View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

Satan and Sons Store     The Chat Room     Demon Encyclopedia     Satan and Suns Blog     Twitter     Facebook     Newsletter 

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I am not the last known living witch in my family. 
SINNER of the month

I got a messaged today from a relative that my 2nd cousin had passed away. She was my grandmother's niece and the last know in the family that I know of to practice the craft, besides me. Our family is catholic and both her and my great-aunt (my grandmother's other sister) both practiced what I grew to learn as being hoodoo using the Catholic religion as a cover for their craft, but would both practice openly with me as a child, always welcoming me into their working. One of my fondest places growing up was the servants' quarters where they and I stayed when we would visit and they kept all their statues and altars, in plain view of my Catholic grandmother, but we would always talk to our ancestors and they would let me charge their candles with my innocence and pure intent. I still remember those specific words and these rituals so vividly, my aunts crazy thin red hair, fragile small body, and skin so pale in contrast to my cousin's curly dark hair and skin. What wonderful women I have in my family. It is the simplicity that I base my own practice on and how I also work with my children when they ask to join in. I haven't had contact with my cousin now since my grandmother died 9 years ago. Now, I look forward to working a ritual again with her. I know that she would understand that I grew into my own practice, and still adore my old hoodoo roots.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 pm
SINNER of the month

And I don't know how to edit my subject to make it say now. :(

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]