How to know when a demon is talking to you?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Whimsy

I usually know when new perspectives on things are being thrown at me. I usually think in words in my head naturally and sometimes thoughts will intercept mine. I think very philosophically so sometimes they will add there own comments and it feels like, "oh yeah, that makes sense" or "hmm I don't know.." sometimes it feels like an inner monologue. It feels very intimate like they're my own thoughts and I only recently have been able to discern the difference. It's like a slight touch off, a different energy about them.

Only thing is, I'm not connected enough to know who's speaking to me but I have a feeling he's been around for a very long time. We think very similarly just with slight variations on things.

Unfortunately, I also project a lot but usually in the back of my mind I know when I'm playing tricks on myself and when it's a genuine connection. Ahh, being human is just so different always going off on flights of fantasy. It sucks because some of these patterns I project are just so unhealthy and I know he's probably thinking there she goes again making crap up about me.
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

This may be a bit controvesial but I would like to suggest you read a book called The Complete Book Of Demonolatry. I have seen bits and peices of it,but i feel it may give you food for thought. Perhaps give you more questions than answers,but maybe it will be enough to shift your understanding,or at least point you in a good direction to build from your own personal understanding with new ideas.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Gauche wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:18 pm
This may be a bit controvesial but I would like to suggest you read a book called The Complete Book Of Demonolatry. I have seen bits and peices of it,but i feel it may give you food for thought. Perhaps give you more questions than answers,but maybe it will be enough to shift your understanding,or at least point you in a good direction to build from your own personal understanding with new ideas.
In some circles that book is controversial, but then again so is anything written by S. Connolly or Akelta. However, that book was packed full of knowledge and was my introduction to working with Demons. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. Connolly has a way of being able to break down the information and make it easily understood. From there, there's so much to learn. It will also become a good reference book for when you don't know a sigil off the top of your head or how to cast a circle with the Demonic Divinity.

There's also the key to needing a strong foundation and building up discernment in order to really know when it's a Demon making contact, or if it's just your own head, or if there is a trickster type entity claiming to be whoever it is within all the realms. There are layers to this, and I find the easiest way to really know who is coming through and trying to communicate is through setting up a full-on ritual. Cast your circle, focus your intent, chant the enn of the demon that you're trying to contact, light the candles and the incense. From there, you'll be able to get a better grasp of communication and you will learn valuable knowledge that you can only get by doing.

From there, from making formal communication, compare notes. Did the energy line up right? Did you feel similar energy? was it different? How was it different? etc.

Doing this you learn discernment, how on point your intuition is, where you need to focus on which clairs need developing. This will give you a basis for your practice and will help you to hone yourself and develop yourself.
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
HansPuchsbaum
Patron Deities: Zepar
Your favourite Demon?: Zepar

Can we trust our intuition? But of course, we can. Rather than being some kind of sixth sense, Intuition is nothing more than an assembly of our past encounters and experiences buried somewhere deep in our subconscious mind. That's why if we encounter some situation for the first time, our intuition is of very little use to us.
They took me to a preacher...
... Who said that "for small donation my lost soul will be saved"
I said that I don't think so preacher, I'll come back another day.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

HansPuchsbaum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm
Can we trust our intuition? But of course, we can. Rather than being some kind of sixth sense, Intuition is nothing more than an assembly of our past encounters and experiences buried somewhere deep in our subconscious mind. That's why if we encounter some situation for the first time, our intuition is of very little use to us.
That's not entirely true. Intuition needs to be trained, otherwise it could just be a decision based on what you said, your programming, expectations and whatnot. And it can deal with other situations too, since intuition is also a way to communicate with your higher self not just your subconsciousness.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
HansPuchsbaum
Patron Deities: Zepar
Your favourite Demon?: Zepar

Aprophis wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 pm
HansPuchsbaum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm
That's not entirely true. Intuition needs to be trained, otherwise it could just be a decision based on what you said, your programming, expectations and whatnot. And it can deal with other situations too, since intuition is also a way to communicate with your higher self not just your subconsciousness.
Of course you need to train. By exposing yourself to different situations time after time. For the part of dealing with other situations, not encounered before I propose a simple test. Try flipping a coin 100 times and telling, based on intuition, if there will be heads or tails. I bet your success rate will be around 50%, independent of how hard you train.
They took me to a preacher...
... Who said that "for small donation my lost soul will be saved"
I said that I don't think so preacher, I'll come back another day.
Ravenfire
Patron Deities: The Morrigan, Prince Orobas, Queen Beleth, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: I can't play favorites
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

Lucifers enns

Bump
Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.
-Petyr Baelish
eLuceo

Lucifers Enn
Beyond the fourth wall.
Marienna
Patron Deities: Leviathan and Unsere
Your favourite Demon?: Leviathan, Unsere, and Gusion
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I found the more I work with Leviathan, I can almost discern his voice. This is primarily because most of my communication has been via dreaming or meditating. I'm still working with the connection with Unsere, she is more symbolic atm.
PorkyPig

As a beginner , I cannot imagine that a Demon will appear in a visible form in front you , that would be extremely rare: I can expect that somebody hears a sort of voice echoing in one's head but that too is a bit uncommon, at least among beginners.
So either Intuition, Astral Travels or you use bibliomancy, the Tarot, Scrying, Ouija Boars, Pendulums and so on.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”