Starting out Working with Demons and Spiritual Practises

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

A beginners question:

I am very interested in working with/ acquiring a demon companion...but, in reading many of the Very Useful articles here I'm thinking that it would be Very Prudent to work on some “foundation skills” (grounding, shielding, ect.) and have those skills second nature before deciding to enter a relationship with a demon. Not because the relationship itself requires that level of “safety”, but, well, there is a lot of "stuff" out there one can bump into without really meaning to.

Where I live there are stories in the local paper that pop up with distressing regularity about folks who hold rather romantic notions about the wilderness areas hereabouts. This leads them to do Very Dangerous things like, heading off into the Pristine Wilderness with a change of clothes, a summer sleeping bag, a K-mart tent and about 45 minutes worth of food...and no water.

They usually end up getting eaten by bears. Mother Nature doesn't care At All about "romantic notions of the wilderness." Those with a solid knowledge of wilderness trekking not only survive, they have a great time, not least because they know what to do if they run into bears.

With that in mind...What would you advise as a good starting point to building this "foundation?"
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Akelta
Goddess of the Void
Patron Deities: Satan, Lucifer, Mammon, Azazel, Andras, Paimon, Leviathan, Unsere, The Family
Your favourite Demon?: Tiger, High Prince H, Bear, Oblivion, Quasar, Prince V, Venom, Cadaver, My Family
Number of Demon Familiars: 66

Passchendaele wrote:A beginners question:

I am very interested in working with/ acquiring a demon companion...but, in reading many of the Very Useful articles here I'm thinking that it would be Very Prudent to work on some “foundation skills” (grounding, shielding, ect.) and have those skills second nature before deciding to enter a relationship with a demon. Not because the relationship itself requires that level of “safety”, but, well, there is a lot of "stuff" out there one can bump into without really meaning to.

Where I live there are stories in the local paper that pop up with distressing regularity about folks who hold rather romantic notions about the wilderness areas hereabouts. This leads them to do Very Dangerous things like, heading off into the Pristine Wilderness with a change of clothes, a summer sleeping bag, a K-mart tent and about 45 minutes worth of food...and no water.

They usually end up getting eaten by bears. Mother Nature doesn't care At All about "romantic notions of the wilderness." Those with a solid knowledge of wilderness trekking not only survive, they have a great time, not least because they know what to do if they run into bears.

With that in mind...What would you advise as a good starting point to building this "foundation?"
This is a very good lesson on preparedness. I live next to the mountains and often have taken off to go hiking in the forest. It is important to have a basic understanding of where I am going, what to do if I run into a wild animal, having a plan and a base understanding is always important. I am no where near a wilderness survivalist but I can manage walking through the woods. So it is good to have a foundation, but you don't have be a master, the same goes for having a demon companion.

It is true that there are a lot of things out there that can hurt you, but having a basic shield, and knowing how to ground and cleanse and ward will set up your foundation. Your demon companion can also help you learning your foundational skills and will even keep malicious forces away. I know when I was a child I had no idea about any of these things and my Demon Prince V, who is a Royal Demon Commander and Son of Satan, he chased them all away and protected me and helped guide me to resources in starting building my shield.

We have resources here to help people developing their spiritual foundation.

They can be found here.. http://satanandsuns.com/blog/satan-and- ... oundation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These mini booklets contain exercises to help you develop your spiritual foundation :)
Lover of Demons
Royal Demon Goddess
Darling of Sublime Romance
Daughter of Demonic Macabre

Walk with Satan in Shadow
Rise with Azazel in Potential
Dance with Lucifer Under the Moon
Kneel before Mammon's Throne
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias

It was those booklets, and your post, that got me thinking about it, that and folks pointing out that grounding wouldn't be a half-bad idea in my case.
It was (for me) very easy to lose the societal programming around "The Occult" And having been raised Catholic, there was rather a lot of it.

No small part of it was, "Oh, I'm supposed to fear "the devil" because, why? He'll do worse things to me than you did? Hardly possible."
The fact that they turned Satan into a comic book villain, and their own god into a comic book hero, It's all beyond absurd. They can't tell the truth about the Being they claim to love above all else, and we are supposed to believe their self-appointed "priests" when they mouth off about Satan?

"Satan..Yes....Um...Very Bad. Uh huh, verrrrry verrrrry bad. What's He like?...Well....um....He's like...sort of...a Very Large Negro who listens to rap music. And smokes crack. And Hell is kinda like the South Side of Chicago. Lots of Negros and rap music...and no White people."
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
User4445

There should be a sticky area or read this before you start section. I can confirm how
accurate you are from the smells and odd things happening. I wish I read this before I attempted anything.
Back to the drawing board with me.
Preston
Patron Deities: Pazuzu
Your favourite Demon?: Pazuzu

This is a great post for beginners like me, I am a few weeks away from performing my first ritual and even though I have read several books I am always charging for more knowledge, the booklets advised here will be of great help.
Thank you.
"Beware of getting rid of your demons, you may be getting rid of your best part"
"Be obedient to the spirits, that they will be obedient to you"

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”