Did I have an experience?

Share your stories and experiences you have had with the paranormal and the metaphysical.
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Okay I’ve been holding out on you guys, unsure whether I wanted to talk about it ... because you know me, skeptic of everything.
I think this was a month or two ago, anyway I woke up suddenly one night with the distinct feeling of a presence in the room, like a person. Very much distinguishable from my cats.
I was facing the other direction, and for a few seconds I was too scared to move or look. Then for some reason I told myself “maybe it’s Loki” and felt so comforted and protected that I went right back to sleep.
I’m not sure whether to say I was dreaming, or if it was his first visit (probably not) or the first time I picked up on his visit. Even though I never actually saw him, I have this vivid image in my mind’s eye of his shadowy figure. It looked like he may have been wearing something medieval (but who knows in the dark), a feathery or fluffy vest, and had shaggy hair. Also I get the impression he may have had one hand on his hip in a sassy pose and was smiling or grinning.
Whether it was real or not I still thanked him for it, and apologized for falling asleep instead of staying awake to talk. It’s kind of neat regardless.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

Well it definitely sounds like you had an experience :P
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

Honestly, this seems like a genuine experience to me in how you describe it. That *sense* of something first and foremost always distinguishes it, and then with time you will learn to trust in the rest you get (how you envisioned him) and it can become more of a direct and accurate experience.

There are many ways to begin to verify your encounters once you've reached this point and erase doubt; for instance next time you sense a visitation like this is happening try asking a simple question on something you're anticipating an answer to the next day but could not possibly know now (what is so-and-so going to be wearing, am I going to get mail, what's going to happen etc.) Be calm and see what response pops up; when you direct an inquiry of that nature to a spirit, deity or entity it is expected that the answer is granted directly by them and they are able to have knowledge we don't on account of their incorporeal being.
And certainly even if you weren't sure it is they providing an answer, if you're gauging accurate responses more often than not it would be a testament to your psychic sensitivity in development and bring you confidence at discerning other phenomena.

Just a tip as I know when many succeed in one step, it's not always easy to know what comes next, how to anchor the foundation or how to move that onward!
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Shifa

Yeah, I imagine having “conversations” but I don’t seem to come up with anything I couldn’t have dragged from my brain on my own. So far.
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

It sounds like an experience to me! Give it time. And try not to dissect it and decide on it logically. magick is NOT logical.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Definitely sounds like it.
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:06 pm
magick is NOT logical.
There I gotta disagree. Imho it very much is logical, not human logical, but logical nonetheless. It can just be powered by emotions. But without the mind, the will, the guiding intellect, the energy would just be chaotic, unrestrained, all over the place and probably pretty useless in doing what one wants it to do.
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
And try not to dissect it and decide on it logically
The experiences and perception though, aren't necessarily logical. So there I totally agree not to pry it apart too much and over-analyse it with logic. You gotta learn to listen to your intuition too, which is not necessarily logical.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Shifa

Chaotic, unrestrained and all over the place - that’s me!
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Eeeeeeee I'm so excited for you Loka! This is definitely an experience. I guess he was just a visitor popping by and checking you out! ^^ you'll have to tell us if he stops by again!
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
User3246
Patron Deities: Papa Legba, Shiva, Odin
Your favourite Demon?: Samael , Lord Uphir, Lord Asmodeus, Lord Satan, Lord Mammon, Lord Azazel
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

Aprophis wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 pm
Definitely sounds like it.
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
magick is NOT logical.
There I gotta disagree. Imho it very much is logical, not human logical, but logical nonetheless. It can just be powered by emotions. But without the mind, the will, the guiding intellect, the energy would just be chaotic, unrestrained, all over the place and probably pretty useless in doing what one wants it to do.
Satan's Hellcat wrote:
And try not to dissect it and decide on it logically
The experiences and perception though, aren't necessarily logical. So there I totally agree not to pry it apart too much and over-analyse it with logic. You gotta learn to listen to your intuition too, which is not necessarily logical.
You are talking about the difference between feminine and masculine magicks. The feminine IS based on emotions, intuition, pure essences and being. Masculine logic depends on the mind more. I can just BE and DO things, where a male has to have a logical framework. *shrugs* Can females be logical? yes. Do we HAVE to be to do magick? Nope. And that is earth-shattering, amazing magick.
“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

"The Master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Do not rely on ANYTHING, unexamined. If It does not seem to fit, ask about it. If it ultimately degrades or dishonors or holds you back, it is bad for you, so remove it from your life. If it takes from you and never gives back, it is a leech. Discard it. In magick rely only on your own work: What you have seen and done and used for your own self and in your own way. Only keep what in your own estimation is worth keeping. (Hellcat's Rules Of Satanic Magick)"

Don't get too close. It's Dark inside. It's where my Demons hide!

Hailing Satan isn't a hobby, its a lifestyle. (S@tan)
Mellowsloth29
Patron Deities: Astaroth
Your favourite Demon?: Still deciding
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Lokakisa wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:00 am
Okay I’ve been holding out on you guys, unsure whether I wanted to talk about it ... because you know me, skeptic of everything.
I think this was a month or two ago, anyway I woke up suddenly one night with the distinct feeling of a presence in the room, like a person. Very much distinguishable from my cats.
I was facing the other direction, and for a few seconds I was too scared to move or look. Then for some reason I told myself “maybe it’s Loki” and felt so comforted and protected that I went right back to sleep.
I’m not sure whether to say I was dreaming, or if it was his first visit (probably not) or the first time I picked up on his visit. Even though I never actually saw him, I have this vivid image in my mind’s eye of his shadowy figure. It looked like he may have been wearing something medieval (but who knows in the dark), a feathery or fluffy vest, and had shaggy hair. Also I get the impression he may have had one hand on his hip in a sassy pose and was smiling or grinning.
Whether it was real or not I still thanked him for it, and apologized for falling asleep instead of staying awake to talk. It’s kind of neat regardless.

Ya I had a similar experience were I thought someone was to my side but felt extremely hard to turn in that direction.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences, Supernatural Events, and Metaphysical Phenomenon”