Study group Exercise for Oct/ Nov 2018.

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Sorry for being so late this month. Things have been a little busy at home and definitely here in the Forum. In good ways! :) Since I am so late, I think I will give the rest of October and then November to finish this exercise. What I would like to do during this time, is create some talismans which you can use in your practice. Yes, magick is a PRACTICE which means it should be worked on consistently and you should have your own personal schedule of meditations and ritual work. So, a Talisman is a created or man-made object that can draw things to you, or otherwise change the energy around you. It is a magickal object. This lesson I would like to focus on your personal power; what your particular strengths and powers are, and where they come from. For instance, I have Were-creature energy, vampiric energy, and I have an Immortal back in the family tree to claim and honor, namely Zeus. This is easier if you have done a Dark Demonic Energy reading or one of the CH "Anything in your Blood" readings, but you can also just trust your feelings. What are you most interested in? What powers would you like to tap into or have some skill in? Is it divination? Maybe you are attracted to spirits and ghosts (which is one form of Necromancy). Come up with some symbols or create a small statue, place a rune or runes on a stone. Give it some type of physical form. Take time to feed it your thoughts, tell it what you want it to do. Spend time with your Talisman every day for a while, meditating on the energy. Try not to micro-manage. Allow it to draw to you the energies that are best suited to your personality and desires, but also call in things that may be unexpected, or unknown. When you feel everything is just right, then do a simple ceremony, during which you state what ancestral or personal power you want the talisman to represent. "Creature of Magick! I name you a Talisman of my ancestral power of Were-Bear energy! Help to uncover the skills and talents that come to me through my bloodline and are mine by right! Draw to me the magick and power related to the Were-creatures, and help me to master these skills." This would be an example of a personal Talisman for me, since I have Were-Bear Ancestry. You can make more than one, but it is best to work with not more than three, until you get the hang of it. Once you have finished the ritual of creation, then the magick is released to start drawing energy to you. You can continue to work with the Talisman, or wear it if it is jewelry. Start looking for opportunities to learn and grow in the direction of the powers you wanted. They will come! It will get stronger and stronger, the more you use it. Remember to be grateful for your gifts and the things you are learning about them. They are uniquely YOU. :)
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ooooh I can't wait to try it! I want to do a talisman for my necromantic abilities. I have them (past life and death-related entitities seem to be drawn to me) but I'm not quite sure what they are LOL. I hope this might be able to enlighten me a little! ^^

As for dark energy reading, I think I'm finally going to order one this month *-* I'm quite nervous and it's been long overdue! I wonder what they'll be able to uncover...
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Chrysopaelian
Patron Deities: Eris
Your favourite Demon?: Prince Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Definitely going to give this a shot. Thanks for the great study group activity, S.H.!
S̡̻͎̺͖̟̋̌͗͊̀͆͘͡t̵̥̬̜͍̥̽̅̒́͋̊̍͞o̩̻̪̣͚̘͓̳̰̯̎̍̄̈́̕͘l̷̞͔͓̭̹͖̳̅̅̃̂͐ơ̛̛̱̩͇͍͈̫̖͋͗̅̍̂́͢s̢̡̺̖̯̱̮̼̠̪̾̿͆̄́̅̅̿̀̾ Ŕ͉̫̩̟̪̳̀̑͛̇̓͢͢͠ͅa̵̗̯̭͓̘̞̜̓̓̐̀̑̏̾̾̕͘m͍͈͔̯͌̌̎̒̄́̍͟e̛̮̻͈͕̭̲͛̀̊͂̕͟͞c̴̱͖̰̠̤͉̥̣̲͛̅͗̿̀͊͊̈̐̐͟ v̬͉̞̜̺͚͒̒̓͂̉́͒͑̇͘͟i̭̰̰̥͑̏̏̀͛͟͟͞ả̸͈͇̻̦̱̿̾̾͐͌̌͟ṡ͙̙̝̯͎̩͂̃̒̕͜͢ă͍͔̟͇̞̣̩͈̪̎̆̃̆͟ ơ̴̤̰͎̲̬̙̺̪̋̑͛͡ṉ̵̡̧̖͆̓̊̌̄͜ c̸̛̹͙̗̮̻̾̎̀͌̄͜ȃ̶̡̡̹̬̞͖̼́̉̄͞͠
user567
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Dear Satan's Hellcat,

I really appreciate your posts. However, would you please post with paragraph spaces in the text body. It is very difficult to read otherwise, especially on a small screen.

Thank you!
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Peace888 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 am
Dear Satan's Hellcat,

I really appreciate your posts. However, would you please post with paragraph spaces in the text body. It is very difficult to read otherwise, especially on a small screen.

Thank you!
I'm so sorry! I never even thought of that! I will try to remember for future communications. :p
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”