Spirituality is Cilantro

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

user4558013
Your favourite Demon?: Rosier

:lol:

I feel like an insane person going around going - "SpIrItUaLiTy Is CiLaNtRo" but when you think about it, spirituality really is no different than this!

The perspective is ridiculously silly, but I think that is partially what makes the message so good. :devillove:

I would love to hear from you guys on your point of view or perspective though. Has there come a point where you had to address your own ego when it came to spirituality and other's practices?
Start and end every conversation with laughter.

You might as well laugh now because you’re going to laugh about it when you're further down the road anyways.
Mist
Patron Deities: Freyja, Fenrir

Cilantro is an interesting metaphor and one that I found surprisingly effective in this case.

As someone who lives with many people who are not of a similar path to mine, there are many times when I have to accept that their processes work for them, even though those same processes had not worked for me in the past - and I have seen them make the same consessions for me and my path. I think that, as people, a lot of the motivation behind our desire to share our beliefs with others is in the hope that whatever we found will help our loved ones the same way that it helped us - that is to say, that cilantro changed their world for the better, so they want to share that experience with those around them. This was an important thing for me to realize, because it framed my dwelling-mates' behavior in a new light, that was easier for me to talk about with compassion, understanding, and without the desire to change them (or myself), if that makes sense.

But real talk - what are your actual feelings about cilantro, Velca? Just out of curiosity lol
I threw myself to the wolves, only to learn of the tenderness of their howl, and the loyalty in their blood. ~Isra Al-Thibeh

Profile picture by LAS-T
Whimsy

First off, I love cilantro! But aside from that I've found that other people's experiences are diverse and everyone's abilities/perceptions are entirely different from eachothers too. But more than that I find that it's just not worth arguing with people over it.

I have little desire to try and convince someone of something that they just don't want to believe in. It's a waste of my energy! And I usually have more fun listening to whatever it is that they do think. It's not my job to tell them to think otherwise. I'm on my path and they're on theirs. I can respect that.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I replied on your YouTube video, but like yeah, everyone likes different things, and some times we like the same thing in a different way.

There is no wrong or right in spirituality just your own journey.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
user4558013
Your favourite Demon?: Rosier

Mist wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:15 pm
Cilantro is an interesting metaphor and one that I found surprisingly effective in this case.

As someone who lives with many people who are not of a similar path to mine, there are many times when I have to accept that their processes work for them, even though those same processes had not worked for me in the past - and I have seen them make the same consessions for me and my path. I think that, as people, a lot of the motivation behind our desire to share our beliefs with others is in the hope that whatever we found will help our loved ones the same way that it helped us - that is to say, that cilantro changed their world for the better, so they want to share that experience with those around them. This was an important thing for me to realize, because it framed my dwelling-mates' behavior in a new light, that was easier for me to talk about with compassion, understanding, and without the desire to change them (or myself), if that makes sense.

But real talk - what are your actual feelings about cilantro, Velca? Just out of curiosity lol
I actually am not sure how I feel about most herbs actually LOL. I don't think I taste most that much unless it's heavily influenced in the dish. (BUT PERSONALLY I DONT THINK CILANTRO GOES IN SALSA :lol: )

Whimsy wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:16 pm
First off, I love cilantro! But aside from that I've found that other people's experiences are diverse and everyone's abilities/perceptions are entirely different from eachothers too. But more than that I find that it's just not worth arguing with people over it.

I have little desire to try and convince someone of something that they just don't want to believe in. It's a waste of my energy! And I usually have more fun listening to whatever it is that they do think. It's not my job to tell them to think otherwise. I'm on my path and they're on theirs. I can respect that.
It absolutely isn't worth arguing! Even before coming to complete terms with realizing that everyone translates the energy differently; that I can't view my practices and approach to spirituality to be any more "real" than others just because my approach and practices I am experiencing are very real to me. There is a level of where you have to come to terms with accepting JUST HOW vast the otherworldly is.

Going further with what Mist said, I genuinely believe most people come from a place of just trying to share knowledge. There are definitely some seemingly "rotten" eggs in the community that will force their beliefs on others. But even that, I say "seemingly" because at the core of it, I genuinely believe even those who can't help but react negatively to other people's spiritual experiences and forcing their views on others truly are just people who struggle with their own beliefs.

Humans are social creatures, it never feels good if you are the only one doing something. If you have other people around you practicing the same thing you practice, it takes away a level of insecurity that what you are doing isn't just viewed as insane by others. (or themselves) Because if other's are subscribing to the belief, then you no longer stick out and you have passive affirmations of your path through other people. It boils down to insecurity, which seemingly is rotten, but just has an extremely rotten exterior to protect what is inside.
Sengdroma wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:16 am
I replied on your YouTube video, but like yeah, everyone likes different things, and some times we like the same thing in a different way.

There is no wrong or right in spirituality just your own journey.
And the sooner one comes to terms with that, the MUCH happier they will be! :devillove: :devillove:
Start and end every conversation with laughter.

You might as well laugh now because you’re going to laugh about it when you're further down the road anyways.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”