Sensory Grounding and Energy Work

A Place to practise and Learn together as a community. Post exercises and share results!

Moderator: Akelta

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

In a conversation on Discord, a member mentioned that when they ground, they physically feel their roots growing. This is actually something that I think everyone could benefit from, so I decided I would write something on the topic.

Scientifically speaking, we have a lot more than five senses, and that list is growing daily. However, for the purpose of this exercise I'm going to stick with the five physical senses that most people know well.

The first sense, probably the best sense for this exercise, is the sense of touch.

From other posts, and from Akelta's PDF on the subject, you should already know how to ground and center. For this exercise, I want you to try to ground and center, but feel it happen physically. If you use the imagery of growing roots, I want you to try and feel those physical roots, pushing into the earth. Whatever imagery you use to ground, whatever element you ground into, I want you to work on physically sensing that attachment, and the benefits you gain from it. Because the purpose of grounding is to release old or used energy, sink excess energy, and draw energy into you from another source, so that your working doesn't take so much out of you, when you are working on feeling the physical sensation of your attachment to your chosen ground, try to feel those things happening.

Pay attention not only to your "roots," but also to your physical body. What changes happen to the rest of you? How does grounding feel to you physically?

Move on to the other senses when you feel you've got a decent grasp on this. Work to smell changes, or taste them. Try to see them. Try to hear them. Touch is going to be the easiest, I think, but the others might give you some interesting experiences.

How can this be used in energy work? This is quite simple... developing psychic and energetic connections with your physical senses will broaden your awareness, developing your psychic abilities further. Using physical senses in your magick will deepen the magick, and the subsequent effects of it, because you are no longer just working in the astral and spiritual worlds, but also in the physical. Your energy work will, therefore, have a much more immediate effect.

Let me know how this goes for you. I'm curious.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Mellowsloth29
Patron Deities: Astaroth
Your favourite Demon?: Still deciding
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

My experience while trying this exercise was a good one. When I started to imagine roots pushing out and spreading out and news one's coming I can feel vibrations all around my root chakra.
Mist
Patron Deities: Freyja, Fenrir

Using the "roots" imagery was extremely helpful - I was able to really ground myself with this technique. Thank you!
I threw myself to the wolves, only to learn of the tenderness of their howl, and the loyalty in their blood. ~Isra Al-Thibeh

Profile picture by LAS-T
ImpQueen
Patron Deities: closed
Your favourite Demon?: Belial/Ipos/Seere
Number of Demon Familiars: 35

Bump
"Be nice, for the moment you stop people will not believe the nice anymore. So be Nice until you can't be nice anymore, then destroy them."

“You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs."
No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble.
Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?" - Patton Oswalt
Blckmagickx
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Bump. Nice exercise. I'll try it out.

Return to “Study Groups and Community Exercises”