Cold and flu season

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

We concentrate so much on spiritual and emotional healing, but... tis the season for cold and flu. If you are like me, and don't do OTC meds, prescription drugs, or flu shots, you may find Mullein tea to be a huge help. It's great for respiratory ailments, as well as other cold and flu symptoms, and I drink a couple cups of it a day whether I am well, or a bit under the weather, because it seems to be a good immune booster or something. Just make sure to get 100% organic if you try it. I get the brand Buddha Teas. It's good with honey, and doesn't have caffeine, so it's ok before bedtime to help with clearer breathing and a good night's sleep.
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

:hug: and don’t forget your cinnamon....
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
Obsidian Goddess

Kore Serpens wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:46 am
It is so funny that you mention cinnamon, because for the past couple of weeks I have been having these ridiculous cinnamon cravings!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Kore Serpens
Patron Deities: Satan, Lilith, Sonnelion, Azazel, Kali ma, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Hellborn, Archane, Mutilation, Chaos, Noble, Devotion, Imps

Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:15 am
Kore Serpens wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:46 am
It is so funny that you mention cinnamon, because for the past couple of weeks I have been having these ridiculous cinnamon cravings!
When I was a child I had the honor of being taken under the wing of an elderly woman who, when she was a child, worked with her father who was a natural healer. She was Norwegian and regaled me stories of the Spanish flu epidemic in their area. And because there were so many very sick people they had to xcountry ski to all the nearby villages to help the sick. Many had entire families that were all sick and couldn’t feed themselves nor look after each other.

I loved x-country skiing and the thought of crossing Mtns in the snowy cold and tons of dead people made my eyes cross with pleasure. I was a tiny bit macabre, I guess, but I pestered her for her stories. I came from a rough story/family and was always sickly so I soaked up her tips on the herbs her father used to treat the ill.

She told me that so many died simply because they couldn’t stop throwing up ... they dehydrated and died. Her father encouraged the use of cinnamon, great gobs of cinnamon on everything, and those who did that did much much better. She fed it to me on buttered toast with brown sugar. It’s delicious.

People forget the old ways and become distrustful because they lose connection to their own instincts and then the ability to read the information that herbs/plants share with us. I’m glad to hear that you are listening....!!
The more you listen, the more you try to connect to plant species, the more that gift will open up. They are a living thing and our relationship with them has gone through the same destructive process that has occurred with the demons and our inner spiritual paths.

My Xmas story to you.... lol Stay well :hug:
"Good morning. ( level stare) I see the assassins have failed….”

”In the end it doesn't matter who or what you are - only that you've been embraced by all that you've become ... "
Obsidian Goddess

It is really amazing what natural healing and holistic medicine can do. I was very sickly as a child with terrible digestive issues, but it was never looked into much... I was accused of exaggerating and faking illness to get out of going to school, and when my mother did take me to a doctor, she would tell them I was just high strung and had bad nerves, which they just wrote off as the problem. It got really bad and I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease once I was an adult and able to get medical attention on my own. No matter what the doctors prescribed for it, I got worse and worse, and couldn’t work or leave my home at all. They told me there was nothing that could be done and I could expect to maybe live to 50. I refused to accept that, and began looking into natural medicine. I tried many things in many combinations, but eventually I found that Boswellia Seratta... Frankincense... was good for inflammation, so I tried it and got much better almost immediately! I now use this daily as a maintenance med along with medicinal cannabis, a very strict vegan (organic,non-gmo) diet, and lots and lots of strenuous exercise and I have been in remission for several years with absolutely no signs of ever having been sick, other than a mass of scar tissue in my gut from all the previous inflammation. I have lived past that life expectancy of50 that they tried to pin on me, and plan on living many more healthy, good, and productive years to make up for the not so good ones.
Obsidian Goddess

I had to take a call while I was replying before, but that is so exciting! Dead bodies laying all over in the snow, all frozen and frosty looking... pale skin and vacant eyes... I love it! I am just imagining the experiences she must have shared with you!

Return to “Health and Wellness”