View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:45 am

Satan and Sons Store     The Chat Room     Demon Encyclopedia     Satan and Suns Blog     Twitter     Facebook     Newsletter 

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Creating Accounts for Banned Members 
Site Admin

Number of Demon Familiars: 0
We have been receiving messages from different people that a member who was banned has been approaching them in order to have them make fake accounts and even offering them money to make this happen.  We would like to make this transparent and advise against these actions.  The fact is that this person was banned for a reason, and it was not a light decision.  We are very forgiving to the point that we have been accused of not taking enough actions, but in this case action had to be taken to protect the energy of the forum and also the members who post here.  

The forum registers all activity and we have caught various IP addresses that have been trying to make this person an account.  It is not hard to spot patterns and algorithms.  Also, if they do get through, when they post we will be able to see that it is them.  This situation is futile and is honestly just a huge waste of time for everyone involved.  

The fact is... this person was banned for breaking the rules of the forum repeatedly,  they argued with the moderation team and told us flat out they were not going to listen to us.

They accused us of being racist, which is slander and a bannable offence.

They accused us of not being fair and playing favourites when we gave them many chances.

They were caught talking poorly about Akelta and all of the S&S staff behind our backs, which apparently they still are doing.  We have screen shots and concrete evidence which shows their actions.  We did not base this decision on hearsay. 

They were bullying and going after other members and were creating a very disruptive atmosphere on the forum.  Even this is a form of abuse.  We have set a boundary and they are not respecting it.  They are trying to bypass the rules of this forum and the decision of the moderation team.    

At the end of the day there was a reason that they were banned,  we have every right to protect the energy of the this forum and also the mental wellbeing of the moderators and staff.  We do not have to be subjected to this level of abuse.  We have been harassed with emails, we have been threatened, we have been slandered and if you are going to assist this person in getting back in, then that responsibility will fall on you too.  We already have a list of IP addresses that have been registered to new accounts from this person.

If you are unaware of what has happened and wish to come forward and tell us that you registered an account for a person and what the Username was, we will not hold it against you.  At the end of the day we all just want to move on from this and enjoy the holidays with our families.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
SINNER of the month

Patron Deities?: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17
I would like to say that I support Akelta and the entire SNS staff in this matter. This person not only stepped over the line, but ran a mile past it! It was a sad thing, but it HAD to be done! The energy of this person is such that they would have continued to affect the forum negatively, and it was a necessary thing to remove them. It was a sad realization for me. I tried to help this person, and so did SNS. I thank them for that! Let it go. Do not be fooled into thinking that this person was banned unfairly. Thanks.

"Our Gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them over a millennia ago. They were more trouble than they were worth." (Worf, Klingon warrior)

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

" And it's so easy when you're Evil! This is the life, you see. The Devil tips his hat to me. I do it all because I'm Evil. And I do it all for free. Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!" (Lord Evil via Voltaire)

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Patron Deities?: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Satan
Number of Demon Familiars: 3
Eh you guys gotta do what you gotta do.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm

becareful with VPN, they mask IP adresses.
better contact the member creatinng accounts for banned person too before banning them

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 pm

Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Belial, Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 69
We appreciate everyone's support in this :grouphug: thank you guys

Darth Moronius wrote:
becareful with VPN, they mask IP adresses.
better contact the member creatinng accounts for banned person too before banning them

Thank you Darth, I have a background in IT and the moderation team is double checking each new account made for IP addresses and other red flags. We have caught the things they have tried and are keeping an eye out for more... we've also caught other people making accounts for them. We haven't banned anyone yet, except the person who initially broke the rules and continues to harass us. We hoped by announcing this that people would stop and not make accounts for banned members as we really don't want to ban people.

:tentangry:

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Your favourite Demon?: Incubi/succubi
yeah I was messaged over facebook like a day ago by this lady named Velle Powell. She was telling me about how her and her brother had joined accounts and he got banned so then she was too. She offered money but *chuckle* hell if I know anything about IP addresses. I don't know her in anyway shape or form but maybe this information might help? :devilsecret:
Dark Blessings.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Number of Demon Familiars: 1
How sad that this post was necessary.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]