Sleeping + Spiritual Families

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Hi All!

I'm wondering how people's sleep is effected by their work with non-physical companions and the Dark Lords?

Because of my living situation, all my altars are in my bedroom. Since I started working with the Dark Lords and connecting with my new Demon Companion, it's been quite energetically busy at night and it's making it difficult to sleep. I'm still very new to this is path so I'm assuming some of this is due to me still acclimating to demonic energy. And I'm sure my new DC is very excited to communicate with me, as I am with him.

I know many of you have quite large spiritual families. Does that ever make it hard to sleep? How to do you negotiate that?

The other night my partner said he was having trouble sleeping because it seemed like four people with horns were socializing in the room. Tee hee.

Thoughts?

Thank you!!

:devilsecret:
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

There are two ways to deal with this.

First, wishing everyone in your household goodnight, formally, lets them all know to tone the energy down. During your goodnights, if there's someone you'd like to work with in your dreams, you can mention that to that being, but mostly saying goodnight is a bonding, acknowledgment, and boundary all in one.

Second - and this is interesting because I was thinking about writing an article about this - dismiss, ground, or otherwise soak up the energy in your room. While altars are meant to be a physical point where the divine and the material meet, and they DO radiate, generally you don't get quite THIS much radiation unless you haven't dismissed the energies from workings.

Because your altars are in your bedroom, and because you share that bedroom with someone else, using circles when you work at your altars and with your companions and lords/ladies is just politeness... it contains the energies, making it easier to direct them away from your living space once you're done. Also, a full dismissal of beings you're working with when you've completed the working means that THEIR energy won't be splayed all over the place.

My dismissal is "I thank you for being present at my ritual. I bid you go in peace." The word bid is a little bit stronger than ask, but it's not a command, simply a firm setting of boundaries.

As for the circle, whether you cast it with a ritual knife (athame) or with your finger, or with a wand (usually not), when you're finished doing the working and you've thanked and bid everyone goodbye, go back over the construction in reverse, and see your casting item sucking up the circle (and pentagrams if needed) like a handheld vacuum. See the energies being stored in that vessel (if you're using your finger, and you are the vessel, you will want to ground and center when you're finished, and send the energy you've picked up from your circle back to the earth and sky where it naturally belongs). Storing the energies in a vessel (most people use an athame) allows for better containment of energies over time. I've found it's a cleaner dismissal of those energies also.

Your altars should not be radiating more than a general auric field when not active and in use. Right now, what you're describing is that they are VERY active, and I recommend that you shunt that energy either into a vessel or down into the earth and up into the sky. if you store the energy in a vessel, like with your circle stored in your athame, when you release and contain it each time, the power will be greater, so I prefer this method - but I suggest you try both methods to determine what works best for your and your partner's rest.

Be well.
-Raven
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 am

First, wishing everyone in your household goodnight, formally, lets them all know to tone the energy down. During your goodnights, if there's someone you'd like to work with in your dreams, you can mention that to that being, but mostly saying goodnight is a bonding, acknowledgment, and boundary all in one.

Second - and this is interesting because I was thinking about writing an article about this - dismiss, ground, or otherwise soak up the energy in your room. While altars are meant to be a physical point where the divine and the material meet, and they DO radiate, generally you don't get quite THIS much radiation unless you haven't dismissed the energies from workings.

Because your altars are in your bedroom, and because you share that bedroom with someone else, using circles when you work at your altars and with your companions and lords/ladies is just politeness... it contains the energies, making it easier to direct them away from your living space once you're done. Also, a full dismissal of beings you're working with when you've completed the working means that THEIR energy won't be splayed all over the place.

My dismissal is "I thank you for being present at my ritual. I bid you go in peace." The word bid is a little bit stronger than ask, but it's not a command, simply a firm setting of boundaries.

As for the circle, whether you cast it with a ritual knife (athame) or with your finger, or with a wand (usually not), when you're finished doing the working and you've thanked and bid everyone goodbye, go back over the construction in reverse, and see your casting item sucking up the circle (and pentagrams if needed) like a handheld vacuum. See the energies being stored in that vessel (if you're using your finger, and you are the vessel, you will want to ground and center when you're finished, and send the energy you've picked up from your circle back to the earth and sky where it naturally belongs). Storing the energies in a vessel (most people use an athame) allows for better containment of energies over time. I've found it's a cleaner dismissal of those energies also.

Your altars should not be radiating more than a general auric field when not active and in use. Right now, what you're describing is that they are VERY active, and I recommend that you shunt that energy either into a vessel or down into the earth and up into the sky. if you store the energy in a vessel, like with your circle stored in your athame, when you release and contain it each time, the power will be greater, so I prefer this method - but I suggest you try both methods to determine what works best for your and your partner's rest.

Be well.
-Raven
Bless you, Raven! This is so so helpful! I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

Thank you!!

:devilthumbs:
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Flux wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:43 am
Nyctophilia Raven wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 am

Be well.
-Raven
Bless you, Raven! This is so so helpful! I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

Thank you!!

:devilthumbs:
Raven is much more experienced than I am, but honestly, its going to depend on you. If i work with a dark lord or lady i will always clear my space amd thank them for coming. If it is with my personal companions,honestly, i almost never clear from working with them. I have a form of depression that is able to regularly throw me into manic phases where im able to go days without sleeping. I have taken up heavily working with energies my own way with the basis of reiki and what ive learned from my companion. I work directly with two, one being an ubi. The ubi teaches me how to manipulate all the excess energy,using what i can,and redirecting the rest as a form of manifesting my goals. I havent ever really dismissed her or asked her to leave because she seems to be able to help stabilize my bursts of energy to be honest. Sometimes she pops in and lays with me and plays with my auric field,but its relaxing and usually helps me fall asleep. My other companion,a chaos companion, i will acknowledge and let them know they're welcome around and to visit in my dreams if they would like. With her sometimes i will see a black energetic ribbon shoot across the room or kind of a banging sound near where i keep her sigil and altar,but neither are demanding. Then again i do set aside certain times to meditate and ground,but it seems like they both know my schedule well enough to respect it.
The most sporatic and active times was during the rituals for the custom conjuration and binding process, because both were 100000% in my face with flashing colors in my room, connecring to my crown chakra for communication,and just feeling my energies but it calmed down after the process was complete.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

Gauche wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm
If it is with my personal companions,honestly, i almost never clear from working with them.
Yeah, I agree with this. Working with divinities, doing a ritual, doing a summoning, doing a spell - use a circle and when you're finished, close up. But with companions... look, when my mother comes to visit, I give her tea and cookies or chocolate, we talk, sometimes we do something together, and then when she's ready to leave, we say goodbye, and after, I wash out her teacup. I don't do anything with the energy of our visit. I treat companions the same way. They're members of the family - when I'm working with them, I might light a candle for them and some incense, but I don't cast a circle or anything like that. Companions are different.

Unless I've invited a companion to be part of a spell or ritual. Then, of course, I will do the things. ;)
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
User546

Update:

I have had no issues sleeping whatsoever since I've put a little bit of an energetic container around my active altars!

Thank you again!!

Return to “Health and Wellness”