My Energy Experience: What Came Naturally & Seeking Advice

Discussions of Energy Work and Alternate Health Practises. ***Not a Substitute for Medical Advice or Medicine!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Kitsune wrote:@Eilana, that last suggestion; pushing and manipulating energy through/within an object, is something I've been practicing myself. I had found a good-sized stick and was practicing with fire energy. I ended up cooking the stick slightly while experimenting on how hot I could make it. XD I also marked a tree with my handprint while playing with the fire energy later that hour.

@Chrys, which comes to what I want to say to you. I utilize magick and energy work that directly affects the physical realm; bending reality and manifesting things with physically observable effects. If you have an element or elements you are naturally attuned to; fire, ice, water, electricity, air, shadow, light, earth, life, etc, etc, etc, you can try practicing kinetic magick of your chosen element (i.e. fire = pyrokinesis). This magick, as with anything else, is something you naturally have the capability of wielding. As such, learning how to use these abilities is instinctual, and you already know how to work with it. All it takes is playing around with the energies to get a grasp of that knowledge.

This is true for any ability, not just kinetic manipulation. Your powers, senses and abilities are already programmed into you, you just need to access that knowledge to benefit from it. Building a foundation gives you the basic skills essential to any later practice you may wish to pursue. With these skills, you can experiment and see what methods work best for you, and where to go from there.

Most of what I do I learned myself, so I can say with confidence that you are on your way to bigger things working with what you are now. What Eilana shared are great exercises and practicing them every day or a set time(s) each week will strengthen those senses you've been worried about. One day you'll suddenly notice just how much of a difference your senses are from when you started, and it'll be a joyous and exciting time. ^^
This is cool to think about, but do you think it’s possible that some people just don’t have it?
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

@Loka you must have it but something is blocking you... From your posts, it seems like you have a strong, very strong bond to Loki. How do you connect with him? Have you asked him to help you with this? Sorry if you answered this before somewhere else and I can't remember!

Also, how consistently do you do the exercises? Do you stay with one for a long time before going on to the next step or a different exercise? Because if you jump around with different activities, you can't master anything TT.TT

@Eilana ah yes, I direct energy from my third eye too. It takes on the shape of an orb and I just program it with intent (which also determines the color and fluidity of the energy) ^^ but I also love creating energy with my hands as I can feel the swirls going simultaneously in both hands!! I like to practice making it go clockwise, counter-clockwise, clockwise, counter-clockwise.... release it into the room and feel the swirls through my crown chakra ^^ You get the gist ^^ oooh and thank you for the links. I'm pretty sure I've read most of your stuff already but a refresher will be good!!! :devillove:

@Chrys hurray, progress!!! This is so exciting! :devillove: I assume you mean sensations through your third eye? But why is it concentrated on your face xD I guess I'll have to look at the blog later to find out!!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Shifa

I jump around too much maybe. I’m so curious, I like to try lots of things to figure out what I click with.
I talk to Loki all the time, but I’ve been reliant on others for his messages.

A question for Kits (or anyone) - how would you find out what element you naturally have an affinity to?
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

Kitsune wrote:@Eilana, that last suggestion; pushing and manipulating energy through/within an object, is something I've been practicing myself. I had found a good-sized stick and was practicing with fire energy. I ended up cooking the stick slightly while experimenting on how hot I could make it. XD I also marked a tree with my handprint while playing with the fire energy later that hour.
I burned myself once when I first started LOL I forgot about that ...and yes, I remember the tree lol
Amaranthlovecharm wrote:@Eilana ah yes, I direct energy from my third eye too. It takes on the shape of an orb and I just program it with intent (which also determines the color and fluidity of the energy) ^^ but I also love creating energy with my hands as I can feel the swirls going simultaneously in both hands!! I like to practice making it go clockwise, counter-clockwise, clockwise, counter-clockwise.... release it into the room and feel the swirls through my crown chakra ^^ You get the gist ^^ oooh and thank you for the links. I'm pretty sure I've read most of your stuff already but a refresher will be good!!! :devillove:
Ohh I love doing that Amaranth, I know exactly what you mean ^^ It's so much fun and how I primarily work with energy, directing it with my third eye. I really was intrigued though hearing what Heretique said as I tend to come from my mind and less from my body. Though I've trained myself, I may be going into this from another layer soon LOL dancing and yoga were the most physical ways I manipulated energy with my whole body.

@Loka, thinking about the element thing. Off the top of my head, astrology and natal charts usually assign you an element (or elements), but there are lots of ways. I'll get back to you if I think of anything else, I would recommend meditation in some cases but feel like there is a better answer that will be beneficial specifically to you. I just need to think about it a bit more lol

@Chrys, I thought of something this morning I decided to try again to find it and had an idea. Awhile ago I posted a link to a website/resource but when I went to get it and link it here, the website says it's down for maintenance. I didn't link it or mention it. But it kept nagging at me, even at the early hours of the morning. So I was going to say, maybe try looking into psionics, if that's not a term you are familiar with. It sounded to me like what you might be looking for.

The website was http://psionicsonline.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is down but then I realized I might be able to get it from the web archive. I just had a minute to check and I found it! It might not be entirely there but you can click around and find a different snapshot which might have things that are missing from others .... Here's one snapshot

http://web.archive.org/web/201407151741 ... nline.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Here's 2014 snapshots, which is when I originally was reading the website: http://web.archive.org/web/201407010000 ... online.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

And here's a specific page in the snapshot, I'll quote from because as soon as I saw it I was like YES LOL
Symbols that mean certain things are fundamental to success in psionics. This is fundamental material for making sense of many of the methods of Psionics.

What is energy? “Energy” (or psi) is a word we use to mean the stuff that makes psionics work. The term “energy” is pseudo-scientific at best. A lot of us don’t actually think we’re talking about the energy as discussed in your physics class. We just use the words “psi” and “energy” to tell each other about our experiences in a common language.
Link directly to this article http://web.archive.org/web/201407021556 ... use-symbol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a lot of good stuff on there. I didn't test how many of the links worked, I just clicked around this particular snapshot, some parts works, some don't. But there might be something here that is useful or the term 'psionics' may lead you to something in a book or other site.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Lokakisa wrote:I jump around too much maybe. I’m so curious, I like to try lots of things to figure out what I click with.
I talk to Loki all the time, but I’ve been reliant on others for his messages.

A question for Kits (or anyone) - how would you find out what element you naturally have an affinity to?
Ahhh maybe that is it? Yeah, just focus on one thing at a time and dedicate your focus to that for a while ^^ for example, I've been focusing on spellwork this month but at the same time I have been researching herbs. Next month, I will still be doing those, but my primary focus will be shadow work and working on emotions. Once you feel like you've "leveled up" a skill, you can keep adding more things you want to study :D of course, you never stop studying and can keep adding more to your studies but don't add anything until you are making some progress with one first. Be careful with your time and energy (especially energy since you will be tired from practicing with it) so you don't get overwhelmed quickly and tire yourself out and want to give up right away!! Just keep at it and you'll make progress!

Also to note is if you are working with other DLs or gods and goddesses is to not work with too many at one time! Not sure if you will primarily work with Loki or with others but yeah ^^ if you stick with only a couple teachers at one time, that will also help your focus. They will keep you on track and give you exercise after exercise once they feel you are ready LOL

I agree with Eilana! You can find your affinity through your charts. This is the one I used to find mine. http://tropical-vedic-astrology.net/fre ... alculator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You'll get your chart but it doesn't list what it means, so you'll have to open other tabs to research what they mean. I found it to be very insightful into my own character and skills I can work on in the future ^^ I hope it helps you too.

@Eilana hmm I think I'll also try to think like Heretique too to see :D actually, it reminds me of a story I was writing way back in high school about a magick school. And they did approach magick from a more scientific perspective. In order to do anything, they had to know the physical components of that object in order to conjure it into reality. So for water, hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms. But for things like a desk, chair, etc it would require more energy and expertise since they were made up of a lot of components xD

I should really revisit that story idea to see how my idea of magick has changed. Maybe I'll pick it up again. It deviated from the magick school part and derailed into cheesy high school romance so it would be nice to go back to the magick part LOL

Oooh going to those psyonics links too now :D thank youuuu Eilanaaaa :devillove:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Shifa

It’s just Loki. He’s enough! ^_^

You know I had completely forgotten that I got a natal chart from S Connolly; my elements are primarily earth and fire.
She said I was really grounded but I have the potential for powerful magick ... I replied in disbelief lol but she said I needed to learn to let go.
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

I actually really love long responses. I’m ravenous for information, so the more the merrier! I appreciate the links that you shared and the opportunity to read about some of your personal experiences with energy.

The energy that my guardian uses for defensive purposes is fire energy, which I am attempting to direct with a wooden knife that I made myself out of wood from a family Christmas tree. Right now I am using that just because it’s how it has been demonstrated to me, but maybe I’ll mess around with using other types of energy for that technique. The energies that I can understand well/am in good touch with are these 5, fire, water, earth, air, and light. I am trying to learn about one other presently that I have experienced and currently don’t have a handle on yet. As a working title, I am calling it “The Entropic Impulse.” I'm not even honestly sure if it *is* energy. But it's /something/ I perceive as behaving (at least similar to) energies I've experienced. *Shrug*

To answer your questions and respond to some of the points you brought up:
Eilana wrote: I read your description of turning the bricks of energy into different elements. As far as I understood, you can’t see anything in front of you but you are feeling it, either through your hands or you are sensing it? As in you just know… I would say the skills you may want to work at developing or look into more would be clairsentience or claircognizance, since it sounds like you are using one of these two.
Correct, I can’t see anything in my hands as I do this. I would describe the sensations I get from this as a combination of what you call touch and feeling. Aside from physical touch, I can just sort of “tell” what space the energy takes up, and what it’s shaped like. That might sound weird, but that’s the best way I can explain it.
Eilana wrote: I’m also going to say I’m intrigued by you putting ‘*buzzer noise*’ in your writing as I tend to do this, type random sounds into text and actually hear the noises. Just wondering about potential clairaudient abilities in you so pointing this out. I’m wondering if you might be doing more than you realize and maybe just have a certain expectation of how things should be, not realizing what you are actually already doing, if that makes sense.
Haha, I had recently read a book that used the phrase, *Pause for thunder on the soundtrack.* I thought it was funny and great that the book just used that to shock the reader out of a serious moment in the narrative and remind them in such a way that they’re just reading a book and witnessing all of the drama of the scene in their own mind.

As for clairaudience, have you seen any of my posts talking about the doorbell noise I’ve heard? That’s my only experience I can really think of that could count as clairaudient, as far as I’m aware. Everything else that I normally “hear” from spiritual entities is more like thought communication that doesn’t have to pass through my ears to get to my brain.
Eilana wrote: Do you do the brick making with your eyes open or closed? If eyes are open, try closing your eyes and combining it with visualization. Don’t get too caught up in worrying about you projecting things or getting it wrong, if this is something you do. If not then just make the bricks as you usually do while visualizing what you think it would look like.
I have always done this with my eyes open. I’ll have to give it a try with my eyes closed, thanks for the idea 
I appreciate the resources in your second comment too!

Kitsune wrote: @Chrys, which comes to what I want to say to you. I utilize magick and energy work that directly affects the physical realm; bending reality and manifesting things with physically observable effects. If you have an element or elements you are naturally attuned to; fire, ice, water, electricity, air, shadow, light, earth, life, etc, etc, etc, you can try practicing kinetic magick of your chosen element (i.e. fire = pyrokinesis). This magick, as with anything else, is something you naturally have the capability of wielding. As such, learning how to use these abilities is instinctual, and you already know how to work with it. All it takes is playing around with the energies to get a grasp of that knowledge.
Kitsune, thank you for sharing your thoughts and encouragement. Out of air, water, fire, and earth, I am best aligned with water personally, and next best with air.

Amaranthlovecharm wrote: @Chrys hurray, progress!!! This is so exciting! :devillove: I assume you mean sensations through your third eye? But why is it concentrated on your face xD I guess I'll have to look at the blog later to find out!!
Thanks for the encouragement! No, not my third eye, literally my face XD My forehead, cheeks, nose, and just above my chin, under my lower lip.

Lokakisa wrote: A question for Kits (or anyone) - how would you find out what element you naturally have an affinity to?
Lokakisa, it sounds rough that you’ve put so much time and energy into this stuff and not got any results at all. I wish I had an answer for you, unfortunately I can really only speak to my own experience on this. I started out with this stuff as a kid, and most of what has worked for me has just been messing around all sorts of ways and just happening upon something useful sometimes. As for how I found out my natural elemental affinity, there have been a lot of signs over time, some more obvious and some more subtle. Things I’ve read that have connected/synchronized, things about my own personality and the “personality” of the element that are the same, experimentation, and how I feel when I’m surrounded by that element are all things that have contributed to this understanding.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠

Return to “Energy Work and Alternative Health Practises”