2020 Fitness goals

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I thought I would take a quick moment to post here this morning, because I know that many make New Years fitness resolutions each year and set new goals for themselves, myself included. To give a little background about myself, I am a retired certified fitness trainer, and endurance athlete. I had retired for a while because I have had to invest much of my time as a single parent raising an autistic child and I have had to focus on my son’s education, but he has been doing great in school both socially and academically, so I am planning on becoming recertified in2020. I also posted somewhere else that in 2020 I was going to choose something that I used to love to do, and get back into it... the rules are that I have to really make a positive difference in someone else’s life in doing this, as well as grow both spiritually and in wisdom. This whole thing came about as my Patron Demon let me know during one of my prayer and meditation sessions a while back that He knew of all the shadows that had been tormenting me lately, and that I was in my current state of mind because I had gotten so caught up in every day life and struggles that I had neglected to nurture, feed, and grow the creative and spiritual part of myself that is in actuality the largest part of who I am. As He brought things to my attention and I sat there in the candle light in my dark living room taking it all in, a car headlight beamed through a crack between the curtains and fell upon my favorite, old pair of running shoes and I heard His voice, loud and clear...”Guess who’s running that ten mile race downtown this August?” I sat there a minute, and then said to myself... “Damn! I have a lot of work to do!”
So, in addition to becoming recertified as a fitness trainer, I have just started training for a ten mile race which is in August! I must be a glutton for punishment... I am in good shape as I do work out regularly and my seasonal summer business involves lots of physical labor, but admittedly I have neglected my running and have only been jogging about 3-5 miles at an easy pace about 4 days/week, so it’s time to pick up the pace!
If there is anyone else who is also taking up a fitness challenge for the new year, please share... if there are others who plan on achieving any type of fitness goals this year, for whatever reason, we can help each other stay motivated and on track, and I will post various fitness information and tips that could be helpful as well as answer any questions. I will probably post about once a week, and I am thinking about posting in the next few days about how spirituality and meditation can play a huge part in making fitness become not a program you do, but a lifestyle you lead... and grow to love!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

My goal is to be doing a minimum of two yoga classes and two dance classes per week this year.

Step one was to start an experimental dance class on Thursdays. I have gone once and it was amazing!

I used to rehearse dance four hours a week and perform as a dancer 2-6 hours a week, but my life went through a complete overhaul over the last 9 months and now I have to start up all new habits.

So far, so good!

:headbang:
Obsidian Goddess

Flux wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:32 pm
My goal is to be doing a minimum of two yoga classes and two dance classes per week this year.

Step one was to start an experimental dance class on Thursdays. I have gone once and it was amazing!

I used to rehearse dance four hours a week and perform as a dancer 2-6 hours a week, but my life went through a complete overhaul over the last 9 months and now I have to start up all new habits.

So far, so good!

:headbang:
That is so awesome! I live where we have some pretty wicked winters and the sidewalks are inaccessible when they plow all of the snow on it, so I also like dance classes. Keep it up!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am

That is so awesome! I live where we have some pretty wicked winters and the sidewalks are inaccessible when they plow all of the snow on it, so I also like dance classes. Keep it up!
Thank you!!

My favorite yoga studio just opened up a new studio really close to where I live! so I did one of their slow flow yin classes on Sunday and one on Monday and now tonight I'm going to do their hot slow yoga!

I'm stoked and feel great being this active!
Obsidian Goddess

Flux wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:33 am
Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am

Thank you!!

My favorite yoga studio just opened up a new studio really close to where I live! so I did one of their slow flow yin classes on Sunday and one on Monday and now tonight I'm going to do their hot slow yoga!

I'm stoked and feel great being this active!
It’s exhilarating isn’t it?! We do yoga under the stars here at the planetarium by me. I am about to start my classes tomorrow to get recertified and this is so exciting!
:devilbanana:
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

My goal has slightly changed now we are all in lockdown but essentially it is still close all my rings on my apple watch and beat my husband when he challenges me for a competition. Only difference is as we are only allowed out once a day I no longer use my NRC app instead use my NTC app for indoor exercises with no equipment. And for outside stuff my husband and I take the children out on family walk to get fresh air.

Neither of us has changed our move goals but now we just find it takes nearly all day to achieve the rings.

As an essential worker I guess I get a bit more exercise as I walk to work and then walk around at work as a carer, and walk back. (this does not count as my once a day outside as its associated with my need to get to work).

Our children keep as fit as they can and we are fortunate that our eldest is training to go into the Household Cavalry this year so has a fitness machine (pull ups, dips etc all body weight stuff) that we all get to use.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Ulala
Patron Deities: Anubis,Hades, Set, Lilith,Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, Lord Azazel, Marquess Marchosias, Prince Seere
Number of Demon Familiars: 7

Despite being an essential worker who works a very active job I’m still not where I’d like to be fitness wise. I went about things the wrong way ended developing an ED that I’ve been battling. I was doing great until covid 19 happened and people are wiping out my local supermarket on everything. I reached out to Lord Lucifer for help and this time I was actually able to get better frozen dinners. So I should be ok these next two weeks.

Not only that but the night after reaching out my workplace sent out an email that as a thank you to those of us who still have to work they were providing take out food for one day this week. We just had to pick something off the menu. I’m super grateful for Lord Lucifer helping out here because I was getting a little scared.

That aside. My goal has been to become fit. Because my job is super active I need to be stronger than what I am. I’m doing fine but there’s certain situations where my lack of strength causes me problems. Once things settle down with the covid situation and I can get my eating on track again. I plan on really working on that. It’s interesting too because I’ve never been the sort of person who ever liked being active growing up. I hated doing anything active. Super lazy kid. Ever since I got this job I actually really love being active and the success I feel after working that hard.

Going by the S&S shop listing I’m thinking an Arachne demon might be beneficial to me in this area. I could definitely use the help and guidance.
Blckmagickx
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Well I was going strong until I got a shoulder injury.

I do upper/lower split 6 days a week. From now on I only train lower body and core muscles. I have to tough this one out.
I hate injuries. They set you back in time. And then you have to start all over again. Really frustrating.

I also do kundalini yoga and kundalini breathing meditations. I am gonna start running a bit too.

Return to “Health and Wellness”