, I’ve never been able to see energy, let alone see it in color. I realized that my sensing radius for energy is really small in comparison to most testimony, and that a lot of people sense energy with their whole body and not just their hands.

So, as the saying goes, I’ve shown you mine—now you show me yours. If you’re comfortable with that. I’m not pressuring anyone to give out secrets or anything, just wanting a basic knowledge of how this all works for you personally. How do you perceive energy? What kind of basic energy exercises do you do?

Please share any experiences or thoughts on this subject that you wish.

I’d specifically be most grateful for advice with:

1. Learning to see energy, and perceive its color
2. Expanding my radius of sensation
3. Sensing and moving energy with my whole body, not just my hands.
4. How to push energy through a tool like a knife or wand

*Note that for the purposes of this topic, I am not referring to the physics definition of the word energy. You probably guessed that already based on the context, but I put this here for clarity. I realize that this doesn’t really define what I mean by energy, it only defines what I *don’t* mean, and I am aware that this is not ideal. I am still trying to determine a coherent definition for the word energy in this context. This is a rather big hole. Somehow we all seem to know what we mean by “energy” but I find it still quite hard to define separately from the physics concept. If you have a solid definition, or even a working definition you use, I welcome and encourage you to share it.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

I started with feeling the energy in my hands also. A very warm sensation. Everyone is different in how they feel or see energy ( I still can't see colors) so don't stress if you do it differently, that is perfectly ok!
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Sounds like you've got a good handle on energy manipulation. Keep working with your abilities and you'll be able to do more. I will also recommend reading up on energy theory and the mechanics on how it all works, and how the many layers of energy connect.
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein
Oceanos
Patron Deities: Tiamat, Lucifer, Danu
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

What your doing is called reiki right? Ive done it befofe a few times, the static charge from making the energy ball can sometimes sting your hand and youll feel the dull pain afterward from the areas it hit on the hand, at least thats happened to me, similar to when you get a atatic shock from something, except all over your hands.
Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

the way you seem to respond to energy is actually very similar to how i also work with energy. i also cannot yet see colors in energy and i've never been able to. But i can expand my energy over large distances and i am good at changing the energy in an object. For moving energy with your whole body i would recommend some kind of exercise like dance and martial arts they are really helpful for learning where to put energy. Also if you have ever had acupuncture done it can help you to sense the energy inside your body as can qi gong or tai chi. Just so you know i have studied acupuncture for awhile and this effects my dominant paradigm and my beliefs about energy. For example qi/ prana etc moves throughout the who body through meridians (like rivers) and the mind moves the qi which moves your blood, so basically if you think of your big toe say, then you can begin to feel you big toe and the act of thinking of your toe has lead the energy there. So this can help with learning to feel and move energy in your body.

So this is how i interact with energy and maybe it can help you. I also work with the elements and how i started to do this was from a scientific understanding of it. I visualize that i'm affecting the atoms of the object and this makes it easier ( most of my effect of energy and movement is on an astral/spiritual level though- i haven't practiced enough to physically manipulate like an flame or water). So basically the changing of states from solid- earth to liquid- water to gas- air but also fire when the atoms move faster and for lightning like energy you need to split the atoms/electrons- for ice its stopping the atoms altogether. I stated by learning to change the states of the energy.

For putting energy into and object for me , its about combining the energies so i take something solid and pour my energy into the object ( i use atmospheric energy that i pull into me- using my actually energy can leave me very drained). Once my energy is in the object (like a physical rock) i visualize/feel the bonds on an atomic level and pull it apart and move it to a liquid state( so the atoms are more split and the object overall is less solid) then put another kind of energy like sunlight( which is like fire and its atomic movement is very open) then i gel the two energies together and turn it back to solid by creating new bonds to the new energy- then i withdraw my energy from the object and the stone now has sunlight bonded to it.
I also learnt about the elements by learning what actual wind or water etc feels like to me ( i'm very sensitive to energy) then recreating this feeling in my own energy.

Finally for expanding your radius of sensation try focusing on an object in the distance then picturing yourself there and what it would feel like to be there- eventually this can lead to OBE. that can help. or just sending your energy out( is pushing it out) towards a tree, generally trees are easy to feel and try to feel what the tree feels like, it would probably be useful to recognize what the tree feels like up close then walk further and further back until you can do it from a few meters. This has helped me anyway.

Its always interesting hearing other experiences of this so thank you for posting this Chrysopaelian
Chrysopaelian

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful comments
Oceanos wrote:What your doing is called reiki right? Ive done it befofe a few times, the static charge from making the energy ball can sometimes sting your hand and youll feel the dull pain afterward from the areas it hit on the hand, at least thats happened to me, similar to when you get a atatic shock from something, except all over your hands.
I am not familiar with the term reiki, I've only vaguely heard it mentioned before. This gives me something else to look into, so thanks :)

Heretique wrote: Once my energy is in the object (like a physical rock) i visualize/feel the bonds on an atomic level and pull it apart and move it to a liquid state( so the atoms are more split and the object overall is less solid) then put another kind of energy like sunlight( which is like fire and its atomic movement is very open) then i gel the two energies together and turn it back to solid by creating new bonds to the new energy- then i withdraw my energy from the object and the stone now has sunlight bonded to it.

[...]

Finally for expanding your radius of sensation try focusing on an object in the distance then picturing yourself there and what it would feel like to be there- eventually this can lead to OBE. that can help. or just sending your energy out( is pushing it out) towards a tree, generally trees are easy to feel and try to feel what the tree feels like, it would probably be useful to recognize what the tree feels like up close then walk further and further back until you can do it from a few meters. This has helped me anyway.

Its always interesting hearing other experiences of this so thank you for posting this Chrysopaelian
I appreciate everything you put into your response here, but I think these bits are going to be especially valuable to me moving forward. I am going to try visualizing the atomic level for bonding energy to objects in the future and see how that works out for me. Very good stuff!
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Chrysopaelian

Slight update: i can now also sense energy with my face now. This might seem like not much to some of you, but for someone who has only felt it with their hands their while life, this is good progress and worth the 2 months it took. I may talk about the specifics in my personal blog when i get home. Ive been staying at my aunt's watching her dogs.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Thank you for posting this and sharing, I found it fascinating to read as my naturally strongest skill is clairaudience but I've worked to develop other senses of mine and am still continuing to do so.

I had to dig through some of my old journals and posts for this LOL It’s been awhile since I started so if anything I say doesn’t make sense, feel free to ask. I’ll try to explain it as clearly as possible but what is clear/obvious to me may not be to others.

I perceive energy through sight, both astral and physical. Touch, in that I can feel things touching me that other people cannot see. Feeling, in that I can feel things around me that aren’t necessarily touching me but rather I feel a presence or someone looking at me. I can also smell things at times that there are not physical explanations for. There’s other layers to this but this is the most basic explanation I can give.

I started training myself to see and work with energies by working with my first Demon companion. I have some topics here from way back then lol which kind of outline different things.

Higher world and making energy balls
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personal work with Demonic Dark Energy (may be closer to what you are doing/looking for and you could substitute different type of energy)
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Akelta’s Astral Viewing exercise (not mine, but an actual exercise to see astrally)
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Daily Manifestation exercise (this is one I did to manifest things into my life and was one of my daily exercises. You could probably substitute bricks you make for balls, you could also program them to do something else and if this is too vague or broad let me know… program bricks and throw them at people or objects rofl sorry I couldn’t help myself …)
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other possibly helpful things …

Third eye training from my original journals
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seeing your spirits chat seminar notes
https://www.satanandsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I could have sworn there was a chat party where we looked at our hands to see our own auras but I cannot find it for the life of me and I have been digging through this forum, my personal files and PDFs but yeah … Akelta did an exercise awhile ago in a chat where you could put your hand on a white background (piece of paper) and stare at it and try to see the colors around it. The ‘seeing your spirits’ exercise in the last link is similar but is focused on a companion instead. Which was how I learned the most about energy and working with it, by working with Demon companions.

So I have some questions for you after reading this because it sounds like you are actually already skilled in some aspects of this. There’s no right or wrong answer, it’s more out of curiosity and to maybe get you looking at some things or thinking about them which can help you develop further.

I read your description of turning the bricks of energy into different elements. As far as I understood, you can’t see anything in front of you but you are feeling it, either through your hands or you are sensing it? As in you just know… I would say the skills you may want to work at developing or look into more would be clairsentience or claircognizance, since it sounds like you are using one of these two.

I’m also going to say I’m intrigued by you putting ‘*buzzer noise*’ in your writing as I tend to do this, type random sounds into text and actually hear the noises. Just wondering about potential clairaudient abilities in you so pointing this out. I’m wondering if you might be doing more than you realize and maybe just have a certain expectation of how things should be, not realizing what you are actually already doing, if that makes sense.

This turned out to be less of a set of questions than I thought lol but anyway… to answer your remaining questions directly.

1. Learning to see energy, and perceive its color

Visualization and looking into clairvoyance or ‘seeing’ exercises. I’d recommend starting with visualization exercise, a really basic one is to take an object, hold it in your hand and study it then close your eyes and recreate it in your mind with as much detail as possible.

Do you do the brick making with your eyes open or closed? If eyes are open, try closing your eyes and combining it with visualization. Don’t get too caught up in worrying about you projecting things or getting it wrong, if this is something you do. If not then just make the bricks as you usually do while visualizing what you think it would look like.

2. Expanding my radius of sensation

Keep doing what you’re doing, practice and journal. Heretique had some really good suggestions for this and I don't feel I have anything I can add to improve on what they said at this point, except practicing and journaling lol

3. Sensing and moving energy with my whole body, not just my hands.

*points again to Heretique* ... Visualization may again help with this. I would also mention directing energy with your mind. This may require you to develop your clairsentience or ability to sense things around you more, so you can feel the energy around you and shift it. I would recommend doing shielding exercises and if you need examples here’s a PDF

http://satanandsuns.com/blog/wp-content ... ing101.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There’s actually information in there when creating the shield how to direct energy to your third eye. I would use that, the technique at the very least if you don’t want to create actual shields, to familiarize yourself with directing energy from your third eye. (Again if this is not obvious or makes no sense let me know lol)

4. How to push energy through a tool like a knife or wand

If you can pull energy through your body or from around you, you can direct it into the tool and push it through. I’d recommend visualization, focusing exercises and also ways of testing what exactly you are doing. There’s a lot of different layers and ways I could think of doing this, not sure what your intent is, but for example one thing I do is use a crystal wand to move energy and activate grids I have set up. This is something I do more frequently. I have a grid of citrines set up that are charged for wealth and abundance, and I have a double terminated citrine which is one of the Free Yourself to Wealth magickals but has other things cast on it from my ritual work with Mammon. Using an object that is already charged or cast on, you can use the energy from that or you can draw energy from around you into an object. My tools are already cast upon and charged, including both the citrine point and grid, so it’s a matter of using what is programmed into them. I have activation codes and mantras (I guess you would call them?) to do this.

If you mean just taking a wand or knife with nothing on it, I would say again try pulling and directing the energy from around you, or from your hands into the object and then use the object to point/push/direct the energy where you want it to go. Think of the object as an extension of your hand and move it through the object is one way.

If this isn’t what you meant, again let me know. Hope some of this was helpful lol
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

I can’t see, sense, feel or manipulate anything, so ... *shrugs*
I’ve tried all kinds of visualization and exercises (and buying useless services, spells, and reiki attunements).
I’ve had acupuncture too, and I would meditate during my sessions. Nothing happened (and that was the biggest waste of money as a medical treatment, along with chiropractic ...).
I feel nothing from elements, nature, people, animals, gemstones, spirits, immortals, etc.; it’s like I’m spiritually numb.
Honestly it’s like I have Bella’s shielding power from Twilight or Orihime’s rejection power from Bleach.
Like I’m anti-magic or everything just bounces off. I am the most muggle of muggles. The most boring of spiritual people.
Of course then I get pissed and really start rejecting everything ...

Someone (was it Amaranth?) suggested in another thread to be a keen observer of everything, and I am naturally like that, being the curious and detail-obsessed Virgo that I am. Why that doesn’t translate into any sort of clair or whatever skill is beyond me. I mean I’ve been trying this stuff for years and years.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Kitsune
Patron Deities: (Claimed by many names unknown, probably hellcats)
Your favourite Demon?: HBRFD-S, Ancestor Z (dragon), Cthulhu, My entire tribe from back home (dragons), Lord Sorath,others
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

@Eilana, that last suggestion; pushing and manipulating energy through/within an object, is something I've been practicing myself. I had found a good-sized stick and was practicing with fire energy. I ended up cooking the stick slightly while experimenting on how hot I could make it. XD I also marked a tree with my handprint while playing with the fire energy later that hour.

@Chrys, which comes to what I want to say to you. I utilize magick and energy work that directly affects the physical realm; bending reality and manifesting things with physically observable effects. If you have an element or elements you are naturally attuned to; fire, ice, water, electricity, air, shadow, light, earth, life, etc, etc, etc, you can try practicing kinetic magick of your chosen element (i.e. fire = pyrokinesis). This magick, as with anything else, is something you naturally have the capability of wielding. As such, learning how to use these abilities is instinctual, and you already know how to work with it. All it takes is playing around with the energies to get a grasp of that knowledge.

This is true for any ability, not just kinetic manipulation. Your powers, senses and abilities are already programmed into you, you just need to access that knowledge to benefit from it. Building a foundation gives you the basic skills essential to any later practice you may wish to pursue. With these skills, you can experiment and see what methods work best for you, and where to go from there.

Most of what I do I learned myself, so I can say with confidence that you are on your way to bigger things working with what you are now. What Eilana shared are great exercises and practicing them every day or a set time(s) each week will strengthen those senses you've been worried about. One day you'll suddenly notice just how much of a difference your senses are from when you started, and it'll be a joyous and exciting time. ^^
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup~

"If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in!
Come in!" ~Shel Silverstein

Return to “Energy Work and Alternative Health Practises”