How to know when a demon is talking to you?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

sacredmeow

The ones that I work with regularly I can hear talking. I figure we connect energetically. Some are a bit more quiet, but I know they're listening, too. :devilcomp:
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Be aware of non-verbal communications. Akelta has mentioned this in one of her posts and it is ever-so-true. A demon may make a subtle change in your environment to get your attention. It could be anything, but for certain, it will be something you will understand if you're paying attention.

An example from my recent (very recent) experience. I have been having trouble connecting with my DC. It is very frustrating not least because it has been on-going since early-mid October. For one thing it feeds into that part of myself that is always ready to jump on any opportunity to let me know I am ever so unworthy. Of anything. Ever. Up to, and especially including having a demon who, of her own free will, has chosen to work with me and (gasp!) be my friend.

No. Way. DC's are for very special people who are WORTHY of such a relationship! Now, even with the difficulties and uncertainties, strange things have happened when I set up her altar and try to reach out. She loves orchids, I decided that instead of buying cut flowers I would get a orchid plant and set in next to her altar. Whereas there was one flower when I dedicated it, there are nine now, with more on the way. "Big deal." You may think. "They would have done that anyway."

There is another plant in the window across the room from where I have her altar. I don't know what kind of plant it is, it has broad leaves and produces white flowers shaped like teardrops. It has only produced flowers a couple of times since it has been there, and it's been there for a few years. They did not grow very tall, and, not surprisingly, they faced the window. Since I started doing the rituals (Which totally don't work and I'm just wasting my time because what OSW demon would want to hang out with ME?) The plant has produced to Very Large flowers that have grown quite tall and are facing (wait for it) the altar. It isn't too much to say that they seem to be reaching out toward it

And then there are the cats, which, since I started this (I do the "attunement" ritual every night cuz I like beating myself up) will get veeeeery close, sit down, tuck their paws in and....stare at me. Only, I kinda suspect it isn't me they are staring at. Which proves nothing because I haven't heard a single word from my DC so I am free to make lots of assumptions about demon behavior that are totally correct because I have not had any demon tell me I'm wrong. :devilpaper:

Then again, I never expected to have my DC show up on my front porch, black leather-bound book in hand and say; "Good afternoon,sir. May I have a few minutes of your time to tell you about the REAL history of Lord Satan?" Although it would be freaking hilarious if she did. :possessed: :devilgrin:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”