I need help with negative self-talk

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

Lately I’ve been telling myself some pretty crappy things.
Like, the temple on Discord won’t open for me because there is no one for me.
Berating myself about my looks.
Saying I have no illusions about my life and I’m not going to make up crazy stories like other people.

Last night it culminated in the worst pity-party ever. So bad I made myself cry.
Telling myself I’m not meant to be with anyone.
Saying Loki doesn’t want to be with me because I’m ugly.
Trying to convince myself that I’d be content to be his celibate nun.
Repeating this crap over and over, that I have no illusions that any entity wants me. I’m just going to “go without” and force myself to be asexual.
The erotic dreams I have only reinforce the frustration.

Today I’m like wow. W.T.F. That was dumb to upset myself so badly.
I’m so angry and want to stomp around with a perpetual cloud over my head.
Oh woe is me, pity, pity. Poor Loka can’t get any. Geez.
How can I stop this shit?
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
user2774653b
Patron Deities: Emperor of the Void Abyssal Demon Lord Leviathan

Seems you have low self esteem. Try to find the cause by asking yourself why are you thinking like that. Find the root of it by following your thought-line from fresh thought to oldest one, created when traumatic situation has turned you to that low self esteem condition.
Know that this thought is illusion. We all are worthy. We all are big in different areas of life. Even if you have less gift then the most of people (what is not the case!) Loki and other deities will love you same strong as the most gifted person, the nicest and the most intelligent one.
They are spiritual beings, not dependant of material stuff which we got (or not) by our birth.
Shadow work and head up! 🙂
We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you...
Azrael
Your favourite Demon?: My Demon Friend Companions. :)
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Just remember we're attracting things we think about and talk about. My mom always is saying "I have no heath", "I have no money"... So she attracts it naturally. She is natural product of negativity. That's why she's poor and got huge diabetic problems and she will never be successful until she'll change her mindset.

I used to be like her but I realized I'm attracting very negative things so I decided to think about positive things...Life is challenging us to be positive despite the obstacles its giving us.

Negativite thinking always attracts negative things.

Just remember to stay positive. Every day repeat "I'm beautiful", "I'm successful", "I'm powerful", "I have everything I want"... and keep believing it, and you'll see where it will lead you to. :devilthumbs:
user2774653b
Patron Deities: Emperor of the Void Abyssal Demon Lord Leviathan

Azrael wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 am
Every day repeat "I'm beautiful", "I'm successful", "I'm powerful", "I have everything I want"... and keep believing it, and you'll see where it will lead you to. :devilthumbs:
Want to add: when you start to repeat these at first you won't really believe in it. But be patient because everything man repeats enough time becomes his truth. It's similar process like brainwashing. And then it becomes real truth like Azrael mentioned.
We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you...
Azrael

Dimension VI wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:03 am
Azrael wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 am
Every day repeat "I'm beautiful", "I'm successful", "I'm powerful", "I have everything I want"... and keep believing it, and you'll see where it will lead you to. :devilthumbs:
Want to add: when you start to repeat these at first you won't really believe in it. But be patient because everything man repeats enough time becomes his truth. It's similar process like brainwashing. And then it becomes real truth like Azrael mentioned.
Yes, it is important to believe in it and feel it, to be in the zone. Otherwise it will never work.
Darth Moronius

banishment. in case its sludge or parasiit :grindevil:
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

How do you stop negative self talk? All three Dimension, Azrael and Darth made good suggestions. In this case the answers I would give for this are shadow work and reprogramming your mind.

Look at these things and then ask yourself why are you doing this to yourself? Did someone else say these or similar things to you? Are you repeating what you were taught?

Speaking from personal experience, it's usually something to do with how you were treated when you were younger, learning about the world and susceptible to programming (during childhood). We treat ourselves how we were taught to treat ourselves, which either was how we were treated as children, or learned by watching how our role models treated themselves.

For some things positive affirmations will work. If you find you can't do that though (sometimes the negative voice is too loud) doing shadow work to look at why you can't say those things about yourself (I am beautiful, I'm successful, etc) can help you get to a point where you can.

If you're open to a book suggestions, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz may be a good one. It's short and pretty to the point.

Being aware of this though and wanting to change is a big part of actually changing and fixing it, so you're off to a good start.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Heidi

I second what everyone else said (and by the way I love the Four Agreements!).

I’d start with a series of cleansing baths because the cause may be at least partly external (parasite attachment) and it it is you want that gone to have any long-term improvement. Even if it’s not a parasite, having such thoughts for a long time will often create a buildup of sludge or false darkness energies. So cleansing baths together with any inner work you do will be helpful either way.

There are many ways to change negative self-talk. Two that I often recommend and are easy to do are these:

Number 1: make a list of all the things you keep telling yourself. Then examine each one and see if it’s 100% true. For example I’m a short person. There’s no doubt about it. But if I catch myself thinking that I’m a horrible person that nobody will ever like then that’s not 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt true because I can find examples where people told me I’m a great person or where people chose me as their friend. Even if it’s just one person, it still makes the statement untrue.

After figuring out which statements are untrue and writing down the proof of why they are untrue, construct a more accurate statement. Not something so sugary positive that you’d never be able to believe. Just something more accurate. In my example of being a horrible person, the statement may be “we’re all human and even though I’m not perfect, I’m a good person and there are people who want me in their lives”.

Carry the list with you and whenever you catch yourself repeating the same negative thing to yourself, stop and use a phrase to stop that negative buildup of emotion and energy (I use “cancel, cancel, cancel!). Then go to your list of more accurate statements and repeat to yourself the one you constructed to replace that specific negative belief.

Number 2: for each negative thing you are telling yourself, make a list of reasons why you’d actually want that to be true. Things we don’t want in our lives often stay because subconsciously, we think they serve us somehow. So to uproot them, you have to make these ways they serve you conscious first. For example if I believe that I’m a horrible person and nobody likes me then this can be covering up the fact that I need to remove toxic people from my life. If I make the problem about me (nobody likesme) then I can avoid confrontation or standing up for myself. So this is one way the belief serves me. There may be many others too. So dig in there to figure them out.
Azrael

I think I'd recommend even more classic book by Norman Vincent Peale "The Power of Positive Thinking" from 1952.

Take a look on this video, hope you'll feel better after watching it and it will motivate you a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VnvVHX ... 9hqxW1MJD4
Morrial9

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but perhaps writing a list everyday of things you are thankful for or that make you happy could elevate your mood and help you see the positive things. Even if you don't think so at the moment compliment yourself always and every time you have a negative thought. I found that for me that helps and hopefully it's useful to you as well.

Return to “Health and Wellness”