Group Study Exercise for June. :)

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

I thought we could go herbal for this one! There are some amazing YouTube videos out there, and great books, too, on the subject of herbal preparations. Or you could just talk to Chrys! XD If you choose to participate, study up and make one of the following:

chapstick/ lip balm
skin cream/ cold cream
perfume
herbal tincture
herbal soap
bath bombs and fizzies
bath salts
incense cones or sticks

I have found tons of info out there on these items. It is REALLY easy! Just be very careful not to get anything poisonous, and test for allergies or skin sensitivity before use. Here is a link for a simple lip balm. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Just be aware that there are a ton of different variations, and you can use any essential oils that please you with it. I will share some links with the other types of herbal products thoughout the month. I am gonna make some lip balm, since I use it constantly, and it can get pretty expensive to get the good stuff. So I want to learn how to make it! I will be sharing my experiences with this soon. :) So have fun and let us know your recipe, and how things turned out for you! I might try my hand at the incense cones, too, if I have the time and money! good luck.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

*Gets out a big rubber stamp, dips it in blue ink*

"Chrys Approves This Message"

It'll be awesome to see what people do with this one! So many possibilities! .'@v@'. I'mma talk to Prince Stolas sometime in the coming week about this and see if he is interested in helping us out with this one.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ooh how exciting! I will be able to use some of my essential oils and plants :D yaaaay!! Not sure what I want to make first ^^
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

This is great. I'm thinking of making a lip balm with menthol and peppermint essential oils, which is great for summer to stay cool. :cooldevil:
However, It's winter for me here so I will probably be making a skin cream/body lotion instead and will be adding oils that will hopefully create a more 'warming effect'.
I have been consuming loads of fresh homemade ginger root tea lately, especially in winter season, so I will see how adding ginger essential oil will work. I have also been using the juice of fresh red chili peppers and diluted them for hair masks and it can get pretty hot, :devilfre: (careful with the chilies of course!). So I might add a bit in there. I will probably be adding some citrus oils too, maybe orange, or maybe something tropical like pineapple. Will see how this will go, I'm sure it will be fun.
I will be sharing it here of course. :)devil:

I have collected essential oils for a several years, mostly for personal aromatherapy uses and cosmetic DIY purposes, i.e skin creams etc. I sometimes add some oils in my food or tea from time to time.
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

User3246
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel

Infernal Ascendant wrote:This is great. I'm thinking of making a lip balm with menthol and peppermint essential oils, which is great for summer to stay cool. :cooldevil:
However, It's winter for me here so I will probably be making a skin cream/body lotion instead and will be adding oils that will hopefully create a more 'warming effect'.
I have been consuming loads of fresh homemade ginger root tea lately, especially in winter season, so I will see how adding ginger essential oil will work. I have also been using the juice of fresh red chili peppers and diluted them for hair masks and it can get pretty hot, :devilfre: (careful with the chilies of course!). So I might add a bit in there. I will probably be adding some citrus oils too, maybe orange, or maybe something tropical like pineapple. Will see how this will go, I'm sure it will be fun.

I have collected essential oils for a several years, mostly for personal aromatherapy uses and cosmetic DIY purposes, i.e skin creams etc. I sometimes add some oils in my food or tea from time to time.
I never thought of using chillies or spicy stuff. Great idea! I think I would like to get exotic with some frankincense and myrrh, or maybe just Palo Santo. I have a lovely first aid oil that has rosemary, helichrysum italicum, tea tree oil, and clove bud. That would make a great lip balm, or even skin cream. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Yekarah
Your favourite Demon?: Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Infernal Ascendant wrote:This is great. I'm thinking of making a lip balm with menthol and peppermint essential oils, which is great for summer to stay cool. :cooldevil:

I never thought of using chillies or spicy stuff. Great idea! I think I would like to get exotic with some frankincense and myrrh, or maybe just Palo Santo. I have a lovely first aid oil that has rosemary, helichrysum italicum, tea tree oil, and clove bud. That would make a great lip balm, or even skin cream. :)
Frankincense and myrrh sound good - Frankincense scent reminds me of tea tree oil. That's a great combo! will keep that in mind.
I also forgot to mention lemongrass oil, when burned as incense, it reminds me of warm, freshly baked lemon cookies. :drool:
"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses."

Chrysopaelian

I think I know my Plan A for this C:

Going to try making incense cones (a thing I have never done, actually) with silver maple bark (because it seems like a really similar texture to the stuff in the how-to videos) and powdered carnations. Carnations are my favorite flower, and I have 3 dried flower heads that smell quite good. If the ground bark doesn't burn properly, I'll just shrug it off and try something else... but if it does, I will have discovered a new thing!

I made bull thistle broth today, but I don't think that counts for this challenge. Tastes pretty darn good though.
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
Chrysopaelian

Performed a rite to Prince Stolas (Etheliel) to ask if he would bless our lesson for June on S&S.
Procedure:
  • Wrote Satan’s Hellcat’s post for the June exercise on a piece of paper
    Went to the outdoor altar, performed my opening rites/preparations
  • Read out a request in the form of a poem to Prince Stolas
  • Used my new drop pendulum to determine his answers “Yes” and “No”

Asked the question: “Will you bless and support the Satan and Suns community in our study group lesson for June?”
    To which I received “Yes”

Asked the question: “Will you bless the products of this lesson that we make with your power?”
    To which I received “No”

Asked the question: “Will you bless the products of this lesson that we make with your power if we ask individually?”
    To which I received “No” as well as an explanation that I immediately wrote down:

“I will not reach out as the hand that brings bounty to your own table. In this age you have been given marvelous resources with which to fill every part of yourselves and your crafts with splendor. USE THEM. Do not rely on the air, the earth, the water, the flame, the god, or the demon, but only your own wings, your own eyes, your own hands, and your own minds. In my name, Etheliel, I vow that all you require, you have already. I provide opportunity where opportunity is not. Help yourself first, wagoner, and you will have a result more personal than one that I can give. I want you all to practice this—being the source of your own power. I will intervene only then, after you have done so.”
  • I thanked Prince Stolas for blessing and supporting us in the lesson and for his wisdom, and concluded that portion of the rite.
User3246

Chrysopaelian wrote:Performed a rite to Prince Stolas (Etheliel) to ask if he would bless our lesson for June on S&S.
Procedure:
  • Wrote Satan’s Hellcat’s post for the June exercise on a piece of paper
    Went to the outdoor altar, performed my opening rites/preparations
  • Read out a request in the form of a poem to Prince Stolas
  • Used my new drop pendulum to determine his answers “Yes” and “No”

Asked the question: “Will you bless and support the Satan and Suns community in our study group lesson for June?”
    To which I received “Yes”

Asked the question: “Will you bless the products of this lesson that we make with your power?”
    To which I received “No”

Asked the question: “Will you bless the products of this lesson that we make with your power if we ask individually?”
    To which I received “No” as well as an explanation that I immediately wrote down:

“I will not reach out as the hand that brings bounty to your own table. In this age you have been given marvelous resources with which to fill every part of yourselves and your crafts with splendor. USE THEM. Do not rely on the air, the earth, the water, the flame, the god, or the demon, but only your own wings, your own eyes, your own hands, and your own minds. In my name, Etheliel, I vow that all you require, you have already. I provide opportunity where opportunity is not. Help yourself first, wagoner, and you will have a result more personal than one that I can give. I want you all to practice this—being the source of your own power. I will intervene only then, after you have done so.”
  • I thanked Prince Stolas for blessing and supporting us in the lesson and for his wisdom, and concluded that portion of the rite.
I loved his answer! Sometimes people forget that the answer is indeed NO. What he said makes sense and is true. I respect it. I had, however, already spoke with Lord Uphir and told him the ingredients which I intended to use in my little herbal adventure, and he told me that I might wish to add a very small amount of camphor. I looked it up and it had some good properties, things that I would like to add to my mixtures, so I decided to use it. I will also add my own blessings. :) I am in the "getting all the required stuff together" phase right now. Amazon has 50 different colored chapstick tubes for $10.49. Yay! Colors! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I saw a video on adding glitter and color for the beauty side of things, too. :)

Chrysopaelian

Satan's Hellcat wrote: I loved his answer! Sometimes people forget that the answer is indeed NO. What he said makes sense and is true. I respect it. I had, however, already spoke with Lord Uphir and told him the ingredients which I intended to use in my little herbal adventure, and he told me that I might wish to add a very small amount of camphor. I looked it up and it had some good properties, things that I would like to add to my mixtures, so I decided to use it. I will also add my own blessings. :) I am in the "getting all the required stuff together" phase right now. Amazon has 50 different colored chapstick tubes for $10.49. Yay! Colors! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I saw a video on adding glitter and color for the beauty side of things, too. :)
Yeah, going into this I thought it was pretty much going to be just a formality for asking, since herbs are "his thing." lol. It was a bit of a surprise for me to hear this, but I think a good wakeup call. It will be fun to see what I can do on my own here with empowering my creations, and certainly a confidence boost. *thumbs up*

Glad to see that gathering stuff up for this is working out well for you, and that you got that good tip from Lord Uphir. And the phrase "little herbal adventure" I also love. x3 I blended the bark and carnations for the very simplest incense recipe I found on the whole internet. They're outside drying right now, and I hope that they do hold together OK as they dry. I got 1 cone out of each dried flower head, for 3 total cones. I'll take pics after the drying and share. I was wondering if egg white would be a workable binder for incense cones, or if it would interfere with the burning. I didn't try it, but perhaps I will later. I am also thinking about making a cursing oil for this lesson at some point.

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”