Recommendations for LHP newbie?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

DarkIllumination

Hello everyone,

My name is Soren and I am an LHP newbie :)

In my heart of hearts this is where I belong. Deep inside me there grows an unyielding yearning for knowledge and wisdom. Such that is denied by our supposed god. Everyday I try to learn and grow more spiritually.

Wondering, what books / materials can you recommend on learning more LHP? There one book that starts at a more basic level?

:Ddevil:
Syriana
Patron Deities: Hecate,Loki,Bune
Your favourite Demon?: All of my guys
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Adelphia wrote:Hey Soren,
Honestly I recommend a LHP newbie read all they can get their hands on.
Sorry I do not have a reading list beyond the resources I have shared scattered in the forum - I share what I can when I can and have a ton of book references, but it is something that has been personal to my own learning and not like a flat out reading list that I can put together, so I share them in a natural way, usually, when I am writing essays or quoting sources. There are so many great books, but I never heard of an intro to the LHP kind of book...

Oh yes,I agree 110%...read. I google stuff every single day,sometimes all afternoon. If it looks interesting,I read about it. I searched everything I could find about demons and Lucifer and Satan. All of the dark patrons...

Open yourself up and explore. Here is a link of a bunch of free ebooks I found,I have read through a lot of them. Should last you awhile. :devilthumbs:

http://darkbooks.org/collection/categories.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Bury all your secrets in my skin. Come away with innocence and leave me with my sins.~ Slipknot,"Snuff" :possessed:

Nightraven14
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Satan and Ba'al
Your favourite Demon?: DDQ "A"
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Thank you for the reading list Syri. I love reading! :devilread:
Phil

"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fails, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way" - Elvis
Terror
Your favourite Demon?: Fallen angels

Check out the Ordo Draconis site... there is a banner at the top with a link to a book by Thomas Karlsson. Should be an excellent starting point.

http://www.dragonrouge.net/english/general.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a bit leery about the crap you find on Amazon. There is so much misinformation out there... but the Ordo Draconis is a legit LHP order... I'd like to study with them or with the Order of Phosophorus.. I may go with the latter.
Terror
Your favourite Demon?: Fallen angels

Terror wrote:Check out the Ordo Draconis site... there is a banner at the top with a link to a book by Thomas Karlsson. Should be an excellent starting point.

http://www.dragonrouge.net/english/general.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a bit leery about the crap you find on Amazon. There is so much misinformation out there... but the Ordo Draconis is a legit LHP order... I'd like to study with them or with the Order of Phosphorus.. I may go with the latter.
http://www.society.kosmic-gnosis.org/darkdoc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excerpt:

The exploration of the nightside tree is closely associated with the path of the soul which is the path of ecstasy. Opposed to the spirit-ual path of self-denial and escapismas expressed by the sephirothic ascend presided over by Jahwe as a representative for all, especially abrahamic, orthodox monotheisms, the dark path represents the cult of the kosmic resurrection. The daemonic powers of the soul coupled with tools of sexual magic and esoteric ecstasy allow us to engage in a transformation which leads to a kosmic symbiosis with the powers of the World-All while at the same time retaining a Luciferian separation which allows us to become world creators. To the adept of the Left Hand Path in its Eastern or Western expression, the existence of bliss is useless unless it can be relished. He would never desire to lose his individuality through extinction within bliss but aims to relish the nectar of supreme bliss. If there is no relishment of it in the state of emancipation, any approach into this direction would be futile and any effort worthless. At the summit of attainment on the dark path we find ourselves in symbiotic contact with the divine, or Brahma, Paramatma and Bhagavan while at the same time keeping our individuality.
BravoOmega8

I have bookmarked the links for me to peruse all of them. :-) Thanks everyone.
Gaylani

Great thread. I love reading as well!! Thank you,
“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke

"If scientists as a whole denounce an idea, this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd; rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny." --Brian David Josephson
swelfordrn@gmail.com

I dont know how I missed this thread when I first arrived. I have been a practising Pagan for over 15 yrs. The past couple years I have been drawn to the LHP. I have read some but have only in the past month decided to dedicate myself. So I started my dedication with a ritual 3 nights ago and I plan to culminate it all tonight on Samhain. I am going to try a Hecate invocation. I hope everyone has a wonderful and Blessed Samhain!
daughterofSatan
Patron Deities: Lord Satan
Your favourite Demon?: Bael
Number of Demon Familiars: 100

If your path is Orthodox/Traditional Satanism I recommend The Devil's Bible by Myrmydon Pontifex Maximus who is founder of the Cathedral of the Black Goat and Satanism: A Beginner's Guide to the Religious Worship of Satan and Demons Volume I: Philosophy by Brother Nero. Both are great books!!!
From The Devil's Advocate(1997)

John Milton(Satan): Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!
Kevin Lomax: What are you?"

John Milton: Oh, I have so many names...

Kevin Lomax: Satan.

John Milton: Call me Dad.
fire083
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

darkbooks.org is a good resource for many different book on a variety of subject.
All my freestyle dancing is basically magic.
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”