Prelude to the dream I posted earlier

Dreams and their deeper meanings, post your dreams here.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Something I just came across in my dream journal. I had forgotten about it until I re-read it just now.

I posted here earlier about a dream where a “presence” enters the dream from outside myself. It wasn't the first time I had felt that presence, but it was the first time it had “entered” from outside, and in that dream it stayed long enough for me to get a reading of it, although there was no direct communication, (no talking or visual clues) That I was in the presence of Hell was very strong, as if the presence was the personification of Hell itself. And then it withdrew.

And then there is this one.

I am with three other people I cannot see clearly, one male, two females. We are in a playground at night, the only lighting comes from the street lights. We are “hunting” something, not “searching for something” We are hunting it.
“It” is not an animal or person, it is a object, it is very evil and we must destroy it. It is there on the playground, under a swing set. I reach down and pick it up. It is metal, scarlet in color and it looks like...a veggie steamer..... Like a colander with legs. You put veggies in it, then set it in a pot of boiling water, so that the veggies do not come in contact with the water. A veggie steamer. Only evil. I'm sure everyone on the board has had enough experience with Demonically infused veggie steamers that further explanation is not necessary. Um...anyway...

And it has sharp, blade-like protrusions. I hold it in the open palm of my left hand, my forearm and hand are the only parts of myself that I can see in this dream. The object slices into my hand, but there is no pain. I think that is very odd, it didn't hurt at all and it should have hurt very badly. I then turn my hand over, still holding it, so that my blood will run into it. That is what I think at that time. “I need to let my blood flow into it.”

One of the women yells at me to throw it on the ground before it “possesses” me. I do and the others attack it immediately, hitting it with objects I cannot see in the dim light. It is not damaged in any way. Then the same woman yells at me to destroy it, I am the only one who can, and I must do it immediately, before it escapes and starts “possessing” others.

Without thinking about it, I pick up a cinder block, raise it over my head, and throw it on top of the object. It isn't damaged at all, it transforms into a human figure and grows larger, still scarlet in color. When it stops growing, it is about the size of a toddler, or very young child. There is no detail to it, just human shaped.

And I realize there is a reason there is no detail to it, all the detail has worn away because it is so ancient. It is from a civilization far older than Egypt, Assyria or Babylon, It is from a civilization that existed before written history.

It is then that I sense the Presence. It is VERY POWERFUL. But not overwhelmingly so, not to me, anyway. It seems, and I stress SEEMS negative, but I am not afraid of it at all. This is just the way it is when it is in this world.

And the sense of familiarity. I KNOW I have been in this presence before, many, many, times. I have nothing to fear from it. At that point I wake up.

The biggest differences between the two dreams is that, in this dream, the Presence had a physical form, or, actually, an object it resided in. The Presence itself was formless. And in this dream the Presence manifested from the object, where before, actually, later, it had entered my dream from outside myself.

I don't know how I could have forgotten this one.
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)
Amaranth Rose
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Hmm.... very interesting... have you had any more thoughts since having this dream? I'm not sure what to make of it myself haha.
I'll remember to stay away from veggie steamers... they are out for blood! :scareddevil:
Hope will never die!" -Lucina
“In a world of spiders and flies, you are a butterfly.” - companion J
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Amaranthlovecharm wrote:Hmm.... very interesting... have you had any more thoughts since having this dream? I'm not sure what to make of it myself haha.
I'll remember to stay away from veggie steamers... they are out for blood! :scareddevil:
This was the end of a much longer dream, as is usually the case with me, I can't remember what went before other than the fact that what I remember and do not remember are connected. My dreams are very involoved, very long and stuffed with detail. As much as I wish to, I cannot often remember more than just the end in any detail.

The interesting thing (for me) about this is that this object was “evil” because the people I was with were telling me that, the “fact” that we were hunting it means it must have been evil, why else would we be hunting it? To me (in the dream) this object was NOT evil and I did not understand why my companions were so insistant on destroying it. At the point where I hit it with a cinder block, I was doing it because the woman insisted that I do it. I remember that from the dream.This was the end of a much longer dream, as is usually the case with me, I can't remember what went before other than the fact that what I remember and do not remember are connected. My dreams are very involved, very long and stuffed with detail. As much as I wish to, I cannot often remember more than just the end in any detail.

But that is also looking at it as if this were an outside event being viewed. It isn't. The people in my dream were put there by me, to serve a purpose. There were three of them, but only one spoke, she didn't just speak, she was yelling at me. "She" wanted me to act without thinking about it, and not just act, but take an action that would be irreversible (destroying the object) "she" is part of me. They all are. I am hunting (another form of searching) for something. I find it, at night, on a children's playground. Part of me is insisting that "it" be destroyed. That part of me tries to destroy it but cannot do so. That part of me then insists that "I" am the only person who can destroy it and I must do so without thinking about what I am destroying.

At the point where it sliced open my palm, then I turned my hand over so my blood could run into it, as best as I can remember, it was the “right” thing to do, the “sensible” thing to do. It was automatic, like I knew what to do before it happened.

There is another thing about this object, I remember sensing that it had some sort of clock-work mechanism in it. I wasn't a clock, only that it contained gears and springs, it had mechanical works in it, and I worried that my blood might cause it to stop working

The transformation part took me, as odd as this sounds, it was my dream, after all, by surprise. As if my attempt to destroy it was actually what it needed to manifest to me. But again, there is a lack of something “personal” It was not a manifestation done for my benefit alone. There was no sense of “me” being addressed in either of the dreams, just as there was no sense of the “Presence” being an individual being. Something self-contained with a name and “identity”

Almost as if “I” was manifesting to the Presence as much as it was manifesting to me. It was simply beyond the realm of any differentiation. I am the Presence, the Presence is me. Sorta, kinda. Except in the second dream I “identified” the Presence with Hell. Almost like Hell as an abstraction rather than a “place” one can go to. “Hell” had no “personification” but it had real substance. It WAS there in that dream and it came from outside of “me” It was more real than “real”
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Dreams and Their Deeper Meanings”