Can’t forget desert! Delicious and nutrient packed...

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Since I have shared a vegan meal, and a seafood meal, I simply cannot leave out the desert! Here is a recipe for delicious and nutritious no bake date, honey, and nut bars that is very easy to prepare, with both a vegan and non vegan variation.

You will need:
24-26 soft, pitted medjool dates and an equal number of walnut halves
2 sticks of unsalted butter, cut up in chunks (non vegan) or 3/4 cup oil (vegan)... I prefer coconut oil.
3 or 4 tablespoons of honey
1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pistachios

Here’s what to do:

Open the dates part way and stuff them with the walnut halves then place them snuggly into a small lightly greased container, single layer.

Get a small non stick pan and melt the butter and honey on medium low heat, add the coconut extract, then stir in the flour until it turns golden brown... about 5 minutes

Pour it over the dates and be sure to fill in any gaps, let it sit a bit then top with the pistachios and lightly press them down

Cut into 9 bars, cover, and refrigerate for about an hour, then let them sit outside the fridge for about 10 minutes before serving.

Indulge and enjoy guilt free... this is one nutritious and healthy desert!

Keep leftovers in the fridge. :devilbanana:
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am
Since I have shared a vegan meal, and a seafood meal, I simply cannot leave out the desert! Here is a recipe for delicious and nutritious no bake date, honey, and nut bars that is very easy to prepare, with both a vegan and non vegan variation.

You will need:
2 sticks of unsalted butter, cut up in chunks (non vegan) or 3/4 cup oil (vegan)... I prefer coconut oil.
1 1/2 cup flour

Here’s what to do:

Open the dates part way and stuff them with the walnut halves then place them snuggly into a small lightly greased container, single layer.

Get a small non stick pan and melt the butter and honey on medium low heat, add the coconut extract, then stir in the flour until it turns golden brown... about 5 minutes

Pour it over the dates and be sure to fill in any gaps, let it sit a bit then top with the pistachios and lightly press them down

Cut into 9 bars, cover, and refrigerate for about an hour, then let them sit outside the fridge for about 10 minutes before serving.

That sounds decadent and delicious! I love all of those ingredients!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Flux wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm
Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am

You will need:
1 1/2 cup flour

Here’s what to do:

That sounds decadent and delicious! I love all of those ingredients!
It’s a great, easy recipe for boredom eating... I have been doing lots of that due to being ordered to stay at home. My state is the 3rd worst as far as the pandemic and they are really enforcing the order to not go anywhere except for absolute necessities. The biggest problem I have with this recipe though, is eating all the dates before I even make this...lol!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

I am weak for nutty and fruity desserts. Thank you for sharing! I've been gaining a bit of weight from over indulging in sweets, can't burn them if you have to stay home :L

Return to “Health and Wellness”