Demons and dancing

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

This is probably a silly post, but I am interested in a serious, factual, answer for experienced board members. Do DC's, in general, like to dance?
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

My Blue Hellborn, Bane, likes to dance, and my Lowborn BFM Journey LOVES to dance! Rune offered to jitterbug with me once...pass! :P
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Vixen

Just like people I would say it depends on the demon... for the most part, because of their darker energy, they seem to have the potential to be more in touch with, and to hold a greater appreciation towards, the essence of what dance represents. They are often more attuned to their body and its rhythms as a whole, which is an awareness that lends itself well to the art. But these proclivities as borne out of their darker energy do not guarantee they will want to dance; they may have other interests that revolve around bodily expression such as combat, acrobatics, etc where they are able to release that physical energy freely. Some of them may enjoy it more than others, some of them may be quite proficient at it...it's a personal thing, it bleeds very much into the demons individual expression so I wouldn't consider it a product of rank or status, etc.

One must also consider the lack of- or lesser- inhibitions demons hold when it comes to expressing things like that; as opposed to all the funky human hangups people have in regards to freely moving their body and giving rise to all the primitive sensations within. There is no shame, it just is what it is. Some may gravitate towards it more as a personal artform while others may consider it, for themselves at least, exclusively a form of social exchange that they may or may not dabble in, while others may just dance for the hell of it without a care in regards to how they look or seem, dance just to dance just to dance. It's chaotic abandon, soothing for the soul..

It is something that is innate to all of us, some of us just choose to release it and express it more freely. So yes, it depends on the individual and their relationship to it; where they have chosen to take it.
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
Passchendaele

Vixen wrote:Just like people I would say it depends on the demon... for the most part, because of their darker energy, they seem to have the potential to be more in touch with, and to hold a greater appreciation towards, the essence of what dance represents. They are often more attuned to their body and its rhythms as a whole, which is an awareness that lends itself well to the art. But these proclivities as borne out of their darker energy do not guarantee they will want to dance; they may have other interests that revolve around bodily expression such as combat, acrobatics, etc where they are able to release that physical energy freely. Some of them may enjoy it more than others, some of them may be quite proficient at it...it's a personal thing, it bleeds very much into the demons individual expression so I wouldn't consider it a product of rank or status, etc.

One must also consider the lack of- or lesser- inhibitions demons hold when it comes to expressing things like that; as opposed to all the funky human hangups people have in regards to freely moving their body and giving rise to all the primitive sensations within. There is no shame, it just is what it is. Some may gravitate towards it more as a personal artform while others may consider it, for themselves at least, exclusively a form of social exchange that they may or may not dabble in, while others may just dance for the hell of it without a care in regards to how they look or seem, dance just to dance just to dance. It's chaotic abandon, soothing for the soul..

It is something that is innate to all of us, some of us just choose to release it and express it more freely. So yes, it depends on the individual and their relationship to it; where they have chosen to take it.
You can put me in the "Chaotic abandon" category. Just to dance...and "soothing for the soul" captures it perfectly. I asked because, well, I wondered. It is something important to me, it doesn't have to hold the same importance to DC, there are many, MANY other things I would like to share with a DC. If dancing happened to be one of them, cool. If not, that's fine too. It's like, would you end a friendship if you discovered your friend didn't like dancing as much as you? Of course not! There is too much else going on in the relationship.

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

Nefer
Your favourite Demon?: I have a few
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Passchendaele wrote:This is probably a silly post, but I am interested in a serious, factual, answer for experienced board members. Do DC's, in general, like to dance?
I agree with Vixen, it depends on the entity. All have different personalities and interests, just as we do. Though some over lap and are similar to another, just not quite the same. All beings same some level of uniqueness to them. Some more than others ^^ :devilparty:
The power of the universe lies within. "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~Roald Dahl
Vixen

Passchendaele wrote: You can put me in the "Chaotic abandon" category. Just to dance...and "soothing for the soul" captures it perfectly. I asked because, well, I wondered. It is something important to me, it doesn't have to hold the same importance to DC, there are many, MANY other things I would like to share with a DC. If dancing happened to be one of them, cool. If not, that's fine too. It's like, would you end a friendship if you discovered your friend didn't like dancing as much as you? Of course not! There is too much else going on in the relationship.

Yes, exactly! I know for me personally; I am a dancer, here-there-everywhere in ways that are rooted to and extend from my own demonic energy-- coloring my humanity so uniquely, so it is something I am extremely passionate about and seek to express ALLLLL the time, lol I can never stop moving! I know some of my companions will often dance around with me, some of them will just watch. Either way they enjoy it... it is an expression of our inner vitality. I am sure even if your companions weren't to join in they would still have a wonderful time seeing you expressing yourself so freely like that, and them watching like that and learning about your inner rhythms can be considered a form of bonding and energetic exchange in and of itself.

Art forms, no matter how developed they may be, are like children, your companions extend that same level of love and care as they would your own kin to seeing you nurture and develop that passion; whether explicitly or implicitly, it lives inside you.
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
Passchendaele

Vixen wrote:
Passchendaele wrote: You can put me in the "Chaotic abandon" category. Just to dance...and "soothing for the soul" captures it perfectly. I asked because, well, I wondered. It is something important to me, it doesn't have to hold the same importance to DC, there are many, MANY other things I would like to share with a DC. If dancing happened to be one of them, cool. If not, that's fine too. It's like, would you end a friendship if you discovered your friend didn't like dancing as much as you? Of course not! There is too much else going on in the relationship.

Yes, exactly! I know for me personally; I am a dancer, here-there-everywhere in ways that are rooted to and extend from my own demonic energy-- coloring my humanity so uniquely, so it is something I am extremely passionate about and seek to express ALLLLL the time, lol I can never stop moving! I know some of my companions will often dance around with me, some of them will just watch. Either way they enjoy it... it is an expression of our inner vitality. I am sure even if your companions weren't to join in they would still have a wonderful time seeing you expressing yourself so freely like that, and them watching like that and learning about your inner rhythms can be considered a form of bonding and energetic exchange in and of itself.

Art forms, no matter how developed they may be, are like children, your companions extend that same level of love and care as they would your own kin to seeing you nurture and develop that passion; whether explicitly or implicitly, it lives inside you.
It is, for me, the apex of being incarnate, of being "in the world" The connection between body and soul is felt, really felt, in dancing. Your Life Force as a work of art! It is not a coincidence that I can go into deep trance so easily when I dance. I am ALWAYS seeking rhythm, ALWAYS. Dancing to the rhythm of a washing machine, that "noisy" box fan in the bedroom window or the ceiling fans on a hot summer's day. The rhythm of traffic, the rhythm of runners along the bike path down by the river, It's there in a thousand different ways every day.

William Butler Yeats

Casanova

Some of mine like to dance, we dance together. Dancing is a huge part of my life.
Darth Moronius

oh strange, my friend tell me of kagura dance last week, ritaul dance :)devil:

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”