War?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

eigrioch
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Does anyone know if there is a war waging between demons and angels? I don't identify demons as "evil" and extend that same philosophy to angels. I don't think they are inherently good. if that's the case what is the real difference between angels and demons? I've struggled with the idea of good and evil for a long time and have reached the point where they are not always so clear. I don't believe they have concrete definitions. only general ones. Thanks!
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know absolutely nothing." Socrates
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein
"The most rewarding path is the crooked one." Eigrioch
DoubleD
Patron Deities: Aranunna, Marduk, Anubis, Horus
Your favourite Demon?: Still Learning This

My belief on this is NO, I think the war is a monotheist construct to convince people that angels are good and demons are bad. I think they are just different spectrums of energy that share the cosmos, some get along, some don't. No different than people. Some factions are probably at war, some aren't

Peter Levenda said it best in his interview with Tracy Twyman "quoted"

tracy twyman states " In the sumerian worldview that is reflected in the Simon Necronomicon: The good gods are only good because they are not as bad as the "bad gods". The "bad gods" want to come and kill us and eat us, basically, and then the good gods are the ones that created us and sort of forgot about us. They don't answer our prayers unless we do something to wake them up.

Peter's Reply: Right, and isn't that an eloquent statement of our human condition at the moment. I mean, sometimes I wonder if maybe this whole "war between the forces of light and the forces of darkness is just Alien Vs Predator. I mean it's a plague on both your houses. Maybe for us, it's a question of just choosing sides. It's not a question of right or wrong. Maybe the spiritual forces are amoral, and maybe their morality is something beyond our understanding. Unless you really have a fine-tune sensitivity, who knows what's evil or good, or what's beneficial for the human race or not"

This is exactly how I have felt since I started on this path and after completing the Necronomicon two times. I don't believe this is good vs evil in the construct of human perception, but maybe a war over territory. It would make sense given how humans have been conquering each other since the beginning of time and we have these "alien" DNA strands within our very being.
eigrioch

DoubleD wrote:My belief on this is NO, I think the war is a monotheist construct to convince people that angels are good and demons are bad. I think they are just different spectrums of energy that share the cosmos, some get along, some don't. No different than people. Some factions are probably at war, some aren't

Peter Levenda said it best in his interview with Tracy Twyman "quoted"

tracy twyman states " In the sumerian worldview that is reflected in the Simon Necronomicon: The good gods are only good because they are not as bad as the "bad gods". The "bad gods" want to come and kill us and eat us, basically, and then the good gods are the ones that created us and sort of forgot about us. They don't answer our prayers unless we do something to wake them up.

Peter's Reply: Right, and isn't that an eloquent statement of our human condition at the moment. I mean, sometimes I wonder if maybe this whole "war between the forces of light and the forces of darkness is just Alien Vs Predator. I mean it's a plague on both your houses. Maybe for us, it's a question of just choosing sides. It's not a question of right or wrong. Maybe the spiritual forces are amoral, and maybe their morality is something beyond our understanding. Unless you really have a fine-tune sensitivity, who knows what's evil or good, or what's beneficial for the human race or not"

This is exactly how I have felt since I started on this path and after completing the Necronomicon two times. I don't believe this is good vs evil in the construct of human perception, but maybe a war over territory. It would make sense given how humans have been conquering each other since the beginning of time and we have these "alien" DNA strands within our very being.
that's what I figured personally, Thanks.
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know absolutely nothing." Socrates
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein
"The most rewarding path is the crooked one." Eigrioch

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”