BE SMART! DONT MAKE MY MISTAKE!!

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I think it would be advantageous, if you've yet to do so of course, to reflect on what part of you was attracted to this scenario and explore that part of you. I know you've stated this regards seeking friendship, wanting to belong, or live in a fantasy but why this specific source, what is it in you that chose this outlet for that desire? 'Traps' and our relationship with them are very complex.

As I am someone who willingly, knowingly steps into chaos.. this is done with trust, surrender to the unknown. I think when surrender is highly worthwhile, and necessary for growth, the key is to maintain a clarity in doing so. Clarity of where you are, even when the answer is 'lost'. Which only appears a paradox, until you've found an alignment with the wild.
I really appreciate Cor's post here as it feels very reflective of my own discoveries. Nature, we've become disassociated from and thus the modern body and mind can't intuit it the same and cannot align with it's teachings. I include one's predatory senses in this as well, which would otherwise steer one away from 'false prophets' of any kind. The modern body is very dependent on what civilization has conditioned, and that conditioning has muddied the favour of natural elements and their influence where we were once intimately tied to this (for our survival depended on it).
The further we remove ourselves from nature, the more dangerous it becomes; the closer we get to nature, the more we understand where to seek it's power and how to apply it.
I've gone so far as to incorporate known poisonous plants in my practice, develop a relationship with them and have found healing in them. This was done only under advisory of myself and my ancestors. When looking outside of self we sometimes are led on imitation routes to the truth we are yearning for.

One must certainly be responsible for learning about those natural elements they choose to mingle with, they are forces of their own, they have a living spirit; in any and every case we must take responsibility for ourselves. I would say the individual alone needs to put in the time and energy to understand what they are opening themselves to; when it comes to your health and your path any outside resource is simply an opinion/guide - some knowledgeable some not, so govern your own life by making your own knowing and connection central to experience. And you'll never mistake what's right for you, and you'll grasp the opportunity for growth when the result is not as kind.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Darth Moronius

Noctifera wrote:I think it would be advantageous, if you've yet to do so of course, to reflect on what part of you was attracted to this scenario and explore that part of you. I know you've stated this regards seeking friendship, wanting to belong, or live in a fantasy but why this specific source, what is it in you that chose this outlet for that desire? 'Traps' and our relationship with them are very complex.
novel perspectiv, good to think :devilread:
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

... and you'll grasp the opportunity for growth when the result is not as kind.
I really needed to hear the above said plainly and reinforced just now -- thank you.
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
ophidia
Patron Deities: A, E, F, V, Y, N, C
Your favourite Demon?: A

I hope the damage is not permanent, and that you get better. Am I reviving this thread...? Hopefully not.

What I wanted to add is that modern pharmaceuticals and nature do not really need to be put in juxtaposition. A large amount of medicine in the market come from natural sources, and we scour the earth for more. One of the 2015 Nobel Prize winners, who produced artemisinin (malaria cure), took the idea from a herb that was well known in Chinese medicine. Or something more common, such as penicillin and all of its derivatives?

Nature comes up with the most amazing, complex molecules that could take chemists 20 painstaking steps or more to synthesize. However, natural sources of medicine are limited. Most of the time a very large volume of plant is needed to extract a measly few milligrams of the active ingredient, and that may be enough to treat one person, once. There are many other considerations, but what I think is that nature and man should work together in harmony instead of taking sides.

Gaze upon the cruel smile of the Crawling Chaos
Hear the maddening whispers surrounding you
Feel the pleasant sting of those sharp nails
And draw closer like a moth to a flame...

Return to “Health and Wellness”