Respect for the Knowledge of others….

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

Lokakisa wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 am
I have not seen objective proof to back up the things said here.
I have no illusions about my life.
Or is it an illusion that you have no illusions about your life?
And what if illusion itself is an illusion, and your illusions have their own illusions, their own mind?
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Noctua wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 am
Lokakisa wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 am
I have not seen objective proof to back up the things said here.
I have no illusions about my life.
Or is it an illusion that you have no illusions about your life?
And what if illusion itself is an illusion, and your illusions have their own illusions, their own mind?
I like this. Yeah!
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
VioletShirokuma
Number of Demon Familiars: 15

Wow. Not sure how I never came across this post. I'm currently sifting through every single thread on here to weed out information i find useful to me or that I "like" during this quarantine LOL~

This is worded soo well though!
You know I catch myself being hypercritical and judgmental at times of the ones I may deem X or Y (guilty of doing this hahahahaha), but I am learning to be a lot more receptive as others may have varying knowledge and experiences that I just never may have. I think the mentioning of the vibrational frequencies was very important. That really nuanced what you said well. People just have to learn to be very discerning and receptive. Just as applicable the other way around, I sometimes catch the feeling of underestimation from the ones that don't know me enough, I can only hope they have growing receptivity back! I find that when they ask questions more and more it really opens up the discussion better, and better understanding. I'm kind of going on a tangent. I just like this post a lot.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I know this post relates directly to this site, however I find it has a great crossover into family life and friendships. The truth is we are all guilty of the very thing we get upset about in others - that is the natural of the shadow self. Within family setting it is all too easy to snap at your child or partner for doing this that wrong, or not listening, thinking they know better - I do this more times then I'd like to admit, yet can I play the ps4 games as well as my children, can I fly an airplane etc etc

So what I am getting at is knowledge and not knowing are equally important that is how we grow - the hunger for knowledge. The reality is we have ourselves to admit not understanding something to be able to research and reach out to others to enable us to grow - we do that by respect!!!!

Respect the path some one else is on, respect we do not know everything (deflate that ego), respect we need to take a deep hard look at our shadow self etc.

So yeah - RESPECT.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Dragona
Patron Deities: Hecate

I think this thread is great. I'm not going to sound as wise and elegant with wording as others do but with what has been mentioned in the thread has been very agreeable to me.

I don't think a person can be knowledgeable about everything which to me, would include experiences and not just gathering information. Sure, a person can know a great deal on a particular subject and I find that person a great asset and a wealth of knowledge but that doesn't mean I'm going to rely solely on that one person for everything or just on that one particular topic because there could be something out there that one person didn't know and I may find it by going to other sources.

If there are two people who knows a great deal on the same subject, their personal experiences could be very different but also both valid. So, I think staying open to information is right for me and with experiences I would still have to discover what is right for me and just be willing to share that with others so they can determine what is best for themselves.
Ulala
Patron Deities: Anubis,Hades, Set, Lilith,Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, Lord Azazel, Marquess Marchosias, Prince Seere
Number of Demon Familiars: 7

Bumping this because I feel it’s important.

The unfortunate thing is I’ve personally found more people with a “this is why I’m better and more knowledgeable than you.” “No your wrong because this was my experience” Than people who are open and willing to discuss each other experiences.

Typically I see these turn into people arguing that their experiences are valid to one another and other people hopping in and picking a side.

I’ve experienced more of people wanting to argue and call each other idiots for having different experiences than being willing and open to learning about what others have been through.

I find it quite fascinating reading about other experiences, especially with beings I personally work with myself.

There’s also having a discussion, trying to teach/guide someone and talking down to somebody. I feel like sometimes people forget the difference.
JMoccult

RESPECT

It's all based on respect. If you don't agree with somebody on something, please do not be an idiot. If you want to say the things you don't agree, first of all be respectful, it doesn't matter if what you are saying makes more sense or it's right, the moment you are disrespectful, you have nothing important to say and you should stop, think what you just said and apologize. We all make mistakes, but please not being disrespectful.

And if you are not able to do it, just keep your opinions. The other person was trying to share an experience, it's their experience, we all have different ones. And what works fro you maybe doesn't work for them and vice versa.
EgoDestruction
Patron Deities: Nyx, Cernunnos, Bast, Hades, Loki, Hermes, Anubis, Set, and Sorath
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne and Solar

I really identify with this post and think people can be too critical of what they don’t understand or what they haven’t experienced themselves.

It’s not up to other people to prove you wrong or argue you around to their side. But it is up to you to have an open mind and take experiences as lessons. Too often people will be close minded because of the source... or because they think they know better. I mean seriously we need to stop judging each other and instead recognize that each path is different and each experience will be different too. I try really hard to approach life with acceptance and just try to find my beliefs but also be accepting of others.

Thank you guys for mentioning this because it’s so important.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”