your patron

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Gaylani

In what ways do you suggest to begin searching out patron deities on the lhp?

Where are good places for research to see who resonates and speaks to you the most?

Thank you :devilthumbs:
“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

"If scientists as a whole denounce an idea, this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd; rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny." --Brian David Josephson
Syriana
Patron Deities: Hecate,Loki,Bune
Your favourite Demon?: All of my guys
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

When I discovered Hecate it was by some divine coincidence. :devillove: I was reading and exploring one day,stumbled across a website dedicated to her and I knew in my heart and soul I had come to the right place for a reason. I was drawn to her SO BAD...I begged her for her attention for an entire week,lighting candles and praying to her (The Crone) for a couple hours a day.

The Dark Goddess will come to you when she is good and ready- IF she even does- I have read that she is picky...so when she did,I was so happy I could have wept. :cloud:

I have interacted a little with Isis and Anubis,they did so per my request as I am infatuated with the Egyptian Immortals and the ways people worshiped and honored them. Through interaction with Isis,Imohtep said he was waiting to work with me,too (that was a complete surprise :lol: ).

I have asked Osiris to grace me with his time,but I am still waiting. I am patient people. :lol:

Loki came to me when I asked Hecate to grace me with herself. That blew me out of the water...I knew nothing about him,nor have I ever felt a calling to work with him. She and Him are always together in my dreams when they tell me riddles or hints of things I need to figure out. I have since ordered a binding of Loki- I feel it necessary now. :D

Really crazy together- those two. :lol: Very interesting combination. ;)

The point of my ramblings? When I started working with Isis- the first patron I chose- the rest fell in place or sought me out from the other end.

Everything just comes together. :devilthumbs:
~Bury all your secrets in my skin. Come away with innocence and leave me with my sins.~ Slipknot,"Snuff" :possessed:

Zelda

I searched every site I could find and read up on all the deities, mostly Greek, Roman and Celtic, but nothing clicked. I didn't feel comfortable randomly picking one, so I just tried to connect with Universe, and god and goddess in a more generic way, although I wasn't feeling it. Anubis came through to me one day out of the blue, and proceeded to pester me for six months before I finally accepted him. (My resistance was due to not understanding how we could be of use to each other and not about him personally. I was always fascinated by Anubis and I didn't want to be a fangirl.) He was never pushy or aggressive, just very persistent. And always there...

A few months after Anubis opened the door, Set came blazing through and I immediately accepted him. I had no problem with him and, after Anubis got through with me, I didn't want another six months of Set being in my face. As it turns out, Set has been a wonderful, patient, loving patron and I've grown to love him dearly. :devillove:

Once I opened my self up, they came through to me, so maybe if you relax and put it out there that you're wanting to connect to your patrons, they will come to you. Look for signs - animals, their names or images showing up in songs, on TV, internet, etc. Once they decide to connect with you, you'll see them everywhere.
Syriana
Patron Deities: Hecate,Loki,Bune
Your favourite Demon?: All of my guys
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

MagicWand-a wrote:Thanks for sharing your stories and adelphia thank you for that wonderful list!
I've never had anyobe come at me like you guys are describing.
I'm beginning to think I'm unconnectable lol

Pfffft! I thought I was too for awhile...Hecate and Loki blew that theory out of the water.

It'll happen,love. :devilclap: When it's time,it'll make your head spin. :D
~Bury all your secrets in my skin. Come away with innocence and leave me with my sins.~ Slipknot,"Snuff" :possessed:

Gaylani

thanks for the input guys..
Adelphia wrote:Hey Emzy, there are any number of dark immortals who you can work with as a patron on the LHP. Dark Paganism of course is a LHP-practice, there are many dark pagan gods and goddesses who immediately come to mind as potential dark patrons, from various traditions.

Anubis
Lilith
Horus
Osiris
Isis
Hecate
Tezcatlipoca
Dark Celtic Immortals
Kali
Hades
Prometheus

and the list goes on... You probably already know of many, and maybe you are already friends with or admirers of a few. Feel free to ask any questions about deities, demons and immortals you are looking into. Many of them are dark, but there are a few who are just a bit too much on the light side to want to be involved in dark magick and workings.

and thank you for this so much Adelphia! last night i read through a list of celtic immortals and there were a few that peaked my interest but i didn't feel drawn to any of them.

but also in the past i found a site dedicated to Hecate i think it was called hecate's cauldron and immediately drawn to her.
kali also.
bast maybe too.
and i feel like lilith would really help my feminine strength if she ever decides to grace our household with her presence.

i will start reading on some of the others you have listed. i do feel a connection to the Egyptian immortals and was very drawn to a necklace on listia a few years ago that i bought that has a beautiful metal pendant on the end of Horus.

it will come together.. i'm struggling right now with so many things and need to wade through so i'm not blind to their signs if and when they show up here.
“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

"If scientists as a whole denounce an idea, this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd; rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny." --Brian David Josephson
BravoOmega8

Is Baphomet part of the list?
Andreeje
Patron Deities: Hecate, Sepheranz, Lucifer, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas, Arkos, Anima Sola
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

I've had this happen a few times. Woke up one day recently with the name Marbas going through my had non stop, I recognized him from the Goetia and looked him up. Turns out his specialty is mechanics and metallurgy, which was great because I was preparing to take my written and practical tests for journeyman machinist.

Another time, several months ago, I was on the Internet looking at Harley parts when a name came to me in my head, Balor. Closed the Harley site and looked it up. Turns out he is the king of the ancient Irish deities called the Fomorians. Haven't done much with this one yet, but plan to in the next couple of weeks. Had to do some research first, and there wasn't much out there on these guys.
Xanthia
Patron Deities: Artemis
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

I have been chosen by Artemis, but as ive been learning Artemis she has many other names. She is also of the moon.

" The Moon is “the goddess with three forms”:Selene in the sky, Artemis on Earth, and Hecate in the lower world, the world above cloaked in darkness. The Moon’s phases reflect these forms. As the new Moon she is the maiden-goddess Artemis, always new and virginal, reborn and ready for the hunt. As the waxing Moon, increasing in fullness, she is the fertile mother-goddess, pregnant with life. And as she wanes to darkness, she is the wise crone or witch Hecate, knowing the magical arts, with the power to heal or transform. The many faces of woman and of the changing Moon are displayed through Artemis, Diana, Cynthia, Selene, Luna, Phoebe and Hecate."

I know I'm the child of the moon, not much into the daylight,lol, but i've been wondering with the many changes of name, can one goddess be all of them? And does being chosen make my choices limited in choosing a Patron?
“Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” Marilyn Monroe
BravoOmega8

Someday soon, I wish to connect with Hades.
Kei

This thread is fascinating to me. :devilooo: I can't say any patron in particular has "chosen" me right now. Although, admittedly at the moment I'm still kind of reluctant to search for any kind of deity. As crazy as it sounds, having come away from a lifetime of manipulation bordering on religious abuse, I'm just not ready for a patron to take me under their wing yet.

But I know that saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will show up with a watch and say 'What took you so long?'" :P
"There is hope in this world. Certainly, there is.
However, reality is far more cruel than you can imagine.
That's why you must become stronger." --Yoshimoto Koya, Family Game

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”