Where to Acquire Ritual Tools and Offering Supplies

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Calin

Sorry I should have said I come from an Alexandrian wiccan background, which would explain the range of tools I mentioned. In my old coven we were strong on people making their own tools as much as possible too.
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Calin wrote:I make and grow as much of my own magical supplies as I can, with the exception of crystals, candles, resins and charcoal blocks. - these I find online at most pagan stores and the annual crystal fair we have here. While I learn new skills, I find that making your own also means you can forge the work with magic and intent. It does not detract from a bought and consecrated tool, but for me there is a strong connection and energy that can be found through making ones tools. Similarly I grow my own herbs and incenses for teas. There is something special about working magic with your own tools, or walking out the back door to cut a fresh piece of mugwort and lemon balm for tea.

I have made wands, pentacles, scourges, sigil pendant, athames, a table of practice, and am teaching myself to solder silver at the moment to be able to make rings of different sizes. I encourage people to have a go at making things where means and resources allow, and recognise not everyone has the space to grow plants or resources to buy tools - although much can be done with a sturdy knife and some foraging! I do think the spirits appreciate the work that you put into an item or offering that you make yourself and the bond is forged from inception.

I know you don't need as many tools for working with demons when approaching them respectfully rather than seeking to control them. I found Lord Satan likes me casting an elemental circle to balance the energy (no archangels at the quarters!!) when approaching him - I asked if he would prefer a simple approach, but he said he liked the ritual of it - as do I. S Connolly also conjours an elemental circle for her rituals. However a colleague on another forum has advised me when I approach Lucifuge not to cast any circle for he detests any control. As the essence of ever expanding darkness, this makes sense to me.
Calin, that's so cool!! :devillove: There's something special in making your own tools. You can customize it any way you want, and fill it with your own energies and intent... very cool for directing your energies in spellwork *-* I would really enjoy crafting my own tools. Hmm.... maybe that's what I need to do to do more spellwork. Maybe buying tools isn't enough for me. I really enjoyed making my own candles at a shop and choosing the colors and scents for Lord Babael and Goddess Astraea... it felt really special taking them home hehe :) really grateful and happy! I think making my own tools would have a similar feeling.
Thanks for the idea!!

Hopefully someday I'll also grow my own herbs and make oils from them :) so cool!!!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

So, when I buy incense, I usually buy resins, herbs, woods, etc - and blend my own if I need a blend. I almost never buy stick or cone incense (the exception with blended incense being Kyphii, which takes MONTHS to make and a lot of space, and so is just cheaper to buy).

I've already mentioned one company I use. The other company I use is Ink 'n' Scents, which is an etsy shop.

They, like Ethereal Aromas, came to our local Pagan Picnic yearly gathering, and just like EA, they travel the world finding the raw materials and the genuine products. They are also super knowledgeable about what various incense ingredients are useful for - elemental and planetary associations, alchemical uses, magickal and metaphysical properties, etc. REALLY great store.

Both stores have very similar packaging, both sell different breeds/varieties of resins etc., and both have excellent reputations because of the quality of their items.

Here's the link to Ink'n'Scents (the link to Ethereal Aromas is in my previous post). https://www.etsy.com/shop/inknscents
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”