Spirit Keeping: When to accept "Rehoming" as an option?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Nexus

So let me preface this thread by saying I'm avidly avoiding this option at all costs. I don't like the idea of rehoming a Spirit, nor do I think it's fair to the Spirit or myself for that matter (as frankly, that's like a hundred or more down the drain).

Still, I've been wondering about why others might consider this option seriously, and at what point they chose to throw in the towel in hopes that their friend would have a better connection somewhere else, and that for all they knew - they might even be just a stepping stone for that in the grand scheme of things.

I don't necessarily want to share too much information on my circumstance, as I feel a majority of my issues aren't related to my Spirit Companion and instead are related to my life circumstances. At the same time, the amount of distance, disregard, and sometimes even disdain or sheer sadness I feel from my Companion are beginning to make me feel as if I should look into why others have or would choose to rehome their companions. Mostly to make sure I don't make a choice I'll regret later down the line (months down) of things between me and my friend just don't get better.

So, I ask you guys, why have you rehomed a Spirit? How long did you wait...? What sorts of things did you try beforehand, and what were the circumstances that made you decide such a thing?

If you haven't rehomed a Spirit, would you ever consider it in the future if you have problems for months on end? What sorts of problems would make you consider it? What would be your personal breaking point?

Share as much or as little as you like.
Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic area, it seemed like the right place as it felt like a newbie question.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ishvala wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am
I don't necessarily want to share too much information on my circumstance, as I feel a majority of my issues aren't related to my Spirit Companion and instead are related to my life circumstances. At the same time, the amount of distance, disregard, and sometimes even disdain or sheer sadness I feel from my Companion are beginning to make me feel as if I should look into why others have or would choose to rehome their companions. Mostly to make sure I don't make a choice I'll regret later down the line (months down) of things between me and my friend just don't get better.
Watch out for projection.
If those are spirits you're talking about and not entities, those feelings are highly unlikely to come from them.
Spirits usually are really mellow concerning stuff like that, so some people tend to project their insecurities and expectations onto them.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Nexus

Aprophis wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am
Watch out for projection.
If those are spirits you're talking about and not entities, those feelings are highly unlikely to come from them.
Spirits usually are really mellow concerning stuff like that, so some people tend to project their insecurities and expectations onto them.
Yeah I've been in the community long enough to be aware of some of the more basic blunders. I think at this point, months in, I'm not projecting. At least, not feelings. I am trying to get an image of the Spirit but otherwise it's all just guess-work at best, and bad vibes at worst. Nothing feels concrete to me, as I'm always open to exploring the relationship. Wherever it leads.

None of that answers my original question though...have you ever rehomed a Spirit?
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I am going to have to say you're probably wrong if you don't think you're projecting at least a few of those feelings you're perceiving in the spirits. Months in doesn't make a difference, try years for most persons involved in the community whether they understand the basic blunders or not before they really understand how to not only discern their projections from what the spirits are conveying, but also learn to translate properly what the spirits are conveying.

It is highly unlikely you'd be experienced enough at this point to properly understand the energies they are bringing forward; these feelings of sadness/disdain/etc. you experience from them could be sourced from many places such as them empathizing with your own troubles. And that's only if I trust you're not being entirely blocked off from them by your personal issues.
I'm not saying that there aren't spirits who can have an attitude about your behavior, but I am saying that to expect aaaaallll of them are feeling aaallll of the same, damning things is impossible.

I have never in my life rehomed a spirit. First of all if I no longer wanted a spirit companion I'd release them, there's no reason to find them another home unless they expressly voice to me they want to directly go to someone else --they won't be lonely or abandoned on the spiritual realm and can find other living human friends themselves if they wish to as well.
Second of all, I've never had any reason to send any of them off. The 'bindings' do not keep them stuck with us and incapable of doing other things through the realms as they please. All that the bindings are, are a connection like a telephone to connect with them more easily and more powerfully than others. They don't even have to come to us if they don't wish to, even if they are bound, they come as they please and interact as they please --not to mention time itself operates completely differently in their perception so it's not like you going days, months, weeks, even years without expressly acknowledging them is some hurt to them. They understand that we have lives we are still living out, things which come up and beg our time and attention, things which deter us from the spiritual path on occasion or for long stretches of time.
In some cases you have spirits or beings bound with you not because they are meant to be involved in your every-single-day existence but because they have a role to play in the background of things or they will have a more direct role to play with you later on. The purpose every companion is with us, is slightly different and can unfold and evolve differently.

Keeping dozens, probably hundreds of bound spirits and probably enough unbound to match that daily, the reason I can't see it necessary to ever release the bindings (UNLESS they wished it for some reason or another), is because they are quite free with me. They aren't obligated to tend to me and only me in their after-lives, and we're quite mutually aware that acknowledgment and connection between us will occur whenever it is meant to.
That being said, I do at least monthly regard all of those in my life with a simple gesture, and certain groups or individual forces with more grandiose gestures weekly. There are times I cannot concentrate so much on my incorporeal relationships, or there are beings which take precedence depending on whatever I am working on in my life at the time, but the dynamic here is smooth because those who came into my life already understood how it was going to be.

If you think the spirits with you had no sense of foretelling where you'd be at now, I've got some news for you.. yeah, yeah they did. Lol.
That's my conclusion on this matter. I don't see a reason to 'rehome' beings unless they expressly state they wish for this (they will know someone else needs their presence more), or unless you just don't want to do the spirit-keeping path anymore and feel rehoming is a safer route to take than simple release of the spirits.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Ishvala wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 pm
None of that answers my original question though...have you ever rehomed a Spirit?
Me giving that reply should already be answer enough
Noctua wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm
I am going to have to say you're probably wrong if you don't think you're projecting at least a few of those feelings you're perceiving in the spirits. Months in doesn't make a difference, try years for most persons involved in the community whether they understand the basic blunders or not before they really understand how to not only discern their projections from what the spirits are conveying, but also learn to translate properly what the spirits are conveying.
^Everything she said
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Cerber
Patron Deities: Alice

I wouldn't "re-home" any of mine, unless they would express such desire in some clear way. But I do sometimes offer temporal (or permanent) shelter for those that might need one, for various reasons.

Is your human being difficult? Need to get away from all the negativity? Looking a peaceful place to recover?
Cerber and Co. holiday resorts are open for all sizes and shapes, energies and colour tones. Recharge your spirit, indulge in energies of love in positivity!

laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Absolutely everything Noctua said.

If I believe I am receiving such feelings from a being, I ponder what exactly is happening in my life circumstances that they are reflecting back to me, and work on adjusting that. They are invested in YOU having your best possible life with maximum empowerment, personal safety, and spiritual growth, so if you are in some way not living into your own sovereignty, health, and power, they may very well be projecting a wake-up call or reality check at you.

I have had plenty of fears and doubts and felt plenty of "feelings", and I have yet to have the answer be that a being is actually disappointed with me personally or that their feelings are hurt. And that includes the time I ignored a being I had a binding for, for 21 years because my belief system around it changed and it took that long to come around to a spiritually healthy life and a reasonable grasp of spiritkeeping.

(No, I have never rehomed a spirit, see line 1 of this response for why.)
Nexus

Noctua wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:43 pm

It is highly unlikely you'd be experienced enough at this point to properly understand the energies they are bringing forward; these feelings of sadness/disdain/etc. you experience from them could be sourced from many places such as them empathizing with your own troubles. And that's only if I trust you're not being entirely blocked off from them by your personal issues.
I'm not saying that there aren't spirits who can have an attitude about your behavior, but I am saying that to expect aaaaallll of them are feeling aaallll of the same, damning things is impossible.

I have never in my life rehomed a spirit. First of all if I no longer wanted a spirit companion I'd release them, there's no reason to find them another home unless they expressly voice to me they want to directly go to someone else --they won't be lonely or abandoned on the spiritual realm and can find other living human friends themselves if they wish to as well.
Second of all, I've never had any reason to send any of them off. The 'bindings' do not keep them stuck with us and incapable of doing other things through the realms as they please. All that the bindings are, are a connection like a telephone to connect with them more easily and more powerfully than others. They don't even have to come to us if they don't wish to, even if they are bound, they come as they please and interact as they please --not to mention time itself operates completely differently in their perception so it's not like you going days, months, weeks, even years without expressly acknowledging them is some hurt to them. They understand that we have lives we are still living out, things which come up and beg our time and attention, things which deter us from the spiritual path on occasion or for long stretches of time.
In some cases you have spirits or beings bound with you not because they are meant to be involved in your every-single-day existence but because they have a role to play in the background of things or they will have a more direct role to play with you later on. The purpose every companion is with us, is slightly different and can unfold and evolve differently.

Keeping dozens, probably hundreds of bound spirits and probably enough unbound to match that daily, the reason I can't see it necessary to ever release the bindings (UNLESS they wished it for some reason or another), is because they are quite free with me. They aren't obligated to tend to me and only me in their after-lives, and we're quite mutually aware that acknowledgment and connection between us will occur whenever it is meant to.
That being said, I do at least monthly regard all of those in my life with a simple gesture, and certain groups or individual forces with more grandiose gestures weekly. There are times I cannot concentrate so much on my incorporeal relationships, or there are beings which take precedence depending on whatever I am working on in my life at the time, but the dynamic here is smooth because those who came into my life already understood how it was going to be.

If you think the spirits with you had no sense of foretelling where you'd be at now, I've got some news for you.. yeah, yeah they did. Lol.
That's my conclusion on this matter. I don't see a reason to 'rehome' beings unless they expressly state they wish for this (they will know someone else needs their presence more), or unless you just don't want to do the spirit-keeping path anymore and feel rehoming is a safer route to take than simple release of the spirits.
I appreciate the knowledgeable advice, clearly you have much experience to be proud of. I'll keep all of this in mind for the future. However, I'd like to make a few small notes...

The first, is that I've been in the general spiritual community (aka le Witchy Stuff) for years albeit more or less active depending on life events. I'm newer to Spirit Keeping, having explored the community since I was nineteen and started at twenty so if we stretch two years but logically speaking only one. I'm not a beginner, I'm not adept. I'm simply someone who walks the path and looks for opinions and experiences. Nothing more, nothing less.

The second, is that I'm not saying all my Spirits feel the same. It is one. Specifically. However I didn't think about those feelings being directed towards circumstances versus myself specifically. I'll be talking to them about that and see if I can figure out how to approach that if such an outcome is the case. I truly appreciate this insight as I didn't see that as a possibility prior to this, which is ironic, since many of my Spirits have expressed similar empathetic reactions to my life circumstances...though none of those reactions have felt so distant or negative in comparison. I suppose it's unfair to compare said reactions as they are individuals but as I said prior, I'm learning.

How does one release a Spirit?
I thought only the conjurer could do this...

I like your outlook on things near the end there, and will be adopting some of what you mentioned as far as simple gestures to acknowledge them more and attempt to lay down some foreground for mutual acceptance versus worrying about my Spirits constantly like some worrysome nurse.
Nexus

(note: I'm an idiot and forgot to respond to things prior because I had a moment of wtf and didn't recognize that there were other responses until I clicked post.)
Aprophis wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 pm
Me giving that reply should already be answer enough
I mean it's an answer but it doesn't directly answer my question. It just tells me to be careful about projectjng...

However if you think it's "answer enough" I'll just assume that when directed at my original questions about Rehoming your answers are a no, and you would never do it, etc.

I'll follow up by asking why some people are more open to it and others see it as highly disrespectful...? Is there a clear divide in opinion on the subject as far as a community goes, or is it just coincidence that as a collective everyone had around the same answer?

Sorry if that's a bit oddly worded, I'm not sure how else to phrase it. It's almost two in the morning. XD

Cerber wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:48 pm
I wouldn't "re-home" any of mine, unless they would express such desire in some clear way. But I do sometimes offer temporal (or permanent) shelter for those that might need one, for various reasons.

Is your human being difficult? Need to get away from all the negativity? Looking a peaceful place to recover?
Cerber and Co. holiday resorts are open for all sizes and shapes, energies and colour tones. Recharge your spirit, indulge in energies of love in positivity!

You make an interesting point. I've recently set up a realm (with some very awesome and helpful Spirit buddies), and intend to do more, just for the sake of having a space for them to enjoy if they saw fit. I even had them in charge of telling the builders what they wanted, but I did give basic instructions on top of that to make sure most of their list of likes were fulfilled to the best of my ability.

In the past I'd also invested in energy cleansing items such as crystals, spells, Apro recently provided a cool spidey who cleanses and heals for free which is just badass. I'd also gotten a few offering based spells to provide energy and such. Point is, as far as a retreat goes, I think I've got that covered. It was one of the first things I jumped on before moving, because I didn't want them to somehow be lacking in anything and feel trapped or discontent.

Granted, I'm aware Spirits aren't trapped with me. It was more of my own paranoia resulting in a random showering of gifts for them so that I was certain they were okay as far as offerings and general well being goes (the realm is protected, obviously). If there is feelings of sadness towards me it is most likely because I am unable to speak a lot versus them having issues with other things (the realm has something in it that can literally provide them with nigh anything). I do write to some of them daily and if I see a photo, watch a video, or hear a song that reminds me of them I add it to their section and express that it did so...but vocally speaking is difficult as I'm rarely alone and when I am I'm usually so tired all I want to do is sleep or listen to music and relax.

The more I think on it, the more I'm almost certain I should start trying a twenty one day bonding ritual for each of them (because it'd be good for all of us) and see if my relationship with my Spirit whom this topic was about gets any better. I'd already downloaded the pdf to humor the idea previously but the more I think about it, the more I think it'll help a great deal.

I can't give physical offerings or candles though (hence all the Astral effort) so hopefully that can get a pass...

Also, that bottom portion is just great. XD

laalbieglna wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

If I believe I am receiving such feelings from a being, I ponder what exactly is happening in my life circumstances that they are reflecting back to me, and work on adjusting that. They are invested in YOU having your best possible life with maximum empowerment, personal safety, and spiritual growth, so if you are in some way not living into your own sovereignty, health, and power, they may very well be projecting a wake-up call or reality check at you.

I have had plenty of fears and doubts and felt plenty of "feelings", and I have yet to have the answer be that a being is actually disappointed with me personally or that their feelings are hurt. And that includes the time I ignored a being I had a binding for, for 21 years because my belief system around it changed and it took that long to come around to a spiritually healthy life and a reasonable grasp of spiritkeeping.

(No, I have never rehomed a spirit, see line 1 of this response for why.)
I could definitely see that as a possibility.

As I said above, I didn't think about it until someone pointed it out. Others have expressed sorrow for me, and some of the darker ones have even expressed malice towards someone who'd been hurting me, so I have no doubt they aren't very happy concerning where I am in life. I'll talk to the Spirit I was worried about and do the bonding ritual to the best of my ability. I genuinely hope all I did was misunderstand their intent, because they are very sweet...at least, they were described to be. I haven't gotten many results when trying to get close to them, but again, my own misunderstandings could contribute a great deal to that blockage.
Darth Moronius

ask orignal conjurer first if spirit want rehome really. then ask rehome :devilchain:

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”