Self Responsibility as a Stepping Stone

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Vixen

On any path, but especially as demonosophers, we should keep in mind that there is a key foundation of character that determines whether we progress or our path or whether we continue cycling through manipulative games, showmanship, egoic mental masturbation, and adolescent acts of rebellion. In all cases, let us have the courage to look honestly at ourselves and where we are, to move through the following post with a mirror turned inwards instead of a finger pointed outwards at some source of blame. The demons remind us that we must take responsibility, they they are not here to lessen the blow of this life but to show us how to move through it in our best interest. Life and development is not something to hide from, to cower from, to shrink from when it graces the rawness of our delicate skins, it is something to be embraced fully in all of its horrifying dimensions no matter what places or states of mind it takes us to. Demons will not hide you from this, and though they will be the ones who lead you out of the dark, they will also lead you into it when it is necessary.

What I don't like to see, and I really don't like it, are the games...and I'm not talking about cutesy little forms of hide and seek where all is well and good and fun, I am talking about the games that involve deceit, sometimes known, sometimes unknown, that incorporate and pull the demons into these webs to be used as pawns of manipulation. First of all--they are independent beings, their agenda does not revolve around you and all that this forum brings forth to you, they have a much wider grasp of reality, one not limited by the boundaries we, as humans, willingly erect. Show some humility towards them. Do not treat them like beings of servitude.

And you may shrink back in horror when someone even mentions such a thing, 'BLASTING RODS? NEVER!!!' but you don't realize the many ways in which you, psychologically, are holding them, or what they have the potential to be to you, hostage to your internal constructs. And this is why, anyone who walks this path...if they seek to move forwards, must have the ability to move into the realm of shadow work. This is not said to scare you, it is just a matter of growing up, becoming psychologically well rounded, and maturing into an adult. If that is not something you are interested in doing I suggest you retreat to whatever psycho-adolescent community you can find and prepare to live a life shelled in by your own shit. And this is not being harsh, this is being honest. We need not be afraid of truths, they push us deeper into ourselves. It is a process we must learn to embrace.

They are not your toys, they are not your ego adornments, they are not your measures of power. No matter how many you end up connecting with, if you refuse to do the work they offer you and to grow as a person you will remain as you have been, as you always have been. There are no shortcuts, there are elegant ways (when you release control), but there are never shortcuts. I do not appreciate seeing their essence reduced to something like a decoration for what you make your path out to be.

All of these are stories, that's all we can ever share on a forum, that's the only manner in which we can connect… Stories that we thread piece by piece, weaving our own fantasy of identity, and status, and path ever deeper into it all. Stories can be manipulated, stories can be blown out of proportion and distorted to unintelligible degrees. That is not the demons. And they will not save you from self destruction, or making an ass of yourself, if it is meant to teach you a lesson. Lessons are not simple, they are painful, grueling, and arduous. Don’t try to make yourself appear as anything but that which you are, and that which you are in the process of becoming, especially when it involves ‘incorporating’ the demons. I want to see the shit, the blood, the mess, I don't want to see perfect stories of marital bliss and happy happy good times that make you out to be amazing and special. I want to know that there is something powerfully raw stitching it all together, that you are growing as a person, even despite the pains.

And no, that will not always be the focus, we live our paths in balance. But to act as if you are free from such work, free from such introspection because you have X amount of demons on your side 'doing the work for you', is painting an illusion. The LHP as a whole is about cutting through illusions, do not expect it to last for long. Bubbles will be burst and stories, woven with such intricate care and attention to detail, will be burned to ashes to start anew. There is no need to be so hung up on the images you project, we are ever changing, dynamically moving through the fabric that our lives present us with, in a constant colorful flux. Own up to your shit and let yourself be transformed, or else continue to parade yourself as a fool, a jack ass, bearing your backside while bent over in complete ignorance as to the fact. But you feel the breeze don't you? You know it's there, but if you continue to stay bent over like that, in fear of acknowledging the truth, you'll never be able to pull up your pants. And....you see our problem with that.

I am sure many of you are familiar with the story of King Midas, he who thought it wise to have everything he touched turn to gold, to completely disregard that with constant gratification there is only death, that we need the polarities of dark and light, gold and mundane, in order to survive upon this plane. Now, what happens we take this anecdote and substitute gold with the gratification we get from 'having' demons? We just want more and more and more and more, until we are left starving in our own spiritual waste, not realizing that the sustenance was to be found in the work they could point us to and not in them themselves. And the shadow is continually neglected if we live in this castle of self importance, erected by false beliefs of 'chosenhood', 'specialness', etc, etc.

We forget that we have a role to play in this as well. They are not here to take care of us, to baby us into thinking we can have everything we want without lifting a finger, to cater to all of our false pretenses, to encourage our ignorance. No. That is not why they join us here. Oftentimes they want to help us overcome these bindings that limit us, but that can only occur through conscious collaboration, they will never push us into anything we are not ready for but you best believe there will be blood, sweat, and tears when called for. And that is not harsh, that is helpful, that is gracious, that is the way of the demonic divine. You want to play in darkness you must know that it has standards, systems, rules of executing it's directives....this is not chaos for the sake of chaos, it is an expertly articulated plan of strategy that looks far beyond our limited scope of perception into the grand web of things and takes into account all those minute fibers that must be addressed. You are not, and never will be, so big that you can do that all on your own, so do not try to speak for them...injecting human laden insights into the excuses you make up for yourself.

Humility is important. Respect is important. Realizing that your ego will get in the way, that this is only natural and human not something to beat yourself up for, and will come between you and the actual exchange many times. We can only realize our mistakes and move forward from here. Getting upset and brooding is not the way to go, holding onto grudges and continually blaming your own shortcomings on outside forces is not the way to go. You see, with the unseen that becomes reeeeallly easy, which is why we need to take into account all the necessary discernment needed to navigate a path like this. Self responsibility is most important. Just because you work with demons this does not grant you the freedom to do as you please, to be ensconced in a protective bubble free from acknowledging your own shit. In any case they will be the ones who...yes, tenderly...make you aware of the shit, through whatever source or trigger is necessary. This path is not meant to breed self entitlement and feeling as if you are free from owning up because you have 'guides' who will do it for you. That is anathema to everything this stands for.

And please, please, please be mindful of what you are projecting onto the demons. Some of it is very offensive to them, or otherwise just... not appealing. To their nature. ... They are sentient beings who exist outside of your conceptions of them, they don't need to do adhere to your fantasies or please and tickle your every desire.

Know where you come from, see through your bullshit. Have respect for those who have walked this path for a long time. Do not confuse sitting on a path stagnated by your own crusty illusions to walking the path and doing the work it takes to move forward, no matter how grueling. Understand your place, and realize you are not stuck there should you choose to change. It is in your hands, not your companions.
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Beautifully put. Goes into some stuff I was dealing with yesterday.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

All I can say to all this, is that the more demons you have, the more work you do. There are a LOT of things I work on, and have gone through that no one but me and my demons know or will EVER know! A lot of folks only see how many demons I have or how many DCs. Each of them represents an investment in money and TIME to me! It is not a free ride, and there are cheaper ego trips, to be quite honest! I agree with being respectful and with being honest with yourself and your demons. It is up to the individual how much they wish to share of their journeys with their companions here on the forum. It is an extremely private thing to me, and can be grim, joyful, sexual, and brutal even. As far as the Demons, I do not keep them or own them. They CHOOSE to be with me, knowing all my faults and problems! They are big boys and girls, and can handle the rough spots a lot better than we humans can. The door is always open, and they can back off and even back out if they must. Demons can misunderstand a human, too. The street goes both ways! They are teaching us to respect ourselves and also to command and DEMAND respect from others! It is a good thing. I thank them for that! No one has the right to mess with my mind or hurt me or disturb my life and mess with my loved ones! I'll turn away and walk in a New York minute, and they will be lucky if I do not sever an artery on the way out!
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

A resounding yes !

If one cannot even look in the mirror and ask oneself the questions that perturb them, then how should they hope to fare when the demonic divine asks them to answer?
What this path essentially revolves around is gnosis of the self, it's easy to forget that it begins and ends with you.. it's finding our own independent capacity for liberated power and wisdom that we can rule over ourselves, our spiritual direction and personal world. This does not ever, will not ever, come without extreme shadow confrontation and the capability to embrace and understand that the things you want the least may be what you are needing most.
It's not a path of bringing fantasy to life, it's a path of illuminating the greater reality.. bringing the genuine into being. Strip away illusion or champion it, you can only dissolve the barriers by knowing them intimately. The moment you think you're above that or you're going to cut across or avoid that it's yours to overcome, you've forfeited your strength and your will shrinks away.. this is the catatonia that marks permanent residence as prey of the abyss.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
elena.rose
Your favourite Demon?: hmm i dont have any yet
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Beautifully put vixen thank you for being honest :)devil:
Vixen

Red6joker wrote:Beautifully put. Goes into some stuff I was dealing with yesterday.
It was very much inspired by the recent energies, Azazel was the one who pushed me to address this and helped out with the construction of the post as it is a very tricky matter and one that can affect the vitality of this forum and our mission here, in this community as a whole but beyond that even.--I think it is a theme that is being all the more highlighted by the recent Scorpionic descent of Jupiter and Mercury into that sphere astrologically, and soon to be the Sun as well...reminding us that it's time to face that darkness and do something about it. Collectively, communally, as a spiritual community let us together hold hands and face our shit. Haha! It's great fun when we can make silly of it all and realize each one of us is essentially processing some variant of this painful darkness in different ways, different cycles... never any right or wrongs to the process. The more we can establish this system of support and understanding through this community, that it is okay to go to these places and own up to everything that has brought us shame, the stronger we will come out of it all. It is that much more potent when we link up through our issues, and establish the bonds that will allow us to flourish through them... and that is something that the demons can do for us in incredible ways.
Noctifera wrote:A resounding yes !

If one cannot even look in the mirror and ask oneself the questions that perturb them, then how should they hope to fare when the demonic divine asks them to answer?
What this path essentially revolves around is gnosis of the self, it's easy to forget that it begins and ends with you.. it's finding our own independent capacity for liberated power and wisdom that we can rule over ourselves, our spiritual direction and personal world. This does not ever, will not ever, come without extreme shadow confrontation and the capability to embrace and understand that the things you want the least may be what you are needing most.
It's not a path of bringing fantasy to life, it's a path of illuminating the greater reality.. bringing the genuine into being. Strip away illusion or champion it, you can only dissolve the barriers by knowing them intimately. The moment you think you're above that or you're going to cut across or avoid that it's yours to overcome, you've forfeited your strength and your will shrinks away.. this is the catatonia that marks permanent residence as prey of the abyss.

Exactly that! Layer after layer after layer, we must strip and strip and strip, away, away, away... all the mess we inherit as our kingdom of this earth. And yet it seems that it has become opposite the expression that has taken hold recently. To not strip, but instead paste, and paste, and paste...over the essence of reality. Moving further and further from our becoming and ever deeper into a voidal dystopia, as constructed out of paper mache daydreams and visions of sad, droopy fantasy turned malignant.
elena.rose wrote:Beautifully put vixen thank you for being honest :)devil:
it's so much more fun when we're all on the same page... it's just finding that page, and defining it, and cooooloring it that seems kinda funky at first. We'll get there!~
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

Very well written! However, mankind have worked with spirits since time immemorial, and there are many ways to work with spirits besides regarding them as mentors who will oversee your personal growth without spoiling you by making things easy. There are ways that are offensive to demonolators like Vixen mentioned about using a physical blasting rod or treating the demons with disrespect. Still there are other ways where you build up a relationship through regular offerings and ask for favors or straight out make a deal and bribe or hire a demon/spirit to achieve your goal since they do have powers to affect and change outcomes in our world, it's no different from hiring a fellow human professional to do a task that is not your expertise. Self growth is important, but we also don't need to feel like we must do everything on our own, it makes me sad to see someone who tries to shoulder everything alone in stoic silence. There is nothing wrong with seeking out a demon or spirit and arranging for their help in a fair manner, even allowing your loved ones (whether human friends and family or demon companions) to help you sometimes is a proof of your trust in them.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Vixen

Coffee Queen wrote:Very well written! However, mankind have worked with spirits since time immemorial, and there are many ways to work with spirits besides regarding them as mentors who will oversee your personal growth without spoiling you by making things easy. There are ways that are offensive to demonolators like Vixen mentioned about using a physical blasting rod or treating the demons with disrespect. Still there are other ways where you build up a relationship through regular offerings and ask for favors or straight out make a deal and bribe or hire a demon/spirit to achieve your goal since they do have powers to affect and change outcomes in our world, it's no different from hiring a fellow human professional to do a task that is not your expertise. Self growth is important, but we also don't need to feel like we must do everything on our own, it makes me sad to see someone who tries to shoulder everything alone in stoic silence. There is nothing wrong with seeking out a demon or spirit and arranging for their help in a fair manner, even allowing your loved ones (whether human friends and family or demon companions) to help you sometimes is a proof of your trust in them.
This is very true and you pose a good point, that is another way and there is no harm in doing it that way should that be your choice. The problems arise is when one wears the mask of 'personal development' all while still swimming around in their own waste, completely unwilling to take responsibility for their part in anything. In this case the demons, as a mental construct for the person involved, then become like a buffer between reality and self and it spirals into a grand delusion where the boundaries are way too blurred to get through and/or make any sort of sense. Like you mention we are capable of taking on noncommittal relationships with these beings and/or any other forces of the divine we may choose to work with, and this is a healthy expression of interaction...just like we don't become best friends with every human we meet, we delegate some to business, some to pleasure, and some to convenience. I just think that, as this is a relatively recent and fringe development in the occult community as a whole, with the relation of the 'companion/guide/mentor', there should be an accountability for what goes into the process. If that is what you are after there must be a certain level of awareness in regards to what you choose to get yourself into, and all the many ways in which it could be damaging your development if you are using them and the notion of all that they bring as safety nets to remain stagnated.

Thank you for bringing this up, it highlighted an important aspect ~
cotton candy delirium
...madness like sugar
sweetness
still dark
but colored
ravenous ecstasy
in cookies cream
simara
Patron Deities: Lilith, Samael
Your favourite Demon?: Lilith, Rashoon, Unsere, Vepar
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

A much appreciated post. The most dangerous thing anyone can do is use the LHP as a crutch for projections, many people suffer the fallout from this. These energies challenge the shadows, awakening sleeping giants. You have to be ready to face them. Many of us have seen what happens to people who don't adhere to this. They become ego driven, they change, they project superiority and that is when the darkness claims them.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are at chess the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious.

You think I'm just a doll. A doll that's pink and light. A doll you can arrange any way you like. You're wrong. Very wrong. What you think of me is only a ghost of time. I am dangerous. And I will show you just how dark I can be.
Harley Quinn

User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Coffee Queen wrote:Very well written! However, mankind have worked with spirits since time immemorial, and there are many ways to work with spirits besides regarding them as mentors who will oversee your personal growth without spoiling you by making things easy. There are ways that are offensive to demonolators like Vixen mentioned about using a physical blasting rod or treating the demons with disrespect. Still there are other ways where you build up a relationship through regular offerings and ask for favors or straight out make a deal and bribe or hire a demon/spirit to achieve your goal since they do have powers to affect and change outcomes in our world, it's no different from hiring a fellow human professional to do a task that is not your expertise. Self growth is important, but we also don't need to feel like we must do everything on our own, it makes me sad to see someone who tries to shoulder everything alone in stoic silence. There is nothing wrong with seeking out a demon or spirit and arranging for their help in a fair manner, even allowing your loved ones (whether human friends and family or demon companions) to help you sometimes is a proof of your trust in them.
I like this, and it gave me something to think about. My personal preference, which I do NOT push on others, is that if I am HIRING someone, I would like the best. So if I make a deal or pact with a demon, it is going to be with a Demon Lord, who has the power and knowledge and experience to help me. My own companions are here to learn from me and of me, while assisting me to learn and grow for the long term. Yes, they are guides and mentors, but help in all aspects of my life, and not just on one particular problem. To me they are FAMILY, and bonds of affection build and grow. I do not face things alone, because they are with me! I think it is possible to have a longer relationship with a Demon Lord, which would be a mentorship. It is more intense, and involves even more work.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”